Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
seansed Wrote:I'm curious to try out this program but my issue is that all my video files are stored on the X-Box and I would prefer not to have to copy all the files to my computer to use this program then paste them back into the X-Box. Is there a way that it will allow me to connect into the X-Box (via FTP or whatever) and select my files then? Or will I have to copy all my files (500GB worth) to my computer first?

Netdrive will map your Xbox HDD.
billyad2000 Wrote:I am working on TV shows now, i would expect about a month in total until all the work is completed, with several releases in between for testing new code.

Here is a list of things that I plan to implement/change over the coming weeks :-

Remove adding tv shows from the preferences menu, it doesn't belong there
Allow TV Show Folders to be listed as "Foldername" if tvshow.nfo does not exist or is invalid
Allow episode.nfo files for folders missing tvshow.nfo to be listed
Create a new form that allows TV Shows to be added or edited
Allow each TV Show to have its own settings with regards to "Sort Order" (DVD or Default) and "Language"
Display whether a TV Show is available in any listed language.

Extend the dont download actor thumbs when browsing option to include TV Shows, since actor thumbs are downloaded realtime it can slow the TV Show browsing down significantly.

Add Watched Toggle
Add rating to shows
Add certificate to shows
Add quicksave option to TV Show and episodes

Add new browser for posters/banners and fanart
Add mediainfo support for tvshows
Add Rar and DVD folder support for tv shows

Rebuilding the episode array is slow, particularly when the user has a large ammount of shows, often this is unneccesary such as when new episodes are added the code will be optimized so that this rebuild should only be required on startup.

If anyone feels I have missed anything then please feel free to leave a comment.

Once the above has been finnished I plan on implementing support for storing actor thumbs locally, this will not only speed up browsing, but stop XBMC needing to access the internet anything at all when scraping nfo files.

Then is when I plan on looking at adding support for music albums.

Thank you so much for putting all this into one post, again I am sorry if I missed this previously. I am very excited to see the changes, thank you for your all of your work!

Edit:
One thing was thinking about this morning and saw a request for on your forums was the ability to automate a scan with MC either via command line options or in the program itself I don't really mind if I had to do a very small amount of leg work in creating the job on my local PC.
Question: Does Media Companion support command line functions?

Example: I run a program called TVrename. With the program I can create a batch file to run the following command line.

tvrename.exe /renamingcheck /renamingdo /missingcheck /fnocheck /fnodo /quit

This will look in my DL folder for new tv episodes, rename them as per my settings and then move the file to the correct folder. All without the program actually opening up on the screen. (if I add /hide)

I'd like to be able to have Media Companion automatically run after these functions have been performed to scrape the new shows that have been added.
Hi

I love MC. Couldn't live without..

I sniffed the behaviour of the file access of MC and I have a suggestion to speed things up:

Let the user select (Options) if he wants to include "-trailer" files or not.

I noticed that MC searches for all sorts of media files (.avi .divx .xvid .mov .mkv etc) containing "-trailer" as a suffix, which it apparently won't find 90% of the time.

My stupid NAS is the bottleneck of my network, I know, and its Samba server is kinda old.
But still, when I select a movie in MC, it takes 0.2 seconds to search and load the fanart, 0.1 sec to search and load the .nfo, 3.7 sec to search for a non-existing -trailer.* file and 0.1 seconds to search and load the .tbn .

That's 3.7 seconds too long...

You could also include a selectable filetype list for general file searching. Add a few checkboxes within the Options Dialog containing the different media file extensions.
Myself, I only use .avi and .mkv files in my folders. So I'm not interested in MC browsing for all the other formats.

Again, thanks for your work.

Cheers
Bunts

Edit:
I just tried adding dummy "-trailer.avi" files to my folder: it took only 0.5 sec to display the data in MC.
Small issue. With new versions when I can my library it will also scan my subs that are in rars.

For example lets say I have the movie 300 in a folder.

z://movies/300

I have the subs in a sub folder

z://movies/300/subs/300-dm.rar or something

Possible to make an option to turn of rar scanning?
krypt2nite Wrote:Small issue. With new versions when I can my library it will also scan my subs that are in rars.

For example lets say I have the movie 300 in a folder.

z://movies/300

I have the subs in a sub folder

z://movies/300/subs/300-dm.rar or something

Possible to make an option to turn of rar scanning?

Could you clarify this, the intended behaviour of the scraper is to ignore rar files that are smaller than 8mb, how big is the 300-dm.rar file?
billyad2000 Wrote:Could you clarify this, the intended behaviour of the scraper is to ignore rar files that are smaller than 8mb, how big is the 300-dm.rar file?

Ok billy that makes sense now. It only does it on 8 rar files, and I checked file sizes and they are about 8-10mb. Don't worry about changing your program, I will just unrar the rars. It's only 8 of em. Thanks for the heads up.
Hey Billy. I'm trying to find a link to download the software, can you please provide it? Your original post's link doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
flexnix Wrote:Hey Billy. I'm trying to find a link to download the software, can you please provide it? Your original post's link doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

billyad2000 Wrote:Bugfix - Some trailers were not recognised by media companion

Hi billyad, thanks very much for the fix above.
Just a note around video containers supported.

XBMC supports FLV and SWF (Adobe/Macromedia Flash Video) containers.
http://xbmc.org/about/features/
Media Companion appears to support these formats for trailers however tv episodes don't appear to be scanned?

ie; tvshow-s01e01.flv
is not captured during a Media Search in Media Companion 2.141, not sure if this is a new bug or just not a capability of MC.
It seems that even if movieposterdb.org has a high res poster the program is only finding small ones (300x444 ish). For example, 21 Grams has a large resolution poster (http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/48b6b66c) but the only options available in Media Companion are small 300px ones.

Is this intentional or a bug? Can you make it so we can choose the large posters? Or even better, so we could make it default to the biggest poster there is?
I'd like to use a black for my background color but can't since the text is blank. Is it possible to change the text color to white or yellow?
Thanks!
midgetspy Wrote:It seems that even if movieposterdb.org has a high res poster the program is only finding small ones (300x444 ish). For example, 21 Grams has a large resolution poster (http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/48b6b66c) but the only options available in Media Companion are small 300px ones.

Is this intentional or a bug? Can you make it so we can choose the large posters? Or even better, so we could make it default to the biggest poster there is?

Do you have an account with movieposterdb.com? It is a pay site and not possible for MC to scrape the large images.
krypt2nite Wrote:Do you have an account with movieposterdb.com? It is a pay site and not possible for MC to scrape the large images.

Oh I didn't realize it was a pay site, that makes sense.
billyad2000 Wrote:Could you clarify this, the intended behaviour of the scraper is to ignore rar files that are smaller than 8mb, how big is the 300-dm.rar file?

Hi Billy,

I have some vobsubs that are just over 10 megs and are being picked up.
Any chance of the size being increased? or configurable?

cheers