Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version 2.220

Largely a bugfix release and code cleanup release,

The issue with the rar size preference being ignored has been fixed
The TVDB scraper now addresses images.tvdb directly to avoid the problems that the new mirrors are causing
Local actor thumbs are now supported for TVDB thumbs as well as IMDB
Many other small bugs have also been fixed

The cache file has been updated and should be more stable now, it also includes the actorDB, you may have noticed that in the last release the actor search feature did not work, this has been fixed. I am hoping that issues with this have been resolved, i've timed the startup time with and without it and the startup time is halved with my setup.

The splash screen now returns some data about the loading state of the program.

I have also finally decided to upgrade from Windows XP to Vista Ultimate 64, so for people using vista you are likely to see some visual improvements.

I am aware that there are still some issues with the tv episode scraper crashing before it has completed, it is difficult for me to fix them until I get some valid feedback from users, the tv output log contains the details of the error at the very bottom of the log and I would appreciate it if people experiencing these errors would post details of the error message.

I will be starting the album scraper soon and I would like to be sure that everything else is working properly before I start since it may be quite a while between versions once I start on this.

Download Version 2.220
Would it be possible to have a flag for all those file, which has been manually edited?

Would be great to be able to filter those one, which are not yet reviewed...

Thanks!
Anybody noticing a problem where XBMC is not getting the watched status from nfo files? I've been using MC for a while now with no problems, but I just built a Win XP system and I tried both revision 18899 & 19011 and both refuse to derive the watched status from the MC nfo files. Anybody seeing this?
billyad2000 Wrote:Version 2.220
I will be starting the album scraper soon and I would like to be sure that everything else is working properly before I start since it may be quite a while between versions once I start on this.

Scraping of TV series in DVD folders would be a great addition. You mentioned before that this was in the plans and hope it wont be delayed to after the new album funciton. Thanks a lot!!!
steve1977 Wrote:Scraping of TV series in DVD folders would be a great addition. You mentioned before that this was in the plans and hope it wont be delayed to after the new album funciton. Thanks a lot!!!

Thats already possible

Just use a supported naming convention for the DVD folder, eg :-
lost S01E02E03E04\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
or
lost S01E02E03E04\VIDEO_TS.IFO
or
lost 1x1x2x3x4\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
etc
Any thoughts about adding getvideoartwork.com to the list of sites that can be scraped for poster art? The quality of the posters available at that site are amazing.
I still have the problem with the regex.xml file deleting when I start up. This is what I have in it.

Code:
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) - Episode ([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>

My shows are:

Code:
TV Shows\TV Show Name\Season 1\TV Show Name - Season 1  - Episode 03.avi

I am not sure where the log is. I don't see one in the folder. Sorry. Any ideas? Does it delete if it is in the wrong format?

J_K_M_A_N
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:I still have the problem with the regex.xml file deleting when I start up. This is what I have in it.

Code:
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) - Episode ([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>

My shows are:

Code:
TV Shows\TV Show Name\Season 1\TV Show Name - Season 1  - Episode 03.avi

I am not sure where the log is. I don't see one in the folder. Sorry. Any ideas? Does it delete if it is in the wrong format?

J_K_M_A_N

The regex file is not deleted, it is just moved to the Application Data folder along with the config files.
No wonder why! Well, it doesn't seem to work for me though. It shows all my TV shows but when I click to select a season, it shows nothing. I have NFO files for many tv shows (from another program Tongue) but it doesn't seem to see any. And if I scan for new shows, it says this for all of them:

Code:
Found For TV Show :- Family Ties, Episode :-e:\tv shows\Family Ties\Season 5\Family Ties - Season 5 - Episode 08.nfo
No Season and/or Episode Information Was Returned For This Episode

Any ideas?

J_K_M_A_N
Ladies and gentlemen, I know this question has probably been answered a zillion times, but 133 pages of this thread are a little too much. So, forgive me, but...

I'm really happy with how movie scraping works. However, TV series won't work for me. My episodes are located in, say, F:\SERIALE\Pitbull\Season 1\Pitbull.S01E01.avi . MC scrapes the entire series information just fine, but shows no info on particular series or on episodes. The relevant fields are simply blank. What am I doing wrong?

Another question is: what to do if I have episodes of a certain series located on two different drives? Any chance to make them appear as one TV series?
Cheers
is there any trick to getting new episodes or season folders to show up? i just recently grabbed a bunch of new episodes for several shows, some that went into existing seasons and some that were in new "season x" folders. at first one show showed up ok, but the other two didn't. after removing and readding shows, i got a second show to be updated, bt i'm still stuck with Season 3 of 30 Rock not showing up. any ideas?

/edit

and nevermind. deleted the .nfos and rescanned and it works just fine. could have sworn i did that last night but i guess not.
What about a missing episode thumb search? I think I already requested this. It would be similar to the "Scan for missing fanart" option under Movies but would find missing episode thumbs for TV Shows.

Also, I am getting to "Operation Timed Out" dialog boxes when 2.220 starts (during the Loading TV Library section of startup). If you click OK to both, the program starts and seems fine. Just a minor inconvenience.
Halibutt Wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I know this question has probably been answered a zillion times, but 133 pages of this thread are a little too much. So, forgive me, but...

I'm really happy with how movie scraping works. However, TV series won't work for me. My episodes are located in, say, F:\SERIALE\Pitbull\Season 1\Pitbull.S01E01.avi . MC scrapes the entire series information just fine, but shows no info on particular series or on episodes. The relevant fields are simply blank. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seri...4019&lid=7

If you have blank fields, it's usually beacuse the info isn't filled out on the TVDB website itself. It's open for everyone to edit, so if you see blanks spots you can fill them in.
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I see blank fields in the program, not on the page. See the screenie below:

When I click on "Select season" there's nothing there, eventhough there's info on all three seasons on TVDB - and all three seasons are there in the folder.
Any ideas?
Cheers

EDIT: Deleting all the .nfo and .tbn files and then rescraping the series did the job, but shouldn't this work right out of the box?
RockDawg Wrote:Anybody noticing a problem where XBMC is not getting the watched status from nfo files? I've been using MC for a while now with no problems, but I just built a Win XP system and I tried both revision 18899 & 19011 and both refuse to derive the watched status from the MC nfo files. Anybody seeing this?

Apparently, according to jmarshall, newer versions of XBMC will no longer retrieve the watched status from a nfo file. I find this disappointing and hopefully it's re-implemented. If it matters to you, here is the thread I posted on it where jmarshall replied in case some of you may want to argue it's merits.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47662