Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Billy, I tried your latest version 2.107 but the compressed movies are ignored.

For example(note I keep al my movies in folders) :

Assume I have one directory with a potter.info with the imdb url in it, and if I make a dummy "potter.avi" the imdb url in the info files gets scraped.fine.

However If I have my potter movie in a compressed .rar .i.e. potter.rar (and hence no potter.avi) and I still have my potter.info in the same directory which contains the imdb url the program ignors my potter.rar movie and says there are no movies. The correct handeling should be to scrape the movie based on the .info file and associate the naming to the file name of the .rar.

I have alot of rarred movies since xbmc plays these natively. In the past the rarred movies could be scrapped. Any change of getting this functionality back?

keep up the fantastic work!
Hey there, very useful app. Some comments though; In your readme you state that you're not willing to Open Source it. I can resepct that, but there would be some big advantages to doing so. First, while the app is very useful, the interface is just dog ugly. There are a lot of interaction issues as well and it just needs a ton of help. Second, dont bother to keep .NET apps closed source if you're not going to obfuscate them. I fired up Reflector and have been browsing the source for this app for a little while now. (note: Reflector is not a decomipiler or anything illegal - in layterms; .NET ships with ability to examine code within assemblies)

I would really like to see this go open source so that some much needed UI improvements could be made. Please consider this seriously.

Thanks again for the time spent on the project.
Working great with movies, but I have a few issues with the TV show scraper. It gets the show information correct but it doesn't scrape any season or episode information.
File structure: TV >"show title">"Season X>1x01 - "title".avi

There seems to be a rather impractical way of handling fanart, where you must download all of them, to be able to change it. Why isn't this handled like in the movie section?.

It also doesn't seem like there isn't anyway to separate between poster and banner.

It might just be me missing some obvious settings. Feel free to point them out if I have. Huh
Try - TV >"show title">"Season X>01x01 - "title".avi
Hi, I have a bunch of F1 and MotoGP races that don't get scraped.
TVDB has the Season listed as the year '2008', so I've renamed my files S2008E01.avi, S2008E02.avi, etc but they don't get picked up.
Hitcher Wrote:Try - TV >"show title">"Season X>01x01 - "title".avi

My bad. Didn't know I had to rescrape for episodes after I had added shows. Worked fine now.
LaTropa64 Wrote:One thing I just noticed is it's no longer pulling in all the MPAA information on ratings. For example, I just scanned Let The Right One In http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/ and instead of grabbing "Rated R for some bloody violence including disturbing images, brief nudity and language" like it use to, it just put in "R".

Here's how I have the certificate priorities set:

I'm using 2.107

Fixed from version 2.111
proctor Wrote:Hi, I have a bunch of F1 and MotoGP races that don't get scraped.
TVDB has the Season listed as the year '2008', so I've renamed my files S2008E01.avi, S2008E02.avi, etc but they don't get picked up.

You will need to create a custom regex for that one.
Version 2.111

Just a couple of things.

I've changed the watched tag to <playcount>, If there is no tag or set at 0 then it is assumed that the movie is unwatched, a value of 1 indicates that the movie has been watched, thanks to ChoccyHobNob for setting me straight.

An error stopping the MPAA tag from being scraped has been fixed

For german users "," is replaced with "." in the movie rating

Download Version 2.111
billyad2000 Wrote:You will need to create a custom regex for that one.

I put this in my regex.xml

<regex>s([0-9]+)e([0-9][0-9])</regex>

But no luck. Do you know what I'm missing?
In regards to the renaming of files to be compliant with XBMC stacking:
In what version was this changed for xbox?
Also, should movie.tbn and movie cd1.tbn both work?
billyad2000 Wrote:Version 2.111

Just a couple of things.

I've changed the watched tag to <playcount>, If there is no tag or set at 0 then it is assumed that the movie is unwatched, a value of 1 indicates that the movie has been watched, thanks to ChoccyHobNob for setting me straight.

The watched "tag" now works. If I set a movie to 'watched' in MC, then scan it in to XBMC, it shows there as 'watched' aslo. Still one bug though. I have some movie nfo's that were exported from XBMC's library that have a play count higher than 1. They show as 'unwatched' in MC. I assume this is because some thing is set to '=1' rather than '>0'.

Also, would it be possible to add a hotkey for the 'watched' button. In a previous post I suggested a separate window with checkboxes next to each movie to speed the marking of mass movies, but maybe the easier, and just as useful, addition would be a hotkey. Then a user could quickly navigate the main list with the up/down arrow and hit the 'watched' hotkey whenever they came across a movie they wanted to mark or unmark.
joebrady Wrote:In regards to the renaming of files to be compliant with XBMC stacking:
In what version was this changed for xbox?
Also, should movie.tbn and movie cd1.tbn both work?

I would have expected that to be the case, I got the following information about a month ago.
harryzimm Wrote:Hi billy
Thanks for a brilliant program. Just one problem with the new version.
If you have a two part movie, the tbn file is still saved as for example "The Matrix a.tbn". Unfortunatly using xbmc rev 16609, xbmc does not find "The Matrix a.tbn" Saving the tbn as the stacked name like the fanart now does would solve the problem. This will effect people not using folder names as xbmc finds the folder.jpeg fine.

cheers.

As you can see, only stacked posters are found since build 16609, it's not the way I would have it since it breaks compatability for people using XBMC version 8.10 stable release, but it is the way it is.
RockDawg Wrote:would it be possible to add a hotkey for the 'watched' button.

Good idea, i'll add it later today

RockDawg Wrote:The watched "tag" now works. If I set a movie to 'watched' in MC, then scan it in to XBMC, it shows there as 'watched' aslo. Still one bug though. I have some movie nfo's that were exported from XBMC's library that have a play count higher than 1. They show as 'unwatched' in MC. I assume this is because some thing is set to '=1' rather than '>0'.

I'll also fix this today
proctor Wrote:I put this in my regex.xml

<regex>s([0-9]+)e([0-9][0-9])</regex>

But no luck. Do you know what I'm missing?

That regex is fine.

I remembered that when validating the TV Show regex result that I limited the series no and episode no to <99, i'll fix this today.