Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fantastic work as usual. Great Skin.

But unfortunately I'm having the same problems with extrafanart like some other users.
The "cycling" of extrafanart only works for movies/series i already had in my collection, before switching to Kodi 18/MQ8. Previously I ran Kodi 17.6/MQ7 (all on nvidia ShieldTV).
Every new item I add to movies/series only shows the standard fanart. And of course i activated the use "Extrafanart" for the view I'm using.
Nothing seems to work.
No luck with extrafanart-Folder and fanart1.jpg - fanartx.jpg in it.
No luck with fanart1.jpg - fanartx.jpg in movie subfolder.
No luck with moviename-fanartx.jpg in movie subfolder.
I even tried to "populate" the kodi cache with the respective funktion in Artwork Beef, which I installed later.
And of course i emptied the kodi cache before all that.
So... now I'm running out of ideas and I'm stuck.

BTW: I switched to another skin with extrafanart support... and all extrafanart images were shown without problems... old ones and newly scraped ones.

I have really no idea what to do now.
Did I miss a setting that needs to be done?
Can I add a favourite as a sub menu item?

When I go to favourites the favourite radio station I added is there and plays.

When I choose favourite from the right hand menu to add a favourite as a submenu, item nothing happens.

I can add the music addon 'Radio' as a submenu item no problem.
I think the mayor problem is ArtworkBeef.This script can download poster in two folder
-Default is in Movie folder
-ExtraFanart folder

If you set movie folder then you in trouble with all skin who use SHS to reproduce extrafanart.For new added Movie SHS serch ExtraFanart before you add Art with AB.
And resultats are Empty path to ExtraFanart and Skin can't show you ExtraFanart.(all writen in simplecache.db).
Need time to SHS to reload new images from scraper(7 Days), after that time, Skin will show ExtraFanart.
or add from this
https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...onfreefun/

If you set AB to download Fanart in Movie path/Extrafanart then this code will help you (Add in line 425 - IncludesParams.xml.
Code:
        <control type="multiimage">
            <left>$PARAM[left]</left>
            <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
            <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
            <height>$PARAM[height]</height>
            <timeperimage>6000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>commonfadetime</fadetime>
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(keepaspect)">KeepAspect</include>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]</imagepath>
            <animation effect="fade" end="100" time="200" delay="3000">Visible</animation>
            <include>animation_panscan</include>
            <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt))</visible>
        </control>
I can live without Extrafanart for new movie, but wait to see what Marcos will do maybe he find solution for your problem....
Skin just release, be pation. Smile
I found out that the skin stops cycling the extrafanart when I disconnect my USB drive where the movies and the extrafanart is installed. It has to ran all-time because the skin is not loading it from the cache like the standard fanart or the cdart or the logos or the posters. Switching to the Aeon Nox Silvo Skin extrafanart is cycling even if the usb drive where all my fanart is stored is not connected. It has something to do how the skin handles the cache. 
I'm also using a Nvidia Shield the OS is Android TV 8 and the location of my Fanart is an USB Drive 
I can't send an log file because I uninstalled the skin 5min ago maybe an other user with the same setup can do that 
Greetings
Hi first time using this skin and it's fantastic, absolutely perfect apart from 1 niggly issue, Does anyone know how to configure the Live TV Group Lists to a shortcut gamepad button or keyboard button because right now when i'm in a channel list to change channel groups I have to press left on the gamepad so the top pop up menu appears then I have to navigate right to the GUIDE tab then press down to get the channel groups to pop up, this is much easier in the default skin less key presses is there anyway to shorten these switches? Thanks in advance.
Thank you! Great job!

i have missing shortcut to download subtitles in play menu.. its greyed out - to dl subtitle yo need go around. Its bug or I'm missing something?
@loopez 

OSD, Subtitles OSD...button available in menu M, audio and subtitle, active when having 1 or more item, each enter change for other items available.

I use one shortcut for request subtitle, faster way.
Thanks Wanilton & Marcos. I have been using a version of this skin since the early XBMC days and still think it is one of the best.

Since the upgrade to MQ 8, and all throught the betas, I too am having problems with extrafanart. It is not a deal killer for me, but it is one of the features I really liked about the skin. Through all the other versions, my extrafanart folder with multiple images worked great. Now it appears that we can only have ONE image for each object which is a step backwards. I would like to see the old way implemented again if possible.

Thanks again so much for your tireless efforts in bringing us this fabulous skin.

Mark
Just a few (possible issues)...

I'm using a Nvidia Shield TV, if that matters.

1. When scrolling through Movies (using RightList), the DVD that pops out, is at first a blank silver one, and will eventually change to the actual Movie disc, but only once the Fanart starts to switch (usually takes up to 20 seconds before this works).

2. Under Settings/Skin Settings/General, several of the options to change items (Star Ratings, DVD/BluRay Case Colors, etc), have a popup asking to install Skin Color Picker (This isn't the actual name, but something similar), but it failed to install on 3 or 4 of the different settings, but eventually worked on one. Not sure why all the failures though.

I miss TV Tunes, but will test out TV Melodies to see how that works with my collection. I'm also curious how some other add-ons like Movie Set Artwork Automator (MSAA) works with this new skin.
@Amjak

If you have the extrafanart stored in the extrafanart folder it will access the disk each time.

New way is to have multiple fanart beside the movie. This gets added into the Kodi library and is cached so doesn't need access to drive.

More info here https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Multiple_fanart
Gentlemen, I once again tip my hat to you, sirs! Silly question: I have TV Show - Next Aired set as a main menu item with the widget to show Episodes - Next Aired. In previous versions of of the skin & widget, it would show a listing for a number of days (I have the script set to show up to 15 or so days); however this time, it seems to mirror my main TV menu item widget of Episodes  - Unwatched.

Am I missing a setting? Do they happen to point to the same thing and need to be tweaked? It's not a game changer by any means, but it literally is only one of two things I've found.

The second thing I've noticed it that on occasion, I'll get a notification in the upper left of the screen telling me login failed. Now I have gone and added my own personal API keys in the two (2) metadata-handler dependencies scripts, and I'm using my own Youtube API, but it still pops up on occasion and I don't know what it is referring to. Any assistance on where to look would be greatly appreciated!
@RonnieG3 - I modified my IncludesVariables.xml file because it was not working. Here is my modified file: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2829673

Make sure you backup your copy 1st.

Cheers,

Shedrock
(2019-03-05, 00:39)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]. . .
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you  Laugh . Will test once I get home from work.
I'm getting used to the new menu bar.....I wasn't sure!

This is a great new MQ skin!!
GREAT JOB!!
Wanilton & MarcosQui!!

GREAT NEW MQ8 SKIN!!
To summarise for people that are having issues with the Recent widgets (TV and Movies) showing watched content the following needs to change in the IncludesVariables.xml which within LibreELEC is located at: /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8/xml/

Movies:
Line 301: 
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),movie.recent)">videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/</value>
Needs to change to: 
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),movie.recent)">plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recent&amp;mediatype=movies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]</value>

TV:
Line 317: 
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),tvshow.recent)">videodb://tvshows/titles/</value>
Needs to change to: 
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),tvshow.recent)">plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recent&amp;mediatype=tvshows&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]</value>

Line 328: 
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),episode.recent)">videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes/</value>
Needs to change to: 
xml:
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),episode.recent)">plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recent&amp;mediatype=episodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]</value>