Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
iv found with the last 2 versions when i have the movie date wrong and no info is found i go and manualy find the movie

ie - The Spirit (2009)
should be (2008)
when i select the correct movie, the fanart is saved as "fanart.jpg" rather than "The Spirit (2009)-fanart"

then selecting a fanart manually for "The Spirit (2008).avi it still get saved as "fanart.jpg" rather that "The Spirit (2008)-fanart.jpg"

and no i havent got that option selected in the prefrences.

it only seems to happen when i select the movie manually because the date is wrong in the filename.

when i ajust the filenames of the avi, nfo & tbn file and rescrape fanart manually it makes no difference. its still saving it as fanart.jpg
Something still screwed mate.

On 2.229 I added 1 new movie into the root folder, in this case it was Yes Man. Did a Media Serach and the output log came back with "1 new movie found" but didn't actually scrape it or even add the Movie unscraped. Nothing.

Just used the 2.233 hoping it will fix the problem but now when I scan it says "No new movies found".

Went back to 2.085 which uses the old method of building the DB and it found Yes Man first time and Auto scraped with no problems.
Something else majorly broke.

I've had this before in another version, 1.79 or 1.81, something like that. It's that XBMC will not pick up the NFO files that 2.233 creates. I don't know if there is something in the format or the file structure itself but it will not pick up shows.

For example, I just added 8 shows from the last week. MC picked them up and created the NFO's as usual but XBMC would not find those shows with Update library or Scan for new content.

I deleted the NFO's and went back to 2.085, rescanned and recreated the NFO's did a Scan for New content and all is fine.

Something defo wrong there mate.
tv episode scans seem to getting slower and slower with every release
rudeboyx Wrote:tv episode scans seem to getting slower and slower with every release

This is probably due to the issues theTVdb has been having on their end.
Im not able to grab any fanarts latly.
The logs says just no fanrts found for this title, but the sites have lots of them :/
i've been using boxee for a while and switched back to xbmc because of aeon.

I used media comapanion to scrape my files. But thumbs and fanart wont show in library mode.
Is you library set up properly? If media companion is showing them and your library isn't, then you need to rebuilt your library in xbmc. If you are running it on Vista then make sure you aren't missing two dll files (a common issue for vista users). A search of the xbmc for windows forum will explain more.
The fanart name system isn't working correctly. When I set it to save as the same file name as the movie and nfo file. It just saves it as fanart.jpg
HexusOdy Wrote:Something else majorly broke.

I've had this before in another version, 1.79 or 1.81, something like that. It's that XBMC will not pick up the NFO files that 2.233 creates. I don't know if there is something in the format or the file structure itself but it will not pick up shows.

For example, I just added 8 shows from the last week. MC picked them up and created the NFO's as usual but XBMC would not find those shows with Update library or Scan for new content.

I deleted the NFO's and went back to 2.085, rescanned and recreated the NFO's did a Scan for New content and all is fine.

Something defo wrong there mate.

I can't see why this would be the case, it may be an XBMC issue.

Can someone else comfirm this issue, and if so, identify what is different about the current nfo files that blocks the import.
tvieson Wrote:The fanart name system isn't working correctly. When I set it to save as the same file name as the movie and nfo file. It just saves it as fanart.jpg

I've fixed this for the next version.
jeey Wrote:Im not able to grab any fanarts latly.
The logs says just no fanrts found for this title, but the sites have lots of them :/

Could you give me an example of a movie where this happens.
rudeboyx Wrote:tv episode scans seem to getting slower and slower with every release

The episode scraper has not actually changed since I first wrote it, save to add ratings and playcount. As has been said, it could be TVDB that is the issue.

In addition, if you are getting actors from IMDB and have set to download actor thumbs then if an actor image does not exist then it is downloaded, initially this will slow things down considerably, but as you download more thumbnails then it will start to speed back up again since it will not be downloading as many.
HexusOdy Wrote:Something still screwed mate.

On 2.229 I added 1 new movie into the root folder, in this case it was Yes Man. Did a Media Serach and the output log came back with "1 new movie found" but didn't actually scrape it or even add the Movie unscraped. Nothing.

Just used the 2.233 hoping it will fix the problem but now when I scan it says "No new movies found".

Went back to 2.085 which uses the old method of building the DB and it found Yes Man first time and Auto scraped with no problems.

I checked this and it worked fine. Any issues with the cache can be fixed by using the tools option - 'rebuild TV/Movie Database' This forces the arrays to be reloaded as they were in earlier versions.

I checked the movie 'Yes Man' and it scrapes without issue.
Hello, the source code available this one?

The program is marvellous and I was looking for something similar.

Thank you very much, a greeting.