Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a feature request:

How about adding the ability to edit the watched tag from within the program. This would be extremely useful for users scanning in theie existing libraries for the first time and still be useful for incremental additions to the library for recently acquired movies that the user has already seen.

While simply adding that field to the 'Edit Movie Details' window would be better than nothing, I think it would be really cool to have a sperate view that simply lists all the movies in the library with a check box next to each one to mark it as watched or unwatched. This would be much easier for marking entire libraries rather than having to go into the 'Edit Movie Details' for each movie. Of course you could also include a "check all" and "uncheck all" function for even greater ease of use.

Just a suggestion.
RockDawg Wrote:I have a feature request:

How about adding the ability to edit the watched tag from within the program. This would be extremely useful for users scanning in theie existing libraries for the first time and still be useful for incremental additions to the library for recently acquired movies that the user has already seen.

While simply adding that field to the 'Edit Movie Details' window would be better than nothing, I think it would be really cool to have a sperate view that simply lists all the movies in the library with a check box next to each one to mark it as watched or unwatched. This would be much easier for marking entire libraries rather than having to go into the 'Edit Movie Details' for each movie. Of course you could also include a "check all" and "uncheck all" function for even greater ease of use.

Just a suggestion.

Yes I 100% agree. Just one more feature that would make your program that much better then it already is. A simple checkbox would be the best solution also for us with large collections.
just something cosmetic but still anoyin ... i allways have to scrape a lot of movies, and most time i change the poster and fanarts to my needs, could it be possible to close the poster&fanart view after you click the same selected? you allways have to close these manually ....

i know .. im a lazy bitch Wink
While people are asking, how about the ability to ignore the word "the" when sorting alphabetically.

Mike
@billyad
I have just had some time to mess around with the thumbnail generator and I must say it works really well! I do have some suggestions which I am sure you have already considered but here they are just in case.

1. An option to generate thumbs for all episodes that don't have them. Also, a check box to generate thumb for any new episodes you scrape that don't already have one on thetvdb.

2. A set capture time option. Right now I believe it is capturing a shot at 20 seconds into the episode. Unfortunately, most shows are still in the opening credits at 20 seconds, so most of the thumbs I have generated so far have been the exact same image.

3. An option to re-generate thumbs on the episode edit screen. This would be if you are not happy with the thumb created automatically. Instead of just recapturing the thumb as it does currently, I would suggest something like this. You choose a time increment. Such as 60 seconds and then you choose parameters like between 5:45s and 20:22. Then it would generate a thumb every 60 seconds between those two time frames. These thumbs would then be shown to the user in a window just like the fanart chooser window. You could then pick the one that you like best and the rest will be automatically deleted. Having a few images to choose from would actually save time in the long run, instead of picking random timestamps until you happen to grab a suitable frame.
A slider that could just move frame by frame would be nice too. Perhaps a small player window to preview the frames. I guess whichever you think would be best.

4.The ability to set thumbnail size. I personally don't mind having large thumbnails. Actually I prefer them. Some people might like smaller thumbs that go fit into the 400x300 tvdb standard. This also affects suggestion 5.

5. As mentioned previously, the ability to export all thumbs for a particular show to an external folder saved as Show - SSxEE - Name.jpg. That way they can easily be added to thetvdb to help the community. With the added ability to be more selective of what thumbnails you create, as suggested above, you will be able to contribute "good" thumbs to thetvdb instead of the usual autogenerated thumbs which they frown upon for good reason.

Hopefully you find some of this helpful. Thanks again.

On a side note, I hope you saw my post in reply to the studio/production company issue. This thread is big and it must be hard for you to keep track of Wink Let me know if you need more info on that issue as well. Cheers.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@billyad
I have just had some time to mess around with the thumbnail generator and I must say it works really well! I do have some suggestions which I am sure you have already considered but here they are just in case.

1. An option to generate thumbs for all episodes that don't have them. Also, a check box to generate thumb for any new episodes you scrape that don't already have one on thetvdb.

2. A set capture time option. Right now I believe it is capturing a shot at 20 seconds into the episode. Unfortunately, most shows are still in the opening credits at 20 seconds, so most of the thumbs I have generated so far have been the exact same image.

3. An option to re-generate thumbs on the episode edit screen. This would be if you are not happy with the thumb created automatically. Instead of just recapturing the thumb as it does currently, I would suggest something like this. You choose a time increment. Such as 60 seconds and then you choose parameters like between 5:45s and 20:22. Then it would generate a thumb every 60 seconds between those two time frames. These thumbs would then be shown to the user in a window just like the fanart chooser window. You could then pick the one that you like best and the rest will be automatically deleted. Having a few images to choose from would actually save time in the long run, instead of picking random timestamps until you happen to grab a suitable frame.
A slider that could just move frame by frame would be nice too. Perhaps a small player window to preview the frames. I guess whichever you think would be best.

4.The ability to set thumbnail size. I personally don't mind having large thumbnails. Actually I prefer them. Some people might like smaller thumbs that go fit into the 400x300 tvdb standard. This also affects suggestion 5.

5. As mentioned previously, the ability to export all thumbs for a particular show to an external folder saved as Show - SSxEE - Name.jpg. That way they can easily be added to thetvdb to help the community. With the added ability to be more selective of what thumbnails you create, as suggested above, you will be able to contribute "good" thumbs to thetvdb instead of the usual autogenerated thumbs which they frown upon for good reason.

Hopefully you find some of this helpful. Thanks again.

On a side note, I hope you saw my post in reply to the studio/production company issue. This thread is big and it must be hard for you to keep track of Wink Let me know if you need more info on that issue as well. Cheers.

I will be extending the ffmpeg options eventually, what you have at the moment is more of a test than anything else. The biggest issue I have with some of what you are asking is the time it takes to complete that task. Because the process is completely seperate from Media Companion I am forced to stop the program until ffmpeg has finished, while this isn't an issue for capturing a single screenshot 10 seconds into the clip, once you get more than a minute or so into the media, ffmpeg takes an absolute age (About a minute for 20mins into media)

Finding readable documentation on ffmpeg is difficult.
Is ffmpeg capable of multiple captures from a single commandline, if so what is it, at the moment I am using :-
Code:
commandstring = """" & Form1.applicationpath & "\ffmpeg.exe" & """" & " -y -i " & """" & mediafile & """" & " -f mjpeg -ss 1200 -vframes 1 -an " & """" & outputfilename & """"

Shell(commandstring)

Any advice on how I could change the above code to make multiple screen captures would be appreciated.

Additionally, at the moment the only way that MC knows that ffmpeg has finished is by monitoring the processes and manually checking that ffmpeg is no longer a process, I don't like this, if for some reason ffmpeg was to hang or crash MC would be stuck in an infinite loop. Is there a better way to do this.
New Version 2.106

Small update For the Movie Section

Bugfix - HTML character translation should now be working properly
Bugfix - File in use error when saving edits or rescraping should now be fixed
Bugfix - Filenames converted to lowercase when using stacknames for fanart, posters etc
Bugfix - Options/General - Don't download actor thumbnails when browsing Movies (Speed Up Browsing) Could not be selected.

New Feature - Watched/Unwatched toggle button is added to main window, tag is saved with "1" if movie is watched
New Feature - Quicksave feature, Edits can now be made on the main window, ID, Actor, FIlename, and Path boxes cannot be edited.

Download Version 2.106
In regards to screenshots, you should check out mediacoder.

This program allows for something very similar to what I mentioned above. You can set increments and it will take a shot for each and output them in a specified folder. I believe it uses ffmpeg but don't quote me on that.
Billy, there might be some info here -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29699
billyad2000 Wrote:New Feature - Watched/Unwatched toggle button is added to main window, tag is saved with "1" if movie is watched
New Feature - Quicksave feature, Edits can now be made on the main window, ID, Actor, FIlename, and Path boxes cannot be edited.

Download Version 2.106

Wow billyad I wasn't expecting these two amazing features. Thank you so much!
Special characters now display correctly. Thanks for the fix.

Thanks for adding the watched tag, but XBMC doesn't recognize the 1 in the watched tag. It uses true or false.
RockDawg Wrote:Special characters now display correctly. Thanks for the fix.

Thanks for adding the watched tag, but XBMC doesn't recognize the 1 in the watched tag. It uses true or false.

I would like to get this working, someone said that <watched>1</watched> was the way to go.

Also from a thread on th Media Companion forum :-
platje Wrote:First thanks for this great program.

What i would like is an option in XBMC Media companion to set a checkbox for every movie you have seen.
When you press the checkbox it will save this in the nfo.

I dont know exaclty how XBMC works with status wachted and unwatched,
but i figured out that when you fill in the nfo file <playcount>1</playcount> it will automatically give the movie the status watched in XBMC by scraping.

the value <watched>true</watched> isnt working in the nfo.

Hopefully you can integrate this feature! it woold be great!

I need more info here about what actually works
Version 2.107

2 small fixes from 2.106

When creating the multi episode capability I inadvertantly broke the episode regex import ability
The watched tag is now saved as <watched>true</watched> or <watched>false</watched>, let me know if this works ok.

Download Version 2.107
There must be something messed up in XBMC. I just tried v2.107 and setting it to 'true' didn't work either even though it should. If you open a video library db file, it shows nothing but true or false in that field. XBMC must not be scraping the watched tag for some reason.
One thing I just noticed is it's no longer pulling in all the MPAA information on ratings. For example, I just scanned Let The Right One In http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/ and instead of grabbing "Rated R for some bloody violence including disturbing images, brief nudity and language" like it use to, it just put in "R".

Here's how I have the certificate priorities set:

I'm using 2.107