Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@KaBoS 

Get add-ons here

After install, skin settings, active in icons & Images item. The skin has support for studio color, but don´t have support for subtitles or languages flags (Marcos prefer text).

MQ8 have support extrafanarts, and all arts are getting via Service Skin Helper, but after public release appear issues will be fixed in the next release. With the fix probably will don´t need to use Artwork Beef for anything.
Hi. I'm loving this skin, but am having a few issues I'm hoping someone can help me find the answers to:

1: TV Next Episode widget isn't behaving like MQ7 did. When  an episode of a show had been played it moved it up to the top of the list (keeping current watched shows easily accessed). In MQ8 it only sits at the top of the list if the episode has been stopped part way through. Once the episode has completed, the next episode is now somewhere down the back of the list. I can't find the widget setting to change this (played order seems to do nothing that I can see). It also seems to take *forever* to populate this list on the main menu (30+ seconds thinking is not uncommon)
2. How to remove the disc from the PAUSED screen.
3. Recently added movies widget. How do I get watched movies to disappear from this widget list, without having them disappear from the library view?

Cheers if anyone can help on these issues.
(2019-03-29, 11:30)Constructacon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm loving this skin, but am having a few issues I'm hoping someone can help me find the answers to:

1: TV Next Episode widget isn't behaving like MQ7 did. When  an episode of a show had been played it moved it up to the top of the list (keeping current watched shows easily accessed). In MQ8 it only sits at the top of the list if the episode has been stopped part way through. Once the episode has completed, the next episode is now somewhere down the back of the list. I can't find the widget setting to change this (played order seems to do nothing that I can see). It also seems to take *forever* to populate this list on the main menu (30+ seconds thinking is not uncommon)
3. Recently added movies widget. How do I get watched movies to disappear from this widget list, without having them disappear from the library view?

Do the following for TV Show Next Aired to work properly, at least it did for me.

You need to just use SHS (1.1.3) SHSW (1.0.22), TV Show Next - Aired (6.0.15), Metadata and Artwork module (1.0.0) and The TVDB APIv2 (0.01). That solved all my TV Show widget issues after hours and hours of trying. His widgets up on the widget selector is so confusing that it drives you mental trying the various options.

As for the widgets loading time, I already complained about this, but I believe we have to wait for Marcel to resolve this. It is frustrating waiting on them to load, and sometimes they don't even show.

Shedrock
Hi

Thank you so much for this wonderful skin that i use from the beginning ; especially for the audio play view.

In the MQ8, i  don't find the skin audio setting to customize audio playing view as before.

Could you tell me where to find ?

thanx again for you wonderful work
@free08 
In the library, press left arrow, in top menu, check ART tab, the first item, Settings (fullscreen video).
(2019-03-29, 14:16)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@free08 
In the library, press left arrow, in top menu, check ART tab, the first item, Settings (fullscreen video).

Thank you Wanilton Smile

Do you know why the mq8 make disapear this setting in the control bar ?
(it is not very intuitive)
Yes, I know. Marcos fix the number the items in the Menu M, don't have enough space for included all. I think it's one setting items you configure only one time once, so no prob where, will work ok.
(2019-03-29, 16:31)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I know. Marcos fix the number the items in the Menu M, don't have enough space for included all. I think it's one setting items you configure only one time once, so no prob where, will work ok.
Thank you for answering.

yes you are right when you say that it is a setting you configure on time for all.
Perhaps it should be interresting to put these settings in the global skin settings.

PS : shatertoys doesn't work with mq8 ? i have no projection. (waveform works)
(2019-03-29, 13:27)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-29, 11:30)Constructacon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm loving this skin, but am having a few issues I'm hoping someone can help me find the answers to:

Do the following for TV Show Next Aired to work properly, at least it did for me.

You need to just use SHS (1.1.3) SHSW (1.0.22), TV Show Next - Aired (6.0.15), Metadata and Artwork module (1.0.0) and The TVDB APIv2 (0.01). That solved all my TV Show widget issues after hours and hours of trying. His widgets up on the widget selector is so confusing that it drives you mental trying the various options.

As for the widgets loading time, I already complained about this, but I believe we have to wait for Marcel to resolve this. It is frustrating waiting on them to load, and sometimes they don't even show.

Shedrock 

Damn it would be nice to have this behaviour restored, load speed included.
Good skin, as always. I am faced with a problem, I am using the latest version available in the official repository with version 18.2 RC, and playing a file, there is no way to see where to choose the subtitles, I do not see anything at all. Say that I use it in an Nvidia SHield, any idea Huh Thank you!!!
Dear Marcos and Wanilton,

As always thanks for all your hard work in developing this skin (Marcos) and helping here on the forums (Wanilton). This is my 3rd version I have been using of the MQ skin and I've always been a big fan.

I have just installed Kodi 18.2/MQ8 from a fresh install and am having a few issues similar to Shedrock that I would like to try and troubleshoot. I am using it on an older x86 PC running Win10 with a large library stored on internal HDD. OS and Kodi on an SSD. That being said, this same HTPC ran Kodi 17.6/MQ7 fast, smoothly, and flawlessly. Menu scrolling and widget loading was nearly instantaneous. No buffering.

This may or may not be relevant, but prior to uninstalling K17.6/MQ7 I exported the library so that copies of the fanart and extraart or stored separately in each shows folder.

Upon installing K18.2/MQ8 I re-added the media and had it import/update the library using the Universal Scraper. I did not import local library nfo. On the main menu screen I set up the following widgets: TV Shows = EPISODES - NEXT. Movies = MOVIES - RANDOM.

I am now seeing the following behaviour...
  1. WIDGET LOADING IS EXTREMELY SLOW. This occurs on both EPISODES - NEXT and MOVIES RANDOM. In the vicinity of 15-30secs of spinning circles... which makes them unusable. Then if I scroll menu and back again... they take another 15-30secs to reload again (sometimes shorter second time around). Have I caused this by placing artworks in each folder? Is the buffering due to the widgets trying to fetch artworks from my HDD? I would assume that Kodi would still maintain a central library database and artwork on my SSD as it did in K17.6?
  2. EPISODES - NEXT WIDGET IS NOT UPDATED. In K17.6/MQ7, when I watched an episode, the widget would update the list and place the next episode of the last show watched at the start of the widget list. K18.2/MQ8 is not doing this and the widget list does not appear updated. Even after reboot.
I am assuming these widgets are still filled by artworks located in the central library? Is the problem caused by scanning and updating the list each time? Can you please advise if there are any settings I have set incorrectly or if there are any adjustments I can make to rectify this widget buffering?

Finally... and this is a side issue... I have downloaded the "XBMC Brasil Forum add-ons repository.zip" from both the XBMCBRASIL VIP members google drive, as well as via the link Marcos provided on his post on XBMC Brasil when he released MQ8, and I don't seem to be able to get either to work. I install repository via zip - and the XBMC Brasil Repo shows in "my add-ons > repositories"... but when I go to access the repository via add-ons I am returned the error "cannot connect to repository". Can you confirm if the repo is down? If not I might have a problem with my Kodi install.

Kind regards,

G
(2019-03-30, 09:28)Growler74 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Marcos and Wanilton,

1. WIDGET LOADING IS EXTREMELY SLOW. This occurs on both EPISODES - NEXT and MOVIES RANDOM. In the vicinity of 15-30secs of spinning circles... which makes them unusable. Then if I scroll menu and back again... they take another 15-30secs to reload again (sometimes shorter second time around). Have I caused this by placing artworks in each folder? Is the buffering due to the widgets trying to fetch artworks from my HDD?

I can say that with a fresh installation of Kodi, MQ8 and the library, all of this on an SSD, the behavior is the same, spinning circle on some widget
@Sergiqu about the subtitle download, Menu M, OSD button, subtitle settings, download subtitle.

As always thanks for all your hard work in developing this skin (Marcos) and helping here on the forums (Wanilton). This is my 3rd version I have been using of the MQ skin and I've always been a big fan.

I have just installed Kodi 18.2/MQ8 from a fresh install and am having a few issues similar to Shedrock that I would like to try and troubleshoot. I am using it on an older x86 PC running Win10 with a large library stored on internal HDD. OS and Kodi on an SSD. That being said, this same HTPC ran Kodi 17.6/MQ7 fast, smoothly, and flawlessly. Menu scrolling and widget loading was nearly instantaneous. No buffering.

This may or may not be relevant, but prior to uninstalling K17.6/MQ7 I exported the library so that copies of the fanart and extraart or stored separately in each shows folder.

Upon installing K18.2/MQ8 I re-added the media and had it import/update the library using the Universal Scraper. I did not import local library nfo. On the main menu screen I set up the following widgets: TV Shows = EPISODES - NEXT. Movies = MOVIES - RANDOM.

1. WIDGET LOADING IS EXTREMELY SLOW. This occurs on both EPISODES - NEXT and MOVIES RANDOM. In the vicinity of 15-30secs of spinning circles... which makes them unusable. Then if I scroll menu and back again... they take another 15-30secs to reload again (sometimes shorter second time around). Have I caused this by placing artworks in each folder? Is the buffering due to the widgets trying to fetch artworks from my HDD? I would assume that Kodi would still maintain a central library database and artwork on my SSD as it did in K17.6?
  2. EPISODES - NEXT WIDGET IS NOT UPDATED. In K17.6/MQ7, when I watched an episode, the widget would update the list and place the next episode of the last show watched at the start of the widget list. K18.2/MQ8 is not doing this and the widget list does not appear updated. Even after reboot.
I am assuming these widgets are still filled by artworks located in the central library? Is the problem caused by scanning and updating the list each time? Can you please advise if there are any settings I have set incorrectly or if there are any adjustments I can make to rectify this widget buffering?

Finally... and this is a side issue... I have downloaded the "XBMC Brasil Forum add-ons repository.zip" from both the XBMCBRASIL VIP members google drive, as well as via the link Marcos provided on his post on XBMC Brasil when he released MQ8, and I don't seem to be able to get either to work. I install repository via zip - and the XBMC Brasil Repo shows in "my add-ons > repositories"... but when I go to access the repository via add-ons I am returned the error "cannot connect to repository". Can you confirm if the repo is down? If not I might have a problem with my Kodi install.

Kind regards,

About widgets, thanks for inform whats widgets you have issues. I don't have a large collection here, maybe it explains why don't happen to me. 

About Repo, we have one to Krypton (was deprecated), other for use with Leia released together with MQ8, inside have only coloured add-ons and skin themes (Work for me). We need to submit to the official repo the respective add-ons.

All other files we share via google drive only.
(2019-03-30, 11:16)Benna Wrote: [ -> ]

1. WIDGET LOADING IS EXTREMELY SLOW. This occurs on both EPISODES - NEXT and MOVIES RANDOM. In the vicinity of 15-30secs of spinning circles... which makes them unusable. Then if I scroll menu and back again... they take another 15-30secs to reload again (sometimes shorter second time around). Have I caused this by placing artworks in each folder? Is the buffering due to the widgets trying to fetch artworks from my HDD?

I can say that with a fresh installation of Kodi, MQ8 and the library, all of this on an SSD, the behavior is the same, spinning circle on some widget 
Is the same widget mentioned by Growler64 or are others, please inform when posting exactly items for I test here.