Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
same here, been meaning to try this out for some time, this looks like the time!
Thanks billyad2000. This keeps on getting better and better.
billyad; fyi, local tvshow fanart should be named fanart.jpg and stored in the root of the tvshows folder in order to be picked up automagically by xbmc
Hi billyad, could you add an option to just scrape for fanarts without having to rescrape for new nfos again? Thanks a lot.
Small update is now available.

TV Show Fanart now saved as fanart.jpg, fanart2.jpg for XBMC compatibility.

Option added Menu/Movie/Scan all movies for fanart.
Using the latest 1.482 built. When I select "Enable Fanart for Movies" and click "Save changes and exit", my computer crashes. Tried several times, but doesnt help. Anybody is facing the same issue? Any thoughts?
Tried this out last night. Isn't perfect, but it got the job done. A few wrong lookups that I had to go back and fix, but most were due to my erratic naming of files. I was never able to actually browse and edit my collection after adding my movie folder. It just kept tring to re-scrape some of the things that it never found and would just lock up on me. And I did get some type of "error exceptions", don't remember exactly what it said, i just hit continue... Of course this was just an hour or so of messing around, I'll get some more time to use this over the weekend hopefully, right after I check out this mediasteam hype....
steve1977 Wrote:Using the latest 1.482 built. When I select "Enable Fanart for Movies" and click "Save changes and exit", my computer crashes. Tried several times, but doesnt help. Anybody is facing the same issue? Any thoughts?

Same problem here. It crashes everytime I hit save. It doesn't matter what I've changed. This also happens on 1.221. I happened to have it saved on my computer, just had never tried it out I think. I got it partially working by editing the config.xml, but once it started scanning the first movie it ended hanging after getting the imdb id. It didn't make the nfo file at all.Sad Guess I'll just have to try it again some other time. I'm on Vista Ultimate SP1 with .NET versions:
1.1.4322.2407 Version 1.1 Post-SP1 with KB928366 Apr 2007
I doubt that helps at all but I couldn't find any type of log.
Had a chance to test the tv show support today. Everything seemed to work, but it would be nice if everything was automated a bit better. It was extremely time consuming to add all tv show folders per hand because there was no way to chose multiple folders at once and the Add Tv Folder button doesn't remember where it was set to last, so I had to click through the directory listing each time.
Hm, I can confirm the crash the above posters reported. And also I now get a crash on application startup:

http://pastebin.com/m2246138c
is there any plan to make adding tv shows as easy as adding movies? i have over 100 tv shows on my server, and adding every show will be tedious. i'm hoping to be able to just add my "tv shows" directory and have it scan all the shows automatically.

also, any option for having "season" instead of "series". here, in the US, everything is done with seasons. but that's a pretty minor thing.
one issue i came across, when the role field has quotes it in, it shows up as "
ok, other errors. (i really should wait to post until i play with it more).

this is how the nfo's are looking for episodes:

Quote:<episodedetails>
<title>Launch Party</title>
<season>4</season>
<episode>3</episode>
<plot>In this hour long special, its the launch of the new Dunder Mifflin Infinity website and Michael is anticipating going to the launch party in NYC. At the Scranton branch, Angela and the Party Planning Committee plan a satellite party. Meanwhile, Dwight competes against the website to be top seller of paper in a day.</plot>
<thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/73244-337899.jpg</thumb>
<watched>false</watched>
<credits> <Writer>Jennifer Celotta</Writer></credits>
<director> <Director>Ken Whittingham</Director></director>
<aired>2007-10-11</aired>
<actor>
<name> <GuestStars>John Ingle</name>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Craig Robinson</GuestStars></name>
</actor>
</episodedetails>

notice the <Director> and </Director> in the <director> tag.
also, the <Writer> in the credits tag.
and the <GuestStars> </GuestStars> in with the actors.

btw, i'm getting everything from thetvdb (since i contribute quite a bit over there).

i also can't get episodes to show up for certain shows. it mainly happens when there aren't episode thumbnails saved (even though they're available on the website).
I am getting the same errors as flipped cracker.. Alias and Anna Pihl are amongst the shows that fails for me..
billyad2000 Wrote:Small update is now available.

TV Show Fanart now saved as fanart.jpg, fanart2.jpg for XBMC compatibility.

Option added Menu/Movie/Scan all movies for fanart.

hey billyad2000,

Cool feature
I got a chuckle Rofl out of the scan complete message "...scanart" way to make it your own
Any chance that you may let the users see/choose the fanart art from Media Companion gui?

BTW still some challenges with moview with local trailers - this may be an XBMC problem, but recently I did a clean rescan of all movies and found out that although Media Companion recognizes that a local trailer exists in the folder, 9/10 XBMC won't see the trailer if there is an nfo file for that movie (created by Media Companion)
Whereas XBMC sees other 'addons' like fanart and tbn files whether there is an nfo file or not.