Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or you can do it in System (Settings)/System/Input Devices/Enable Mouse.
nickritus Wrote:It would be really nice if skins could flag whether they are mouse compatible or not, and xbmc could then throw up a warning if mouse is enabled. When I was first using xbmc and trying different skins I got bitten by the no mouse support thing.

I'm sure I can add a warning dialog when mouse input is enabled.
You'll find that most skins do NOT support mouse use. As this is a media center intended for use in the living room/home theater environment, most people are using a remote or wireless keyboard for menu navigation.

Even with skins that do support mouse use, certain viewtypes are cumbersome to use with a mouse, especially wraplists. So in order to create a fully mouse supported interface (which isnt needed IMO) you would be restricted in the views you have.
ltmon Wrote:I don't notice any quality difference (42" 720p LCD). Apparently some images can come out badly, but none of mine did.

It doesn't require any action. As soon as you view that image XBMC will start encoding it as a dds. Next time you load the image it will use the dds version if it exists. It takes a good 20s per image on Atom however, so it will be a while before everything becomes smoother.

Personally I quickly scrolled through every movie/music/tv fanart/poster/album in my library, waited several hours for CPU to drop back to normal usage level, and then restarted XBMC.

(You should probably move further detailed questions to the main thread on the topic, linked above).

thanks, i will look into this.
Jeroen Wrote:The file default.xml in the colors directory is what you'll want to look into. It's pretty straight forward although it's not documented yet.

thanks!
Hi Jeroen,

I recently started using XBMC and I am using refocus from day one. Its really a beautiful skin. Minimal and classy! Thanks a lot! Smile

I do have a few questions though.

1) Does refocus support or will support the new Subtitles addon? I have the addon enabled but I didn't see any settings for it under refocus settings and I didn't see a subtitle button in the movie overlay either.

2) This is probably an XBMC issue but even though I had "poster" selected in the viewtype setting for TV shows, when new shows are added, banners were downloaded for all of them. I had to manually download the posters. Is their no way to link the view setting to the type (poster/banner) downloaded by default?

Thanks again!
*Raj* Wrote:2) This is probably an XBMC issue but even though I had "poster" selected in the viewtype setting for TV shows, when new shows are added, banners were downloaded for all of them. I had to manually download the posters. Is their no way to link the view setting to the type (poster/banner) downloaded by default?

Thanks again!

This is not a skin or xbmc issue, is a scraper one. You have to set in scraper setting when you "set content", "I prefer poster".
Sinnocence Wrote:3. When playing a video, if you fast forward and press play/pause to cancel the fast forward in quick succession a few times the Play/Position marker bar becomes 'stuck' on the screen. While it continues to update it will never disappear. None of the XBMC controls (clear/back/hide info/etc) seem to affect the bar at this point. Stopping the video, or repeating the causal action, seems to 'fix' it. Again, doesnt happen with other skins (Alaska/Alaska Revisited/Night all used on this build).

I've looked into this but I have not yet been able to reproduce the problem. Just to be sure I understand you correctly, you fast forward the video, then repeatedly switch between fastforward and pause/play?
I did encounter a different issue here where actually the player controls would get stuck on screen. I made some changes/restructured things for this. Maybe it's related I don't know. Please check for the problem when the next release is out.

*Raj* Wrote:Hi Jeroen,

I recently started using XBMC and I am using refocus from day one. Its really a beautiful skin. Minimal and classy! Thanks a lot! Smile

I do have a few questions though.

1) Does refocus support or will support the new Subtitles addon? I have the addon enabled but I didn't see any settings for it under refocus settings and I didn't see a subtitle button in the movie overlay either.

Thanks *Raj* Smile At the moment there is no support for the subtitles addon, but it is planned. I'll see if I can add it in the next release. If not, it will be in the release after that.
Jeroen Wrote:I've looked into this but I have not yet been able to reproduce the problem. Just to be sure I understand you correctly, you fast forward the video, then repeatedly switch between fastforward and pause/play?
I did encounter a different issue here where actually the player controls would get stuck on screen. I made some changes/restructured things for this. Maybe it's related I don't know. Please check for the problem when the next release is out.

Yep, that's it. I'll take a look in the next build.
Since disabling the mouse, the skin has worked much better for me. Thanks for the tips, guys!

Jeroen, are there any plans to add unicode font support for movie titles in other languages?
I'm so glad to see a new Focus. I always liked the original a lot and this version looks even better. Thanks Jeroen.

I do have a couple requests:

1. Could you add a "letter indicator" (not sure what it's really called) that pops up when fast scrolling through media. I've gotten used to it with the other skins I've used and it is a big help in knowing where you're at.

2. Would you add an option in the skin setting to put Movies and TV shows on the main menu rather than have to go into Videos to select them?

Either way, thanks again for a sweet looking skin!
RockDawg Wrote:I'm so glad to see a new Focus. I always liked the original a lot and this version looks even better. Thanks Jeroen.

I do have a couple requests:

1. Could you add a "letter indicator" (not sure what it's really called) that pops up when fast scrolling through media. I've gotten used to it with the other skins I've used and it is a big help in knowing where you're at.

2. Would you add an option in the skin setting to put Movies and TV shows on the main menu rather than have to go into Videos to select them?

Either way, thanks again for a sweet looking skin!

Thanks, glad you like it Smile

1. Yes, this has been added for the next release. You can always check the build log This is where I try to maintain a list of what will be included in new releases. You'll see that this feature is the first in the list Wink

2. I don't think so, sorry. The menu is really meant to be multilevel. In order to add an option for this and doing it the right way I would have to include all sorts of conditions to the main and submenus adding complexity that I really don't want. While doing a personal mod for this would be as easy as replacing two to three lines of code.
*Raj* Wrote:1) Does refocus support or will support the new Subtitles addon? I have the addon enabled but I didn't see any settings for it under refocus settings and I didn't see a subtitle button in the movie overlay either.

Forget my previous reply, decided to spent some time on it today, will be part of the next release:

Can't figure out how to change the red fonts to another color though, seems hardcoded into the addon.
Fantastic addon though.

atgm Wrote:Jeroen, are there any plans to add unicode font support for movie titles in other languages?
The font should be unicode, but maybe there's some funky stuff happening because I modified it to all upper and lowercase variants. I'll be providing an unaltered fontset later so hopefully that will solve it. If not, then I'm afraid there's not much I can do about it.
Just wanted to say I like this skin a lot! Clean, minimalistic and a good focus on the media itself. Refreshing! And from Dutch soil Big Grin
Are you a member of Gathering of Tweakers (a Dutch tweaker forum)?

Oh, and when are you planning to release a new version?
Guybrush234 Wrote:Just wanted I like this skin a lot! Clean, minimalistic and a good focus on the media itself. Refreshing! And from Dutch soil Big Grin

Are you a member of Gathering of Tweakers (a Dutch tweaker forum)?

Thanks Smile Yup, been a member there for quite some time, not as active as I used to be though.
I hang around the Android forum there mostly these days.