Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trakt.tv v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-12-01, 13:04)Starmanrf Wrote: [ -> ]Great add-on, love all the features to keep my collection upto date.

Not sure if you're able to address this or perhaps its an issue for Phil. When I'm browsing TMDB 'upcoming' 'popular' or 'in cinema' movies via the Extended Info Add-on and I try to 'add to watchlist' through the context menu, I get an error unless an item already exists in my library. Would be great to be able to add the upcoming content ahead of collecting it through the Kodi interface.

Thanks
 Afaik there is no "Add to watchlist" feature in this trakt addon
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. Apologies, I assumed the context menu plug-in 'add to watchlist' was linked to the trakt.tv add-on.

Anyways, not really an issue as I'm happy enough to browse and add stuff through the trakt website.

Best wishes for the festive season 😀
Good day. Great addon. Thanks.
Scrobbling tv show does not work. As the metadata source for themoviedb. How can I fix this?
LOG
Since Trakt allows a Progress Reset (resetting a show's progress and tracking rewatches), is there a chance to use this in the Kodi-Add-on?
(2019-01-06, 12:56)Sedge.One Wrote: [ -> ]Since Trakt allows a Progress Reset (resetting a show's progress and tracking rewatches), is there a chance to use this in the Kodi-Add-on?
 Not, planned
I have been using this addon for a long time.. thanks for doing it! 

I noticed something the other day that my watchlist in Trakt had basically every series I ever watched in it. Reading on the trakt website they mention that it is something that is meant only for stuff that you haven't watched yet but going to watch. So I went ahead and cleaned everything out of my watchlist and it keeps on getting added back with this addon. Does this work as intended? Or am I missing an option in the settings? 

Thanks.
How do you handle rewatches?

If I understand correctly you can turn off syncing watched status from kodi to Trakt but if you watch an episode of a show it still gets marked as watched on Trakt. Correct?

I thought I could just turn this off in the Addon and then remove all plays of the show Trakt. Now the show doesn’t get marked as watched in Trakt again when I sync but also the show doesn’t get marked as unwatched in kodi. I have to mark it as unwatched in kodi and in Trakt. That is not really how synchronizing works.

So what is the right way to handle rewatches?

And how does syncing of ratings work? When there are two different ratings, which one has priority? In my opinion Trakt should always count as the truth. If you watch or rate something in kodi this change is every time also made in Trakt. This means whenever there is a difference between kodi and Trakt the change was made in Trakt. If it would have changed in kodi it would also have changed in Trakt. So why not just sync everything from Trakt to kodi? If it is watched in kodi and unwatched in Trakt, Set kodi to unwatched and vice versa.
(2019-01-10, 03:26)hoagieh Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using this addon for a long time.. thanks for doing it! 

I noticed something the other day that my watchlist in Trakt had basically every series I ever watched in it. Reading on the trakt website they mention that it is something that is meant only for stuff that you haven't watched yet but going to watch. So I went ahead and cleaned everything out of my watchlist and it keeps on getting added back with this addon. Does this work as intended? Or am I missing an option in the settings? 

Thanks.
 No your not missing anything. This addon doesn't do anything with the watchlist, so it has to be another addon you have installed.
Hi,

I suddenly have problems with sync. The Trakt plugin quits Movie-Sync after "Retrieving movie collection from trakt" and immediately goes to TV sync where it then also quits after "Retrieving episode collection" without doing anything.
Is the sync service down, or is something wrong with the plugin ? I tried to check the Kodi log but could not find anything and I also did not find a dedicated trakt log. (I tested on Windows 10, one time with Kodi 18 and one time with 18.1)

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance !
@hermann_x5 -- I've had that same issue in the past. 

When I couldn't find a solution, I uninstalled, reboot, re-installed, and re-connected with a new API code for Trakt.tv.  Rebooted once more.

I also had to clear my libraries (remove, then re-create the shares / re-populate from local info), but I'm not sure if that was part of the solution.

I know this isn't an ideal reply, but after banging my head without any solutions, this was the only thing that eventually worked for me.
oh, ok Sad I have now also seen that on my Nvidia Shield the scrobbling and rating does not work. I therefore hope that it is not specific to me or my installation. But if the problem stays, I guess I'll have to try - at least the first part - of your solution Smile One thing I for sure would do as a last resort is clear my libraries, as I have a rather big multi-client setup with mysql etc., so the trakt sync would for sure not be worth the effort...Anyway, thanks !
(2019-02-19, 00:10)RKMFlorida Wrote: [ -> ]@hermann_x5 -- I've had that same issue in the past.

When I couldn't find a solution, I uninstalled, reboot, re-installed, and re-connected with a new API code for Trakt.tv. Rebooted once more.

I also had to clear my libraries (remove, then re-create the shares / re-populate from local info), but I'm not sure if that was part of the solution.

I know this isn't an ideal reply, but after banging my head without any solutions, this was the only thing that eventually worked for me.
just to let you know, and everyone else stuck with this problem: I decided not to wait, and try to fix it according to your suggestion. Ehat I did:

1.) I uninstalled the Trakt Addon
2.) manually deleted the folder "userdata\addon_data\script.trakt" (the uninstall left this data although I explicitely told it to remove the settings)
3.) re-installed and re-connected as suggested by @RKMFlorida

-> and it's working again. Only hope I do not have to do this on all my clients. Anyway, thanks !
Hello!

Im running libreelec kodi Leia and i cant seem to auth with my trakt account - when i press the "how do i authorize the trakt addon to access my trakt.tv account?" it does nothing - anyone know how to solve this?
reinstalled did nothing either Sad
reinstalled without trakt context menu and that seemed to have made it work! sorry for the spam folks Smile