Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rudeboyx Wrote:when using version 2.113 whenever i make an ajustment to a movie ie: change fanart or plot once i move off the movie and back onto it the unwatched button turns to watched even though i havent watched it

Fixed for next version
jalesm Wrote:Since you added the watched/unwatched button for movies, is it possible to do the same for tv episodes?

I'll be starting on the TV Show section soon, it needs a lot of work to bring it inline with the move section. I'll look at this then.
Version 2.117

Bugfix - Editing an unwatched movie and saving marked the movie as watched
Bugfix - Editing an actor would raise the "Are you sure" Dialogue when saving
Bugfix - When exiting the Poster Browser and no poster is available then an exception was raised
Bugfix - Saving a Poster from Poster Browser did not also save folder.jpg

New searches located in menu/movies
List Movies Without Fanart
List Movies Without a Poster

Additional Preferences Added :-
If fanart is available then don't display poster
During autoscrape dont download posters

For those who are having issues with XBMC not seeing stacked or unstacked .tbn or fanart files I added the options :-
Use unstacked filename method for poster filenames
Use unstacked filename method for fanart filenames

Media Companion will now see all fanart and posters, no matter which method they use, just select the method that works for your version of XBMC.

And finally, when a movie is scraped, if no Plot is available then The Outline will be copied into the plot field

Download Version 2.113
Excellent work! Thanks for all the updates lately. This new version addressed every last little quirk I had with MC. I feel like you did it just for little 'ol me.Wink

And since it's works perfect for me now I'll throw out some suggestions for future versions that I'm sure would be beneficial to all. I recently started using a program called TVrename, and would love to see some of it's features incorporated into MC. Most notably the rename function of course, but I'd also like to find somesort of program that would monitor a folder for new files, then move them to a seperate corresponding folder based of of rules setup my the user, then rename and scrape.

A tall order I know, but I'm just throwing ideas out there....
Man you're quick! Thanks for the quick update!
Damn dude, you are the man. You have fixed pretty much all the minor annoyances. I can't express enough how important this application is for my rather large and growing 1600+ movie collection spread across multiple TB drives. Expect a donation sometime in the future here.

Also
"Media Companion will now see all fanart and posters, no matter which method they use, just select the method that works for your version of XBMC."

I don't know if this means the application should see movie.tbn now, but if it does, it's not working for me. Did I miss an option somewhere?
krypt2nite Wrote:Damn dude, you are the man. You have fixed pretty much all the minor annoyances. I can't express enough how important this application is for my rather large and growing 1600+ movie collection spread across multiple TB drives. Expect a donation sometime in the future here.

Also
"Media Companion will now see all fanart and posters, no matter which method they use, just select the method that works for your version of XBMC."

I don't know if this means the application should see movie.tbn now, but if it does, it's not working for me. Did I miss an option somewhere?

I was referring to stack or unstacked filenames. Media Companion does not support movie.tbn.......

Yet!
Great work! You are open to feature suggestions and implement them lightning fast. Thanks so much for all your time and hard work.
I'm sorry to request even more when you've already been so accommodating, but I was just thinking of something that would be nice. How about the ability to re-scrape all movies. To me the nice thing about this feature would be that the watched status would be maintained for all my movies.

Currently, I am manually re-scanning all my movies one-by-one to update the plots. I get a lot of new releases as soon as they come out and a lot of times the plot descriptions on IMDB are pretty sparse when the dvd is new, but later on they are edited and much better.
This is probably a really stupid question but I'm trying to use Media Companion and am having trouble adding my source for movies to scrape. I have them stored on a network share on a server with a mapped drive back to the box I have MC on. See the following screenshot...

With the drive letter being "M" and the root of where the movies are, I assumed I would just enter M:\ as the path to the movies but when I try to parse the folder, nothing comes up. Oo

I'm sure I am missing the ball here on something... Nod
Nevermind, I found the option to enable VIDEO_TS folders! Told ya I was stupid! Confused LOL
Version 2.118

Just a single Bugfix from 2.117, looks like Media Companion is working pretty well now, reports of problems are getting few and far between

Version 2.118 addresses the issue that raises a "File Not Found" exception when exiting the poster browser.

Download Version 2.118

I'm not accepting any more feature requests for the movie section from now, I'll wait a couple more days to allow people to report bugs and then I'm gonna start on TV Shows. I've spent the last couple of months concentrating on Movies and it's working pretty well now, and I need to spend some serious time on TV Shows to bring it in line.
RockDawg Wrote:I'm sorry to request even more when you've already been so accommodating, but I was just thinking of something that would be nice. How about the ability to re-scrape all movies. To me the nice thing about this feature would be that the watched status would be maintained for all my movies.

Currently, I am manually re-scanning all my movies one-by-one to update the plots. I get a lot of new releases as soon as they come out and a lot of times the plot descriptions on IMDB are pretty sparse when the dvd is new, but later on they are edited and much better.

Why not just go into your movie folder and delete all the nfo files and then scrape the folder again?
quick question billy.

are there any plans to include music .nfo scrapeing in the future? the only reason i ask is that the built in scraper in xbmc has never really worked for me. i have thousands of albums and about 1% of them will srcape. even the mainstream ones dont scrape.
Quote:I'm not accepting any more feature requests for the movie section from now

Billy your continuous work is highly appreciated. I do not want to be annoying but does this mean the .rar support is put on hold for the short term (or I missed it)? Many people have movies stored in rar format. Basic support would be very helpful, but I have lived with worse.