Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Open the .nfo file in your movie folder as textfile.
Refresh : Stand on movie in xbmc and click the info button.
Waffa Wrote:Open the .nfo file in your movie folder as textfile.
Refresh : Stand on movie in xbmc and click the info button.

I went to properties of the .nfo files and set it to save as a notpad document instead of a system information file and when im in my movies directory in xbmc there is no option when i right click the movie for info, so neither of these worked Confused
hold shift and right click, open as, and set it to always open with...
joebrady Wrote:hold shift and right click, open as, and set it to always open with...

Is this done in xbmc or in the Movie folder? I tried both by the way and it did nothing in xbmc and from the file there was no open as option probably cause its Vista?
in the movie folder, not sure about Vista, may be different than XP, haven't used it enough to know...
joebrady Wrote:in the movie folder, not sure about Vista, may be different than XP, haven't used it enough to know...

Thanks for trying, if anyone else can help that would be great! Also with Media companion after setting up a movie the thumbs and fanart aren't showing up in xbmc except for when i click on "movie" then it shows the thumbs and fanart, Ive used Media Info Plus and it had no problem. Maybe all my troubles are due to Vista incompatibility? Anyone using Vista that had no issues with thumbs and media info showing up?

Thanks.
leave the .nfo file as it is.
If you want to open it in windows do open it as txt file. (do not save as)
I am pretty sure that this question has been asked before. Was searching quite extensively before, but just cannot find the answer...

Have TV episodes on a DVD (3 episodes per DVD) and would like to show scrap the info. I dont want to rip the dvd, neither do I want o make an iso file out of it. Ideally, just leave it as in the DVD folder (Video_TS). Anyone knows whether this is doable and what I would need to do?
I'd love to use this but it crashes on often when I try to delete a movie from the left-side list. Many of the videos do not scrape properly (as you can see in the list) and if there is no NFO and/or TBN file MC seems to crash. When those files exist it does not crash, even when the scrape is not "good".

Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Media_Companion.Form1.ToolStripButton5_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion 2.135
Assembly Version: 2.1.3.5
Win32 Version: 2.1.3.5
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/Media%20Companion%202.135/Media%20Companion%202.135.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
steve1977 Wrote:I am pretty sure that this question has been asked before. Was searching quite extensively before, but just cannot find the answer...

Have TV episodes on a DVD (3 episodes per DVD) and would like to show scrap the info. I dont want to rip the dvd, neither do I want o make an iso file out of it. Ideally, just leave it as in the DVD folder (Video_TS). Anyone knows whether this is doable and what I would need to do?

Support for DVD folders containing tv shows will be coming very soon

@Livin

I'll look into the issue you are having with the delete button.
As for the rest, it looks like you have Use folder names set un the preferences, yet from the list it's obvious that you have a mixture of some movies in folders and some together in a root directory. Media Companion supports one or the other, not both
billyad2000 Wrote:I'll look into the issue you are having with the delete button.
As for the rest, it looks like you have Use folder names set un the preferences, yet from the list it's obvious that you have a mixture of some movies in folders and some together in a root directory. Media Companion supports one or the other, not both

All my movies are in separate folders.

\Movies\<folder by movie title>\<files>

only exception to above is...
\Movies\IMAX\<folder by movie title>\<files>
billyad2000 Wrote:Support for DVD folders containing tv shows will be coming very soon

This is great news!!! Looking very much forward to it!!!
Livin Wrote:All my movies are in separate folders.

\Movies\<folder by movie title>\<files>

only exception to above is...
\Movies\IMAX\<folder by movie title>\<files>

Not the case, according to the image you posted you have

G:\Movies\What The Bleep Do We Know.nfo
according to the list you have at least 3 other movies in that folder
The IMDB Search is looking for "Movies" based on the folder name, and is returning this result.

I think that you also have multiple media items in the folder "Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 1"
Since your search is based on the folder name it is bound to return the same result for all media stored in the same folder.

You currently have 2 choices, either seperate the movies into seperate folders eg,
G:\Movies\What The Bleep Do We Know\What The Bleep Do We Know.avi
G:\Movies\movie2\movie2.avi
etc

or

Select each movie and do a manual search for the correct movie via the edit menu, once the nfo is correct the list will show ok.

A third alternative is coming in the next version, this is support for profiles. This would allow you to have one profile that uses folder names and another that uses filenames.
These could be merged in yet another where you list by moviename and year.

Probably the easiest way is to be consistant as to how you store your media.
billyad2000 Wrote:Not the case, according to the image you posted you have

G:\Movies\What The Bleep Do We Know.nfo
according to the list you have at least 3 other movies in that folder
The IMDB Search is looking for "Movies" based on the folder name, and is returning this result.

I think that you also have multiple media items in the folder "Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 1"

I did at first... then I created a folder for each. When I tried to delete the items that were in the root (from MC) this is when I found the crash occurred. A rescan did not "clean" up the old data.

I do have multiple items in folder "Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 1" but this is one DVD broken into multiple files so it really should be counted as one item.
I'm getting an error when I select a movie directory with 317 items inside. Media Companion throws an .Net exception and can't read the directory. Is this a known issue?

I organized those 317 items into smaller sets (65 items in each folder) and everything seems to be working.