Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
on my network share my videos are stored in folders. I use the folder name to lookup the correct movie info.In version 1.707 now see the correct movie names again (and not the .nfo) for most files.

However some of my folders have a sub directory:

folder= twelve monkeys
subfolder =VIDEO_TS
in this subfolder the .nfo is located. In the list pane I do not see the movie name "twelve monkeys" but only Video_TS. If I select it I see the correct movie information. However if I select the next "video_TS" the program will remain to show the movie information of the first "video_Ts".

great program! thanks for all your time and efforts!
angelus00 Wrote:cannot see anything on the gui on

http://www.easy2upload.net/images/np...1v58xic8oz.jpg

thankz for help

Not at all sure what you are asking -

You need to use the add folders that contain either movies or tv shows to do anything.

If you are referring to the color-scheme I have to agree it's pretty awful then change it.

If you are referring to the Window resolution being too big for your screen then double click the top bar - it should resize the form to fit your screen

In addition to the above, you are using an old version of the program.

Get Version 1.707. Most problems seem to be resolved now.

I'm sorry if I haven't answered your question, but your question is very vague.

Actually - i've just thought of something. Are you talking about the size of the preferences window. I've just lowered my resolution to 800*600 and got a very similar screen. The program is best viewed on resolutions of 1024*768 however there is no scrollbars on the preferences screen at this resolution - I'll fix it soon.
terminalx Wrote:hi
on my network share my videos are stored in folders. I use the folder name to lookup the correct movie info.In version 1.707 now see the correct movie names again (and not the .nfo) for most files.

However some of my folders have a sub directory:

folder= twelve monkeys
subfolder =VIDEO_TS
in this subfolder the .nfo is located. In the list pane I do not see the movie name "twelve monkeys" but only Video_TS. If I select it I see the correct movie information. However if I select the next "video_TS" the program will remain to show the movie information of the first "video_Ts".

great program! thanks for all your time and efforts!

How are you creating nfo files for DVD Folders. I have the coding written but disabled at the moment simply because no-one seems to know what format DVD Folder nfo's are saved.

I was going to use VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS.tbn etc but until someone confirms that this is correct then i'm holding fire.

As for using folder names to populate the combobox - I can only do this for the format subfolder/movie.avi where subfolder name would be used. I should be able to fix the problem of each VIDEO_TS showing the same movie, however you would still only have a long list of VIDEO_TS.

btw
When I eventually do get the information I need to enable DVD Folders then if folder contains VIDEO_TS.nfo and the folder name is VIDEO_TS then the next folder up would be used for the title.
eg the path 12 Monkeys\VIDEO_TS\dvd files would return 12 Monkeys as the movie name

while

12 Monkeys\dvd files would also return 12 Monkeys as the movie name
billyad2000 Wrote:If you are referring to the color-scheme I have to agree it's pretty awful then change it.

Rofl

+1 Wink
Been messing around with this a bit more.. Not sure If I'm the only one with this problem, but the only info Xbmc is getting from my tvshow.nfo is the rating and the plot. Cast is blank, genre is N/A, and season thumbs won't show..

It's all there in the nfo file and Companion shows all the info and actor thumbs.. Is it working for everyone else? Before I start messing around with the nfo file any further..

All the episode nfo's and tbn's display just fine..
Wow, what a great program! I've been using media companion for a little bit now, but was using v1.2 something. Just updated to the latest and greatest today and I am very impressed! Love the addition of TV Shows... I could never get them to scrape properly on their own. The only slight issue I've come across is that when I add a new TV Show folder, then scan for episodes... they don't show up. The show is listed, but there is nothing other than the general overview of the series. If I exit the program and restart, all the episode info is there. Not a huge issue at all, but I thought I would mention it.

Any thought of adding Music somewhere down the road?
This is the Best way to orginize your Movies for XBMC!

All I can say thank you!
billyad2000 Wrote:How are you creating nfo files for DVD Folders. I have the coding written but disabled at the moment simply because no-one seems to know what format DVD Folder nfo's are saved.

I was going to use VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS.tbn etc but until someone confirms that this is correct then i'm holding fire.

Yes. That is what you need:VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS.tbn. When using folders.jpg this then needs to be stored directly under the main path so if the path is 12 Monkeys\VIDEO_TS\dvd files the folder.jpg needs to stored as 12 Monkeys\folder.jpg (and not under 12 Monkeys\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg.

The fanart can go in path 12 Monkeys\VIDEO_TS\fanart.jpg as far as I know.

billyad2000 Wrote:I should be able to fix the problem of each VIDEO_TS showing the same movie, however you would still only have a long list of VIDEO_TS.
Great, this fixs would make things "workable" but if I understand you correctly, you can solve only showing VIDEO_TS names in the combobox when you enable DVD Folders? (see below)

billyad2000 Wrote:btw
I need to enable DVD Folders then if folder contains VIDEO_TS.nfo and the folder name is VIDEO_TS then the next folder up would be used for the title.
eg the path 12 Monkeys\VIDEO_TS\dvd files would return 12 Monkeys as the movie name

while

12 Monkeys\dvd files would also return 12 Monkeys as the movie name

Super, looking forward to this. This would solve everything.

BTW.
when I click "open folder". The correct folder is not opend. It opens some root folder on my harddisk but not the correct folder (network share) containing the movie.

The preference Icon and IMDB icon when hovering over it do not show the correct text, but simply "toolstrip button'

When I go into preferences and exit again, it seems the program needs to build the combobox listing the movie names all over again which takes (along) time. This behavior is not there when I choose "edit" and exit. In both cases a new window is opened but the handeling upon exit seems different. Is it possible to tweak this and only "rebuild" the combobox movie listing when required?

Keep up the great work,it is very much appriciated.
Tension113 Wrote:Been messing around with this a bit more.. Not sure If I'm the only one with this problem, but the only info Xbmc is getting from my tvshow.nfo is the rating and the plot. Cast is blank, genre is N/A, and season thumbs won't show..

I noticed this also.... a bug?

Manually chcking some nfo files i found some odditys.

Code:
<thumb><thumbs><thumb><thumb></thumbs></thumb>

I removed the actual link, but shouldn't the third from last have a forward slash? I think this would explain the missing details... everything after the broken tag can't be read?

I've also noticed the </plot> tag to be missing on a few occasions.
And twice i've found the cast info to be from the previous series i'd scanned.
Is there meant to be a runtime tag also?

Great stuff though!

Shorty
it'd be nice if there was an option to not display the warning before closing the program or the edit screen. maybe having a cancel button on the edit screen would be better so people know the changes aren't being saved.
Is there a quick and safe way to remove all the instances of the word "votes" from the movie nfo's?
I'm a little worried that if I delete all of them and preform a rescan all my custom fanart/posters will be lost.
ShortySco Wrote:I noticed this also.... a bug?

Manually chcking some nfo files i found some odditys.

Code:
<thumb><thumbs><thumb><thumb></thumbs></thumb>

I removed the actual link, but shouldn't the third from last have a forward slash? I think this would explain the missing details... everything after the broken tag can't be read?

I guess that's what it is.. After you said this, I tried messing with the </thumbs>, which didn't help.. So then I pasted the Thumb section at the end of the nfo and now everything that wasn't showing before, is there.. Everything but the season thumbs..

So does anyone know how to make this work correctly?

<thumb type=season season=1>http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/73739-1.jpg<thumb>
<thumb type=season season=1>http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/73739-1.jpg</thumb>
Yea.. I tried

<thumb type=season season=1>http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/73739-1.jpg</thumb>

and

<thumb><thumb type=season season=1>http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/73739-1.jpg</thumb>

Neither worked for me.. Are we capable of associatating season thumbs inside the nfo file? I'm really only figuring this out as I go here..
Just looked at one of mine -

<thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/71035-31099.jpg</thumb>