Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like if you have a -cd1 it does not use the movie.nfo but uses -cd1.nfo when it scrapes those movies. <-- is not an error I was wrong

Sorry I was wrong....I had not reloaded the movie database
billyad2000 Wrote:I add the option to keep the file/folder name (Cleaned) as the movie title.

WOW, this help me so much for italian translated titles...
Thank you Billyad2000!

A little bug...when i rescrap an incorrect-scraped title, after saving, the YEAR field don't change, i have to change it manually and quick save.
alpha_125 Wrote:WOW, this help me so much for italian translated titles...
Thank you Billyad2000!

A little bug...when i rescrap an incorrect-scraped title, after saving, the YEAR field don't change, i have to change it manually and quick save.

I'll fix it for the next version.
'Rescrape Episode Thumb' in the Editor is doing nothing even though there's a thumb available on TVdb.
Hitcher Wrote:'Rescrape Episode Thumb' in the Editor is doing nothing even though there's a thumb available on TVdb.

I've just tested this and it's working fine
Actually, I have noticed similar results to what Hitcher posted. For me, it is spotty. Sometimes when I browse my tv shows, no episode thumbs show at all. If it try to add one, thinking the show doesn't have one, it returns nothing. Other times when I open the program it shows all the thumbs fine. I don't really see a rhyme or reason to it.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Actually, I have noticed similar results to what Hitcher posted. For me, it is spotty. Sometimes when I browse my tv shows, no episode thumbs show at all. If it try to add one, thinking the show doesn't have one, it returns nothing. Other times when I open the program it shows all the thumbs fine. I don't really see a rhyme or reason to it.

This is something I have never encountered, the code that deals with it is simplicity in itself and leaves no room for error :-
Code:
episodetbnfilename = episodefilename.Replace(IO.Path.GetExtension(episodefilename), ".tbn")
                exists = IO.File.Exists(IO.Path.Combine(episodepath & episodetbnfilename)
                If IO.File.Exists(episodetbnfilename) Then
                    pbxepisodetbn.Visible = True
                    pbxepisodetbn.ImageLocation = tempstring
                ElseIf episodeurlpath <> Nothing Then
                    If episodeurlpath.IndexOf("http") <> -1 And episodeurlpath.IndexOf(".jpg") <> -1 Then
                        pbxepisodetbn.Visible = True
                        Try
                        pbxepisodetbn.ImageLocation = episodeurlpath
                        Catch ex as Exception
                            'unable to download thumb
                            pbxepisodetbn.Visible = False
                            pbxepisodetbn.Image = Nothing
                        End Try
                    Else
                    End If
                Else
                End If

The variable "episodefilename" refers the the filename of the .nfo file loaded, the extension (.nfo) is replaced with .tbn, if this file exists then it is displayed in "pbxepisodetbn" (picturebox)

If the file is does not exist then it looks for a url that is loaded into "episodeurlpath" from the <thumb> tag when the nfo is loaded. If a valid url exists then in loads that into "pbxepisodetbn" (picturebox)

If both the above fail then the picturebox is emptied and hidden. I just can't see where there could be an issue.

Additionally, this is a different issue that Hitcher experienced who said that the rescrape episode thumb wasn't working. It seems ok to me, but there are a couple of things I think may cause an issue here which I will be checking.
Actually, in the instances I mentioned above when I thought there was no thumb, I would try to scrape it. It would not return anything. So, it is kind of the same issue, just with a few more variables. Cheers.
I have had the same thing happen as Rand as well.

Anyway, further checking of the nfo shows the url for the thumb as -

http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/76290-423756.jpg

where it should be -

http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/76290/423756.jpg
Is there any way to get the HTML export to put the movies in some sort of order? I can figure out what order mine are in from the export...They aren't in order by file date, production date, genre, or alphabetically. I was hoping it would just output them alphabetically for an easy to browse list. Can this be done?
Hi,

i´m new.
I want to know why you create an .nfo for film informations?
It can be scrabed directly in XBMC and it will be saved in the database.

Why someone use .nfo files?

Thanks

Michael
It is just easier to manage this way and easier to back up. It also stores the full sized images directly to your drive so you don't ever have to worry about scraping them again.
Every xbmc system in your house same library, resize Fanart (xbox), nice big covers, xbmc wil scrape much faster and so on...
Billy,

For the past two or so releases I have been unable to scape the thumbs of the shows, whether automatically or when re-scraping. I had the error but when I pasted it was something older and I had closed the log, it was talking about not being able to resolve the host of the thumb.

Thanks,
Reg
A very useful feature would be the ability to scan TV Shows for missing episode thumbs and offering to retrieve them from TVDB. I frequently load episodes shortly after airtime - this means the details are often in TVDB but episode thumbs are missing for a few days. I think you have a similar feature for movies (I use MC primarily for TV Show support) - could you make it available for TV Shows?