Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeroen Wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I added the rating (stars and text) to the video info screen. I am thinking about removing the studio flag in the thumbnail view to make room for the rating, as I agree it is more useful. Or maybe move the studio logo to the left and putting the rating on the right where the rating is now.

Cool stuff man and thanks again for the great skin. merry xmas too Big Grin
@Jeroen: Any chance you could share the standard background (the blue one from the home screen) ? I'm not able to find it in the skin folder.
Jeroen Wrote:What do you mean by page left/right mode? Do you mean using the page up and page down keys?

Yes, sorry Jeroen...that's what I meant. In Slide view for me, it goes left and right, so that's why I called it that, but I guess you're correct that it's technically page up and down Smile Basically just paging from page to page, rather than scrolling through each thumbnail one at a time.
canadave Wrote:Yes, sorry Jeroen...that's what I meant. In Slide view for me, it goes left and right, so that's why I called it that, but I guess you're correct that it's technically page up and down Smile Basically just paging from page to page, rather than scrolling through each thumbnail one at a time.

Well, I don't think it should be considered a bug. It behaves the same in Confluence so I would consider it a shortcoming of XBMC as it would make sense being able to do that.
Steadily moving towards what should finally be getting close to a 1.0 release, I present you reFocus 0.9.5. Official releases will be smaller and released quicker from now on, focusing on bug fixing instead of new features.

Some of the changes in this release include fixed and reworked weather support, support for the artwork downloader add-on, reworked watchlist support, improved library integration of the nextaired add-on and more improvements to home menu customization. Please see the build log for a partial changelog.

IMPORTANT Current development of reFocus is done on and for Eden XBMC builds only. It is not recommended to run reFocus 0.9.1 and up on Dharma (10.1). Please do not report issues encountered using reFocus on XBMC 10.1 or lower. Dharma users are advised to use the compatible reFocus 0.8.9.6

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Apart from Dutch, Korean, Polish and Spanish, translations are very outdated. Displayed text may not indicate true meaning.

DOWNLOAD
Download current version (0.9.5) here
Or install my repository add-on to receive updates automatically through XBMC.
Jeroen here you have complete updated Norwegian strings.xml file for your skin Wink
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=51211
So, just so you know, it appears that this release fixed watcher for my apple tv... Atleast I can now see folders. I now receive script failed when it's loading watchlist, but again I can Atleast access content - ALL & NEW - in movies and tvshows.
Looking for a tip. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the font size if things like last.fm an Icefilms. I am wanting them all to have the same font size as my library listings, for reading from the couch. Any thoughts?
are you able to implement a new watched icon to maybe a medium or large tick so i can keep track of what episodes i have seen those little green icons are a bit too small to see properly

plus when season folder and episodes are in file viewtype you cannot see any icons only those stars next to them would love the option to have a check mark there instead
Hi,

Thanks for fixing the "show letter" bug. The skin flows much better now that issue has been resolved. Much appreciated.

However, I've since found something else that seems a tad strange? I don't have/use a music library, but I do have a lot of music plugins, however I'm unable to access any of my much plugins via the music addons menu as I am unable to access them?

When I select music>add-ons ... no addons are actually displayed? It takes me to a "Music Folder" and offers me "view mode" / Search / Filter even though this folder is empty and is not my actual addons folder... To actually get to my Music Addons I must go through files mode, then select addons and view them this way?

I'm sure this was a similar issue Hitcher had with Alaska that I reported back to him. I think the resolution was that he hadnt coded a fall back for those with no muic library. Is this the same issue as it seems to function the same where upon selecting music addons (with no music library) takes you to the incorrect location?

Hope This bug can be squashed too,

Thanks in advance for this wonderful skin and thanks for resolving the previously posted bug.

Cheers,
Pat~
Jeroen Wrote:Well, I don't think it should be considered a bug. It behaves the same in Confluence so I would consider it a shortcoming of XBMC as it would make sense being able to do that.

Ah, okay...I uninstalled Confluence and hadn't had a chance to try anything else. Good to know it's a "behaviour" and not a "bug" Smile Thanks.
The-Boxhead Wrote:Jeroen here you have complete updated Norwegian strings.xml file for your skin Wink
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=51211
Great, thank you Smile

Abrasher Wrote:So, just so you know, it appears that this release fixed watcher for my apple tv... Atleast I can now see folders. I now receive script failed when it's loading watchlist, but again I can Atleast access content - ALL & NEW - in movies and tvshows.
That's good to hear, weird that the script keeps failing though Huh You might want to post a Debug Log in the script's thread.

Abrasher Wrote:Looking for a tip. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the font size if things like last.fm an Icefilms. I am wanting them all to have the same font size as my library listings, for reading from the couch. Any thoughts?

You would have to change this font called "list" in Font.xml:
This will affect fonts in other places to though.

protocol77 Wrote:are you able to implement a new watched icon to maybe a medium or large tick so i can keep track of what episodes i have seen those little green icons are a bit too small to see properly
There will be no watched icons, sorry.

PatrickBateman Wrote:However, I've since found something else that seems a tad strange? I don't have/use a music library, but I do have a lot of music plugins, however I'm unable to access any of my much plugins via the music addons menu as I am unable to access them?

When I select music>add-ons ... no addons are actually displayed? It takes me to a "Music Folder" and offers me "view mode" / Search / Filter even though this folder is empty and is not my actual addons folder... To actually get to my Music Addons I must go through files mode, then select addons and view them this way?
Yes, it's a bug in XBMC. Or at least a shortcoming/oversight. When the Library has no local music content, it won't be able to display add-ons in library mode either. Merging files and library mode was originally planned for Eden, but unfortunately this only happened for videos.

Quote:I'm sure this was a similar issue Hitcher had with Alaska that I reported back to him. I think the resolution was that he hadnt coded a fall back for those with no muic library. Is this the same issue as it seems to function the same where upon selecting music addons (with no music library) takes you to the incorrect location?
As the merging didn't make Eden I will see if there's something I can do to go around it as a temporary solution.
A bit of a request here, (don't mind if just some pointers to hack it in myself) but could it be put so that the information like DD, H.264 (all the extra stuff along the bottom of the "movie information" screen), could be put just on the normal movie slide view (e.g. back up one level). If that makes sense?
deanmv Wrote:A bit of a request here, (don't mind if just some pointers to hack it in myself) but could it be put so that the information like DD, H.264 (all the extra stuff along the bottom of the "movie information" screen), could be put just on the normal movie slide view (e.g. back up one level). If that makes sense?

Do you mean that you want to see all the flags on the movie info screen to appear in the slide view too? If so, that's not something I will be adding.
If you want to add it you could look at the include in IncludesFlags.xml that starts with:

PHP Code:
<!--video info dialog-->
    <include 
name="flags_Type-info"

and use bit of that code and put in the slide section in MyVideoNav.xml
Actually, looks like you don't even have to touch MyVideoNav.xml at all. I just went into IncludesFlags.xml, grabbed some of the controls listed under the flags_Type-info bit that Jeroen just mentioned, and pasted them after the bit directly above them (in the <!--slide view---> section) inside the same IncludesFlags.xml file.

But, I'll save you guys the steps. Here's my quick mod as described above. Just back up your IncludesFlags.xml file FIRST, then delete the entire <!--slide view--> section (everything from that comment tag until, but not including, the <!--video info dialog--> tag), and then just paste in the following:

Code:
    <!--slide view-->
    <include name="flags_Slide-media">
        <control type="grouplist">
            <posx>222</posx>
            <posy>660</posy>
            <width>900</width>
            <height>64</height>
            <itemgap>10</itemgap>
            <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(521) | Control.IsVisible(522)</visible>
            <control type="image">
                <width>128</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <info>ListItem.StarRating</info>
                <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                <!--<visible>![Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(musicvideos) | [ListItem.IsFolder + !Container.Content(tvshows)]] + IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(ReleaseDate)) + !SubString(ListItem.Icon,default)</visible>-->
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Rating,0)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>96</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <include>flag_Res</include>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>115</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <aspectratio align="left">keep</aspectratio>
                <include>flag_Audio</include>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>96</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <texture>$INFO[Listitem.VideoCodec,flags/codec/,.png]</texture>
                <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)] + !IsEmpty(Listitem.VideoCodec)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <width>96</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <texture>$INFO[Listitem.AudioCodec,flags/codec/,.png]</texture>
                <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(musicvideos)] + !IsEmpty(Listitem.AudioCodec)</visible>
            </control>
        </control>
    </include>

Looks good on my screen, anyway Smile I created a bit of a horizontal offset from the three original tags to the video and audio codec tags just for my own personal aesthetic taste. To go back to having them all grouped more closely together, just find the control in the code above that ends in "flag_Audio", and change the width from 110 to 96, then change its alignment from "left" to "center".

I also chose not to include the aspect ratio tag, as it's not important to me; but you can certainly introduce it easily enough following the above as a guide.