Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the manual -

Defaults for two-part TV Show Episode will match

foo.s01e01-02.*
foo_[s01]_[e01-02]_*
foo.1x01.1x02.*

Same with three- or four-part TV Show Episode

foo.s01e01-02-03-04.*
foo_[s01]_[e01-02-03-04]_*
foo.1x01.1x02.1x03.1x04.*

I personally use -

Samurai Girl - S01E01-02 - The Book of the Sword.mkv
Is it possible to show "folder names" in the listing without the fanart being renamed as the folder? I still want the fanart named as the img/iso file.
XBMC-DB - separate nfo files .
I also like to try this application but can't get it to work.

First it won't execute., so I saved it. When I execute the saved .exe file I'll get an error . ( Config error file, some settings might not have been loaded). Push on ok and XBMC-DB - separate nfo files will open but can't load an .xml file, also here I get a error that the xml file ain't valid.
Need some help.
Quick question and if it has been asked before I am sorry (not reading 80+ pages to get an answer).

How do I get season box sets to work? For example, I have seasons 1& 2 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on dvd and it is 3 discs. I tried its.always.sunny.in.philadelphia.season.1.disc1.vob but Media Companion is not seeing the the discs. All I see in XBMC is the TV show with no episodes or parts.
I don't see any mention of it in the thread, but are there any plans to add Music Video nfo support?
Hi,

First of all billyad2000 thanks again for the awesome app. Everything has been working great until recently when Media Companion wouldn't let me add any more movies. I hit the scan folders for new movies etc. button and the scraper output dialog box would come up just about straight away with this:

Starting Folder Scan

2 New Movies Found

Searching IMDB For Jackie Brown.DVDRip.cd1
IMDB ID found :- tt0119396

and then would do nothing and still not add the movies. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Just a reminder to people looking for information or help, Media Companion has it's own forum located at
http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/

You can find help at this forum aswell as the most upto date release.

nugentgl Wrote:Quick question and if it has been asked before I am sorry (not reading 80+ pages to get an answer).

How do I get season box sets to work? For example, I have seasons 1& 2 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on dvd and it is 3 discs. I tried its.always.sunny.in.philadelphia.season.1.disc1.vob but Media Companion is not seeing the the discs. All I see in XBMC is the TV show with no episodes or parts.
Support for multi-episode nfo files has only just been added to XBMC, I am currently working on adding this function to Media Companion.

Urme Wrote:Is it possible to show "folder names" in the listing without the fanart being renamed as the folder? I still want the fanart named as the img/iso file.
I've just tested this and it works fine in the current version (2.008)
Get it from the Announcements forum at the link above.

Waffa Wrote:XBMC-DB - separate nfo files .
I also like to try this application but can't get it to work.

First it won't execute., so I saved it. When I execute the saved .exe file I'll get an error . ( Config error file, some settings might not have been loaded). Push on ok and XBMC-DB - separate nfo files will open but can't load an .xml file, also here I get a error that the xml file ain't valid.
Need some help.
The nfo extract program needs the exported videodb.xml file from XBMC, is that what you are using?

timdog82001 Wrote:I don't see any mention of it in the thread, but are there any plans to add Music Video nfo support?
Eventually

crash123 Wrote:Hi,

First of all billyad2000 thanks again for the awesome app. Everything has been working great until recently when Media Companion wouldn't let me add any more movies. I hit the scan folders for new movies etc. button and the scraper output dialog box would come up just about straight away with this:

Starting Folder Scan

2 New Movies Found

Searching IMDB For Jackie Brown.DVDRip.cd1
IMDB ID found :- tt0119396

and then would do nothing and still not add the movies. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Are you using the latest release (2.008). I've just tried this and it scrapes properly.
billyad2000 Wrote:Are you using the latest release (2.008). I've just tried this and it scrapes properly.

Hi yea i am using 2.008 and yea up until today it's worked fine.

Edit: I just tried it again and it worked. I dunno what it was but thanks for your help anyway.
crash123 Wrote:Hi yea i am using 2.008 and yea up until today it's worked fine.

Edit: I just tried it again and it worked. I dunno what it was but thanks for your help anyway.

Apparently IMDB had some been having some downtime, its likely that thats been the issue.
billyad2000 Wrote:The nfo extract program needs the exported videodb.xml file from XBMC, is that what you are using?

Yes, but I'm using the exported musicdb.xml.
The .xml file is ok, but The nfo extract program says it not valid.

(Config error file, some settings might not have been loaded).
The nfo extract program won't execute properly.

I realy like to use it to create .tbn and .nfo files for my music folders.

BTW Media companion rocks.
Just a question:

I just spent a few hours going through and deleting all the multiple .nfo's generated by my having multipart videos.

The question is...if I re-scan for new movies now, is it going to find all those half-files and re-create new .nfo files for the movies I missed?

All I did was find the movies I had that were missing .nfo files, and manually added those files. Those are the only movies I want added to the list...how do I do this w/o creating a buttload of extra .nfo's I have to delete again?
Ok I just used XBMC Companion to get thumbs, nfo, and fanart for all of my movies?

I have all of my movies as AVI in one folder along all of the other files listed above.

How do I use these in XBMC?

I have xbmc for windows and added a source. Told it that the source was movies and not to do a scan, since i already have the information.

I then load up Movies from my Mediastream skin and nothing is in there?

What is the deal?
you still have to scan the movies into the library.
Thanks...that was idiotic. Anyways...i was wondering if i have the "movie-fanart.jpg" "movie.tbn" and "movie.nfo" in the same location as the movie file will that be used instead of xbmc's scraped information?

I have used this program to get thumbs and fanart so far and there are only a few missing. I plan on uploading these when possible. Next will be my genres....

Will the genres displayed in xbmc be limited to what i have in my collection? Or Is there any univeral genre groupings?