Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey all.

first time poster so i apologize if im in the wrong section.

I'm trying to use Media Companion to scrape info for 'Terminator: TSCC' but i have no idea on how to properly name the files to do so.

I've tried

Terminator - TSCC
TSCC
The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Terminator.TSCC
The.Sarah.Connor.Chronicles

and i cannot get that show to scrape.

Any help would be appriciated.

and again, sorry if in wrong area.
rottenstock Wrote:hey all.

first time poster so i apologize if im in the wrong section.

I'm trying to use Media Companion to scrape info for 'Terminator: TSCC' but i have no idea on how to properly name the files to do so.

I've tried

Terminator - TSCC
TSCC
The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Terminator.TSCC
The.Sarah.Connor.Chronicles

and i cannot get that show to scrape.

Any help would be appriciated.

and again, sorry if in wrong area.

Other then trying to manually place a nfo in there, scrape it, then edit what's needed have you tried:
Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles or just
Terminator and see if you get any hits

Scraper pulls the data from http://www.thetvdb.com/

Kilack Wrote:Hi Billy,

I have some vobsubs that are just over 10 megs and are being picked up.
Any chance of the size being increased? or configurable?

cheers

Yeah the ones I had trouble with were vobsub also at about 10meg
I have scraped the info. It was able to grab the banner and the overall show info, but as far as the episode info, it's not pulling anything. that's the isuse im running into.

It's been doing fine with futurama and heroes and smallville, just not tscc, so im stuck.
Try it directly to find it on http://www.thetvdb.com/
and you will see if it is in the database of tvdb.
rottenstock Wrote:I have scraped the info. It was able to grab the banner and the overall show info, but as far as the episode info, it's not pulling anything. that's the isuse im running into.

It's been doing fine with futurama and heroes and smallville, just not tscc, so im stuck.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80344&lid=15

Upon inspection of the site there are many different versions to choose from. All of the English version has show synopsis. Italian version is named the same as the English, but does not have episode synopsis. Only thing I could think of is you choose the Italian version on initial scraping. Re-scrape and choose the English version and see if that helps.
still not having any luck Sad kinda makes me sad.
Push on editor button and fill in TVDB ID.
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80344&lid=15

You can see the TVDB ID in the URL here above.

Did a little test with a dummy file.

Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles / Season01 / Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles S01E01.avi

Media companion did scraped it perfect.

You didn't forget to push on "Media search"?
nah, didnt forget the media search button. and the idea is correct. so i guess on that particular seires im SoL
rottenstock Wrote:still not having any luck Sad kinda makes me sad.

Check that you are not using DVD order in the preferences, it looks like this series is only available with the default (aired) order

Note - from the next version you will be able to select the order and language for each seperate tv show.
Is there anyway to download trailers for all movies instead of going through and clicking each one?

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind on this.. I see it populates it via streaming.. I seen the download button and thought that's what I had to do to get the trailer..
Don't know what the heck is going on.. Movies work great but when I add my root TV folder (all folders get added correctly), I hit "save changes and exit" and then "TV" > "Scan for new Shows" and it doesn't add any... I go back into my preferences and see that the root folder / all the shows are not there?
One more question and sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to XBMC...

I've run your program and got all my movies in it.. I then went into XMBC and added my video movie library. The import went quickly thanks to your program having done all the work getting the nfo's, tbn's, etc...

However, when I'm in library mode all of my multi file movie (ie: MovieTitle CD1.avi, MovieTitle CD2.avi) show up as two movies instead of one and they don't have cover art or fanart..

I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this!

Thanks
tbird2340 Wrote:One more question and sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to XBMC...

I've run your program and got all my movies in it.. I then went into XBMC and added my video movie library. The import went quickly thanks to your program having done all the work getting the nfo's, tbn's, etc...

However, when I'm in library mode all of my multi file movie (ie: MovieTitle CD1.avi, MovieTitle CD2.avi) show up as two movies instead of one and they don't have cover art or fanart..

I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this!

Thanks

Enable stacking in XBMC
billyad2000 Wrote:Enable stacking in XBMC

Thanks for the reply...

Thanks.. I had that setting enabled but my advancedsettings.xml file didn't have the needed info..

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Thank you, ! I just found this great program today...and I have a question.
I want to re-scan a HD directoy from scratch, and I always get the same data, is there a way to start from scratch as if I was running the program for the first time.?

thank you

Steak