Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fekker Wrote:vdrfan added tvdbid to svn r19367 .. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5675#comment:2

Thats good to know, it makes no difference to Media Companion, but for people who export the nfo files from XBMC the tvshow.nfo file will be instantly useable.
reakwon Wrote:how about a wide season thumb option just for the show folder ?
because i love it arranged like folder.jpg as a wide thumb and the seasons as a poster thumb

i re-arranged my tv show selection (nearly done .. hehe) and had to manually change every "root" thumb (meaning setting the wide banner as a folder.jpg) for each show.. worth the work, but what a work it was Wink

btw: just tried to finish the last few shows, but can't seem being able to download any images from thetvdb.com (within MC.. no matter what version 2.135, 2.229 or 2.233)
did tvdb change anything in their api or is that service down at the moment ?

When the tvshow.nfo file is created you can choose wide or poster view for the folder.jpg

http://thetvdb.com/ appears to be down at the moment, it's beyond my control.
billyad2000 Wrote:When the tvshow.nfo file is created you can choose wide or poster view for the folder.jpg

http://thetvdb.com/ appears to be down at the moment, it's beyond my control.

alright, then that's exactly what i should have known 2 days ago Wink but it will help me alot in the future Smile

I read somewhere, that you're working on a feature that will allow to communicate with the XBMC DB ?
Or is there any other way to keep the DB always up-to-date with MC without removing folders from the library and rescan all the time?
Would also solve my problem with having 2 xbmc's running and updating them all the time

EDIT: i see, now even http://www.thetvdb.com isn't reachable anymore. it was earlier on when i posted my question
Can you make it so that if the thetvdb/imdb api/site is down that it shows a message saying that and doesn't add the new episode/movie? Or, if there some reason why people may still want them added without the info, maybe you could have two buttons on the message popup asking whether or not to still add the new episodes.

I just tried scanning in a bunch of new TV episodes and it couldn't scrape any info (I checked and thetvdb.com is down). Now I have a bunch of unnamed episodes with no info scattered around. MC didn't create any nfo's for those episodes and I know I could rebuild and it would remove them, but I think it would be a bit more elegant if MC would tell the site/api is down and ask what you want to do. The log does say it couldn't download any info, but some people may have that turned off and a popup window still seems more elegant IMHO.

Just a suggestion.
RockDawg Wrote:Can you make it so that if the thetvdb/imdb api/site is down that it shows a message saying that and doesn't add the new episode/movie? Or, if there some reason why people may still want them added without the info, maybe you could have two buttons on the message popup asking whether or not to still add the new episodes.

I just tried scanning in a bunch of new TV episodes and it couldn't scrape any info (I checked and thetvdb.com is down). Now I have a bunch of unnamed episodes with no info scattered around. MC didn't create any nfo's for those episodes and I know I could rebuild and it would remove them, but I think it would be a bit more elegant if MC would tell the site/api is down and ask what you want to do. The log does say it couldn't download any info, but some people may have that turned off and a popup window still seems more elegant IMHO.

Just a suggestion.

This is actually a bug, nfo files are not created and a scrape at a later time will only keep adding additional unnamed episodes until an nfo finally gets created. Then a rebuild is needed to remove the unwanted entries.

It is fixed from the next version.
Hitcher Wrote:Just ran a check for missing episode thumbs and it displayed the results for all the episodes that don't have thumbs but said it had saved them. When I checked they were all 70kb but couldn't be opened.

I thought this might a problem with TVdb but it still saves corrupt thumbs when none exist on TVdb.
I ask again. Is it possible to have MC to only handle season thumbs, posters and info about the TV show, NOT the episodes?

/Söder
soder Wrote:I ask again. Is it possible to have MC to only handle season thumbs, posters and info about the TV show, NOT the episodes?

/S?der

Yes, just add the tvshows and afterwards don't click 'Media Search' when in TV mode.

You will be able to view, and edit the main tvshow.nfo details, posters, fanart etc.
You won't be able to view episodes until they have been added with the 'Media Search' Function.
New Version 2.284

Main Changes

Media Tags are now available for Movies, set the option in the scraper settings.

A Rescrape all movies wizard has been added to the 'movies' Drop down menu. This allows you to rescrape all movies, replacing any combination of tags, including actors and Media Tags.
A good example of a use for this would be to Add Media Tags to all movie nfo files without altering any other part of the nfo.
(The 'Leave actor tags alone, but download thumbs to local path' function is not enabled at the moment, I think I will remove it since rescrape actors will perform the same thing.)

The TV Show Browser will now liat shows that are not english

The TV Show Browser will now download series posters or banners in your chosen language if available.

Additional Options

Preferences/General/Startup Mode - Disable Caching of media DB, for those who are having problems with the cache file.(This slows down startup considerably)

Preferences/Scraper - During Auto Scrape, Create HD Media Tags (As Above)

Preferences/Scraper - Limit ammount of Genre's to scrape from IMDB

Other
The option to list movies by Title or File/Folder name has been moved from the menubar into the dropdown Movie menu.

Important
This build of Media Companion is for testing only. There are multiple large changes and there is the posibility of bugs occuring, the thing that worries me most is the All movie wizard. Since this function updates all .nfo files, a serious bug could effect all of them. While I have tested this with my configuration, and don't believe that this is a real posibility I would recomend that this feature be tested on folders holding a small no of movies before using it to add HD tags to 1000 movies. I would also suggest that you don't use the main movie scraper and the wizard together unless you wish to test it because I have not done so thoroughly and there are several functions being used by both threads that could potentially cause issues.

The next few weeks will be a bug hunt, I would appreciate it if people would refrain from making feature requests for the time being, but would report bugs with any useful information that they can offer.

Download Version 2.284
Awesome. I'm glad to see media tag support! I'll be testing it later today.

Any chance it also supports the <studio> tag hack to work with Aeon?

As in....
<studio>New Line Cinema / 720p / DTS / 6ch / eng / subeng</studio>
When starting the new version all the TV-shows get messed up.
It's list all the episodes for all tv-shows instead of just the one chosen.

psike Wrote:When starting the new version all the TV-shows get messed up.
It's list all the episodes for all tv-shows instead of just the one chosen.

Have you done a TV Show rebuild, it's located in the tools menu?
Quote:Have you done a TV Show rebuild, it's located in the tools menu?

Tried this and it's still the same.
I also tried to remove the TV shows folder and adding them again.
nothing changed.
psike Wrote:Tried this and it's still the same.
I also tried to remove the TV shows folder and adding them again.
nothing changed.

Have you got each show added as a seperate folder? If you add just the root then you would get what you are seeing.
I used the root button and choose my TV folder.
But this what i did till now in older versions and it worked fine.