Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trakt.tv v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Kodi for quite a while, but I just started using Trakt recently. Found the add-on and it works great for stuff in my Kodi library, and for some addons as well. However, it doesn't do anything for my PVR recordings (I'm using the MythTV PVR client). I enabled debug logging and checked for any trakt messages, and this is what I found when I played a recent episode of The Flash:

14:37:43 T:1569586344 DEBUG: [script.trakt] service: [traktPlayer] onPlayBackStarted() - {u'item': {u'type': u'unknown', u'id': 25, u'label': u'The Flash'}}
14:37:43 T:1569586344 DEBUG: [script.trakt] service: [traktPlayer] onPlayBackStarted() - Video type 'unknown' unrecognized, skipping.

Is there some configuration that I'm missing for Trakt to recognize my PVR recordings? Apparently it knows I'm playing something, since I see the video name "The Flash". I don't see episode details in that log, though. Maybe there's something missing in the MythTV DVR addon?
(2015-07-04, 04:41)LupinSansei Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get Trakt to track stub files? I have a a lot of DVD stub files but Trakt never seems to track them.

Guessing this isn't possible?
I have kodi+trakt on 2 PCs, 2 weeks ago when I watched something on PC1, PC2 syncronized it and marked watched episode as watched.

Now I can see trakt history is working, and it is tracking every episode I'm watching, but when I watch it on PC1, it is no longer mark as watched on PC2.

Any suggestions? Or is it api side problem, and they will sort it out?
hey
just experimenting with the Trakt Kodi addon. I can mark movies as "watched" with the Trakt context menu, but I can't mark them as unwatched. Status changes to unwatched only in Kodi database, not in Trakt.

edit: Ok, this just doesn't seem to work.
Is there a way to mark all movies on Trakt homepage as unwatched? At the moment I have big inconsistencies between my Kodi and Trakt database and I just want to make a fresh start. Or do I really have to create a new account?
(2015-10-27, 23:55)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]hey
just experimenting with the Trakt Kodi addon. I can mark movies as "watched" with the Trakt context menu, but I can't mark them as unwatched. Status changes to unwatched only in Kodi database, not in Trakt.

edit: Ok, this just doesn't seem to work.
Is there a way to mark all movies on Trakt homepage as unwatched? At the moment I have big inconsistencies between my Kodi and Trakt database and I just want to make a fresh start. Or do I really have to create a new account?

Check https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater it has a "Cleanup / maintendance" menu.
thank you!
Mhh this is really a problem that Kodi can't set the status to unwatched (for Trakt).
When I mark an episode as watched in Kodi (with Trakt context menu) by accident, I can't revert this without entering the Trakt website. As soon as I update Kodi database, the episode is gonna be marked as watched again.
On the other hand, when I deactivate "mark episodes from Trakt history as watched in Kodi", Kodi doesn't take over the changes I made in Trakt anymore...
(2015-10-28, 05:06)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]thank you!
Mhh this is really a problem that Kodi can't set the status to unwatched (for Trakt).
When I mark an episode as watched in Kodi (with Trakt context menu) by accident, I can't revert this without entering the Trakt website. As soon as I update Kodi database, the episode is gonna be marked as watched again.
On the other hand, when I deactivate "mark episodes from Trakt history as watched in Kodi", Kodi doesn't take over the changes I made in Trakt anymore...

Well, the problem is, we can't know what to do. You might have multiple watches on a movie. Should we remove all, one? If one, which one and why not the other?

And that "mark episodes from Trakt history as watched in Kodi" option is exacly doing what it should do Smile
I had to log out and back again in the addon, now it is working fine, thanks ?

(2015-10-26, 16:11)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]I have kodi+trakt on 2 PCs, 2 weeks ago when I watched something on PC1, PC2 syncronized it and marked watched episode as watched.

Now I can see trakt history is working, and it is tracking every episode I'm watching, but when I watch it on PC1, it is no longer mark as watched on PC2.

Any suggestions? Or is it api side problem, and they will sort it out?
So after a fresh install of my system i get this error when installing trakt:

Code:
10:13:31 T:296  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:13:32 T:296   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named arrow
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from service import traktService
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\service.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from traktapi import traktAPI
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\traktapi.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from trakt import Trakt, ClientError, ServerError
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.trakt\lib\trakt\__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from trakt.client import TraktClient, __version__
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.trakt\lib\trakt\client.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                from trakt.core.configuration import ConfigurationManager
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.trakt\lib\trakt\core\configuration.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                from trakt.core.context_collection import ContextCollection
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.trakt\lib\trakt\core\context_collection.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                from trakt.core.helpers import synchronized
                                              File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.trakt\lib\trakt\core\helpers.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                import arrow
                                            ImportError: No module named arrow
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

whats happening?
Looks like your trying to install from zip and not from the official kodi repo.
So it seems to track the shows and movies i watch, but it hasn't updated the collection of movies in DEC 2014 Sad is there something I'm doing wrong?
(2015-11-03, 14:43)ScottNBNP Wrote: [ -> ]So it seems to track the shows and movies i watch, but it hasn't updated the collection of movies in DEC 2014 Sad is there something I'm doing wrong?

Check your setting and see if you enabled the collection updates and the sync at library scan.
(2015-10-28, 10:23)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 05:06)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]Mhh this is really a problem that Kodi can't set the status to unwatched (for Trakt).
Well, the problem is, we can't know what to do. You might have multiple watches on a movie. Should we remove all, one? If one, which one and why not the other?

I have the same problem, how about just removing all watches?
because when I mark it "unwatched" I haven't watched it Wink

HuhHuhHuh
hmmmm...
when it is "unwatched" on trakt and I sync another device where it is still marked as "watched", how does sync know which status is current?

one solution is to ALWAYS use status from trakt while syncing and only change status on trakt after view/menu action.
sorry for the long post, just read the last paragraph.

ok, the idea of always using watched-status from trakt doesn't work:
on initial sync I want the watched status from kodi transferred to trakt

These are the sync problems I found using trakt..

-watched-status can not be changed back to "unwatched":

-removing(+deleting) item in kodi db:
works: watchdog service triggers kodi-db clean, trakt-plugin removes item from trakt collection after clean.

-removing item in trakt doesn't work:
on sync item is found in kodi db and added again to trakt collection.
I'd like kodi to remove the item and delete files.
(File has to be deleted or on next db scan it is added again)

The only solution I can think of is if "actions" are timestamped:
- load trakt-db
- compare trakt-change-timestamp with kodi-change-timestamp for each item
- transfer newer status to other db

ok, looked into trakt api and kodi db:
trakt has some timestamps (last_activities) but not for specific items and kodi has no "last-changed" timestamps at all.
I guess there is just no way to fully sync kodi and trakt.

I have one final idea:
- on kodi startup copy complete trakt-db to kodi-db (and delete files of removed items)
- while running copy all changes in kodi-db to trakt
(and context menus "clone trakt to kodi" and "clone kodi to trakt")
Trakt keeps syncing on my OpenELEC 6.0 Raspberry Pi 2 for almost 30 minutes after every startup (even if there's nothing to sync after the last time). While it's syncing the Pi is frozen, I can't scroll through menus etc. Didn't experienced this on OpenELEC 5.0.8. Any thoughts?