Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeroen Wrote:Do you mean that you want to see all the flags on the movie info screen to appear in the slide view too? If so, that's not something I will be adding.
If you want to add it you could look at the include in IncludesFlags.xml that starts with:

PHP Code:
<!--video info dialog-->
    <include 
name="flags_Type-info"

and use bit of that code and put in the slide section in MyVideoNav.xml

Cheers for the help, finally got around to having a look and I can get them all displaying but they are in the centre of the screen, but as soon as I add in <posx> and <posy> they disappear?

EDIT: Fixed it! There was a much easier way of just swapping the <include>flags_Slide-media</incude> in MyVideoNav.xml for flags_Type-info and adding the posx and posy to the flags_Type-info in the IncludesFlags.xml
deanmv Wrote:Cheers for the help, finally got around to having a look and I can get them all displaying but they are in the centre of the screen, but as soon as I add in <posx> and <posy> they disappear?

Did you read my post right after Jeroen's, on page 206 or so? You shouldn't need to do anything with posx or posy.
canadave Wrote:Did you read my post right after Jeroen's, on page 206 or so? You shouldn't need to do anything with posx or posy.

Yeah I had a look (cheers by the way) but I am using a self edited old 0.9.3.1 build so some of the contents of the xmls are different. I have it working now and all in place etc.

I've also tried hacking in the "Next Aired" bits from the latest ReFocus build as that is a great feature but all the dates are wrong (and in american format) where as it works on the latest updates on my macbook so need to look into that but I think it's more to do with Next Aired than what I have done with the skin.

I am reluctant to update as I have spent so much time etc building and customising the skin I don't wanna lose it all and the "alternate home screen"
I'm attempting to add another custom item to the home menu, but it isn't functioning for some reason. This time I'd like a a menu item that goes directly to a TV Show library called "LiveTV". This is a folder of HDHomeRun .strm files.

Here's what I added to HomeMenu.xml:

<!--LiveTV-->
<item id="100">
<label>LiveTV</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow,(VideoFiles,LiveTV)</onclick>
</item>

The menu item is visible, but nothing happens when it is clicked. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ebatte Wrote:I'm attempting to add another custom item to the home menu, but it isn't functioning for some reason. This time I'd like a a menu item that goes directly to a TV Show library called "LiveTV". This is a folder of HDHomeRun .strm files.

Here's what I added to HomeMenu.xml:

<!--LiveTV-->
<item id="100">
<label>LiveTV</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow,(VideoFiles,LiveTV)</onclick>
</item>

The menu item is visible, but nothing happens when it is clicked. Any ideas?

Thanks

Add your live tv source to favourites first, open favourites.xml in your userdata folder, find the live tv favourite label, copy it and paste it to your <oncklick> in home xml, your actual <onclick> is not valid.
deanmv Wrote:Yeah I had a look (cheers by the way) but I am using a self edited old 0.9.3.1 build so some of the contents of the xmls are different. I have it working now and all in place etc.

I've also tried hacking in the "Next Aired" bits from the latest ReFocus build as that is a great feature but all the dates are wrong (and in american format) where as it works on the latest updates on my macbook so need to look into that but I think it's more to do with Next Aired than what I have done with the skin.

I am reluctant to update as I have spent so much time etc building and customising the skin I don't wanna lose it all and the "alternate home screen"

Any chance you'd be willing to share your custom build?
butchabay Wrote:Add your live tv source to favourites first, open favourites.xml in your userdata folder, find the live tv favourite label, copy it and paste it to your <oncklick> in home xml, your actual <onclick> is not valid.

Thanks, actually that's what I figured out to do prior to reading your advice. Here's the code that ultimately worked:

Code:
<item id="100">
<label>Live-TV</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;/storage/tvshows/HDHomeRun XBMC TV/&quot;)</onclick>
</item>

PS-this is for a path in openelec. Your path may vary depending on the OS, etc.
wb2alta Wrote:Any chance you'd be willing to share your custom build?

Thinking about it i've not changed much but it's just been so trial and error that it has taken me ages. What i've done is:

Added an alternate home screen item for "Live TV" that goes straight to the TVCatchup Plugin
Added an alternate home screen item for "On Demand TV" that goes through to all my Video Add-Ons.
Added both Video and Audio Codec to the slide view when looking at movies and TV Shows
Made all the home menu items (e.g. Movies, TV, Live TV, (apart from 1)) skip a level and go straight back to home screen when you press menu
Added an "Exit XBMC" button that goes back to FrontRow on the Homescreen
Added in the Next Aired settings (Next Episode on: *date* • Last Episode on: *date* • Season Status: *status*) to the TV Show slide view (work in progress on this one as dates not working correctly yet).

It doesn't look a lot like that but as i've never looked at skinning before it has taken me a whole. I'm willing to upload if you're still interested?
deanmv Wrote:Thinking about it i've not changed much but it's just been so trial and error that it has taken me ages. What i've done is:

Added an alternate home screen item for "Live TV" that goes straight to the TVCatchup Plugin
Added an alternate home screen item for "On Demand TV" that goes through to all my Video Add-Ons.
Added both Video and Audio Codec to the slide view when looking at movies and TV Shows
Made all the home menu items (e.g. Movies, TV, Live TV, (apart from 1)) skip a level and go straight back to home screen when you press menu
Added an "Exit XBMC" button that goes back to FrontRow on the Homescreen
Added in the Next Aired settings (Next Episode on: *date* • Last Episode on: *date* • Season Status: *status*) to the TV Show slide view (work in progress on this one as dates not working correctly yet).

It doesn't look a lot like that but as i've never looked at skinning before it has taken me a whole. I'm willing to upload if you're still interested?

Yeah that would be great I'd like to try it. How stable do you find it to be? Does it freeze at all for you? Icefilms/Icelibrary freeze quite a bit for me using this skin, as does the search function in a fair amount of other add-ons (YouTube).
Jeroen,
Not sure if you saw my last post. So re quoted.

loggio Wrote:Jeroen,

I noticed an 'annoyance' the other day when changing my banners to posters for tv shows. When selecting 'info' - 'edit' -'choose thumbnail' and the thumbnail dialog pops up, I've noticed (depending on the server) it can take some time to load and preview the thumbnails.

With confluence, to the left of the thumbnail text is a small preview image, the image becomes visible once it's been downloaded from the scrapper site. This gives you an indication that it's ready to view and can also make the selection process much quicker. In refocus, you have a grey default thumbnail to the left of the text, and the 'big' thumbnail in the preview box to the right. Would it be possible to change the grey static icon on the left to a thumbnail preview?

The way you have it now, one cannot tell if the image has been cached or not, meaning I have to literally scroll through every single thumbnail in the list to preview it, 70% of the time you end up doing this preemptively and end up with no thumbnail and have to wait for it to load.

I can supply images if you struggle to understand.

Cheers.
Loggio.

Also,
(assuming you use windows) If you're interested in furthering pvr development for your skin, try the latest pvr build from Margro. It's based on BETA 1 of eden and is pretty stable :-) if you do, don't forget to upgrade Media Portals Tvserver to the latest version and also the plugin for tvserver. All found here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

Cheers,
Loggio.
Thank you for this GREAT skin.

I have a simple question. Where can I change default 'Subtitles Add-on' or 'Lyric Add-on' that used on OSD? In case of Confluence, It has option on its Skin Setting page.

Thank you again,
piodio.
wb2alta Wrote:Yeah that would be great I'd like to try it. How stable do you find it to be? Does it freeze at all for you? Icefilms/Icelibrary freeze quite a bit for me using this skin, as does the search function in a fair amount of other add-ons (YouTube).

It seems to run fine at the moment. No hangs or anything and the transitions have got a lot faster since Eden beta 1. My icefilms works Pefectly apart from the latest megavideo bug so I can't log in at the moment but before its worked fine. Can't really comment on search or icelibrary as I don't use them but I'll upload it tonight and send it your way when I'm home from work.
piodio Wrote:Thank you for this GREAT skin.

I have a simple question. Where can I change default 'Subtitles Add-on' or 'Lyric Add-on' that used on OSD? In case of Confluence, It has option on its Skin Setting page.

Thank you again,
piodio.

I know for subtitiles If you start watching something, Bring up the OSD and then press up for more options there should be a "get subtitles" button. For me that lets me pick which addon I want to use to get them. But that might just be as I have no subtitle add ons installed
Hi Jeroen, thank you for this beautiful skin.
I have downloaded the skin from github.
What are these folders ? refocus\media\flags\***\mono ?

If you need an italian translation, i'm happy to contribute.
Kami Wrote:Is it possible to when in Music Library mode for the skin to display the local folder.jpg and fanart.jpg images? I have saved multiple images in different artist folders, however these only appear in the Files Mode.
Possible, but no plans for it sorry.

Quote:There seems to be an issue with the scrapers pulling images from similarly named, but wrong artists so I was hoping to avoid this by using local images.
Fxing the scraper would be the proper way to remedy this imo instead of using or implementing workarounds.

Quote:Trying to set these manually within XBMC by selecting Artist Information does not fix this issue either, as the menu never appears and XBMC appears to get stuck searching for the artist and keeps bringing up the same text box.
I have no trouble setting the fanart manually in artist information?

Quote:After looking at the Thumbnails view, it appears that fanart is used for the artist thumbnails, rather than the folder.jpg. Is there anyway to change this?
The thumbnails view uses the artist thumbs, not the fanart.

loggio Wrote:Jeroen,
Not sure if you saw my last post. So re quoted.
I don't think I want to use tiny thumbnails in the list there. I'll see if there's another way to do this. Actually I think it would be nice if XBMC could provide some way of displaying a progress indication.

Quote:Also,
(assuming you use windows) If you're interested in furthering pvr development for your skin, try the latest pvr build from Margro. It's based on BETA 1 of eden and is pretty stable :-) if you do, don't forget to upgrade Media Portals Tvserver to the latest version and also the plugin for tvserver. All found here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/
Yes, I have been using that to fix some PVR issues. Not really sure about it being stable, although it does work better than previous builds Smile

henrava Wrote:Hi Jeroen, thank you for this beautiful skin.
I have downloaded the skin from github.
What are these folders ? refocus\media\flags\***\mono ?
Apart from the movie studios the media flags in reFocus are all pre-styled in photoshop. However in some places (mainly in dialogs) I need them to have a dark color. I can do the coloring in XBMC by applying a colordiffuse on the texture, however this looks nasty on mediaflags that have pre-styled effects applied to them. So every flag image has two versions, a pre-styled and a pure white version I can use colordiffuses on.

Quote:If you need an italian translation, i'm happy to contribute.
Sure, that would be great Smile