Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gave away my Q10 Pro to a friend, so will rely on community to see if I can keep that summary updated.
(2016-12-24, 18:55)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-24, 00:21)TheShoe Wrote: [ -> ]and finally it supports both HDR formats. so i dont care which becomes the dominent standard

Both? There are three :

DolbyVision
HDR-10
HLG

DolbyVision and HDR-10 are both PQ-based and used for drama and movies. HLG is based on Log Gamma and is the most likely to be used by broadcasters (both for live and catch-up/on-demand)

For the time being, there are five functional HDR formats:
. (HEVC) HDR10
. (HEVC) Dolby Vision
. HEVC HLG HDR
. VP9-HLG YouTube HDR
. VP9-PQ YouTube HDR

HDR10, Dolby Vision and VP9-PQ use the SMPTE ST 2084 Perceptual Quantizer (PQ) transfer function.
HEVC HLG HDR and VP9-HLG use the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) transfer function.

"HLG" is not "regional" because:

. VP9-HLG is one of the two YouTube HDR formats.
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/...y/hdr.html

. HEVC HLG HDR is already operational in Japan:
http://www.digitaltvnews.net/?p=27806
https://www.hikaritv.net/english/
Hikari TV 4K IP channel in HEVC HLG HDR >> IP network >> HEVC HLG HDR compliant TV

. HEVC HLG HDR is being deployed in North America:
http://satprnews.com/2016/12/19/travelxp...america-2/
"LUXEMBOURG, 19 December 2016 -- SES S.A. (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) today announced that Travelxp 4K, an international travel channel, will make its Ultra HD debut next month on SES’s growing Ultra HD distribution platform serving cable operators and multichannel television platforms throughout North America.
Offering audiences compelling stories from faraway places, the world’s first 4K travel channel, Travelxp 4K, is set to launch on the SES-1 satellite, one of a trio of SES satellites (SES-1, SES-3, AMC-18) that are home to the region’s leading Ultra HD distribution platform.
The 4K channel follows the success of Travelxp HD, which offers 100% originally-produced premium travel and lifestyle programming distributed to over 50 million homes globally. Travelxp 4K will showcase global travel content with breathtaking images in 10 bit REC2020 color space with HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR (High Dynamic Range)."

(2017-01-03, 17:45)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I gave away my Q10 Pro to a friend, so will rely on community to see if I can keep that summary updated.

why?

himedia,zidoo, egreat, xtreamer, etc.....it is a winner?
shield it is a real "console"...
now it is "the best android tv box"....what a shame.

Ps.

kabylake for mobile has a perfect PQ.
(2017-01-03, 22:42)ceaca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-03, 17:45)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I gave away my Q10 Pro to a friend, so will rely on community to see if I can keep that summary updated.

why?

himedia,zidoo, egreat, xtreamer, etc.....it is a winner?
shield it is a real "console"...

I gave my Himedia Q10 Pro to my brother now I am regretting itUndecided should have given him the Zidoo X8 instead.
#1 use: Intel MVC
#2 use: Intel MVC
#3 use: Intel MVC
#4 use: Zidoo X9S

Smile
It will be interesting to see what happens with the Android boxes as they update to Nougat as that will clear a lot of the issues people have with them
(2017-01-03, 23:35)chocco Wrote: [ -> ]It will be interesting to see what happens with the Android boxes as they update to Nougat as that will clear a lot of the issues people have with them

the big issues is Android 7 permission
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2463399
LG announced new oled 2017 panels, non of them have 3d anymore

Guess 3d truly is to die Sad such a shame
(2017-01-04, 21:14)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]LG announced new oled 2017 panels, non of them have 3d anymore

Guess 3d truly is to die Sad such a shame

that is a shame. that means there will be no UHD 4K 3D either.

i am surprised given how many movies are still released in 3D and how many are in blu in 3D.
TV OEMS basically killed 3D last year and yeah I was never that interested in it at all personally. I have only seen Avatar in IMAX 3d and thats been it besides Spykids 3d with the colored galsses and thus not really good 3d. Spykids 3D wasn't 3D for me becuase of my bad eyes. Avatar was a much better experience and I could see the little wisps around the tree around me while the stuff coming out of the screen with the colored glasses Never work for me at all. I don't even install the 3D driver for my nvidia cards to be honest.
I still like 3D watching on my Sony projector.
Call me when there no new release Blu-ray without 3D....
Don't believe the media hype about 3D is dead they just trying to sell 4K TV's and when that died down they will come back with 4K3D
4K is just to sell TV sets will die out eventually. If you look at what happen to 1080 p and network broadcast 4 k will suffer the same faith it's a joke how all these new formats are out but no true content are available except the overprice 4K uhd disc which is already out on blu-ray . 98 percent of the mass don't care about 4K are even going to buy these disc and if you can't get a true rip of these disc what's the sense.. just my 2 cents..
Right ... masses may buy 4K TV's as prices are getting cheaper and cheaper, but I don't see them investing in UHD BD's or in premium 4K streaming.

Studios and manufacturers are to blame for 3D... those early exclusives, bundles, and poor promotional efforts.
(2017-01-05, 20:14)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Right ... masses may buy 4K TV's as prices are getting cheaper and cheaper, but I don't see them investing in UHD BD's or in premium 4K streaming.

Studios and manufacturers are to blame for 3D... those early exclusives, bundles, and poor promotional efforts.

I'm one of those that wont't be buying a UHD player. I just got a One S over the holidays and that's because the wife said we needed one for the extra bedroom for when the nephews come over, for $225, why not. Won't have an interest in viewing a UHD disc on it till they release the update that will enable the lossless audio bitstreaming.