Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lunatixz Wrote:Did you setup your SMB share in XBMC... not just in video files, but for system too... load xbmc file manger can you see your smb share? if not create a source for it Cool

Thank you Lunatixz. That seems to have been the problem. Odd... I have been running XBMC for what? SEVEN years now? and I have never had to do that before now? What are the chances? lol
Hello,

I have run into a little problem using PseudoTV. It seems that when I first start PTV, the EPG works as ir should. After some unspecified amount of time, the EPG stops coming up and instead the information screen comes up instead. Anyone have any clue how to fix this? I know this is happening on at least one of my machines and I think two of them. Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt: Did you change skins? It sounds like something else is grabbing the input focus..

marktuk: Might want to set background updating to partial or off in the settings. I also had problems with frame skipping when background updating was on complete, which is why the option exists.

The whole background updating thing causes quite a bit of confusion for new users (it appears)...I don't wonder if I should change it to off or partial by default...
Jason102 Wrote:mwkurt: Did you change skins? It sounds like something else is grabbing the input focus..

Have not changed skins in quite a while. I will try a different skin and see what happens.

Thanks,
Mark
FDorsey Wrote:You should interleave the shows together... Just make a few channels of "crime" and set them up to interleave together so it plays one from Channel 200 then one from Channel 199, so on and so forth.. That seems to be the easiest way of doing what you want.

That seems to work pretty good. One question though, how do I create a channel that way but not have to specify a channel type in PTV? For example, I want to create an 80's channel that has TV shows from the 80's, but not all are the same directory, genre, network and obviously it wouldn't be a custom playlist if I'm interleaving channels. Can that be done?
Jason102 Wrote:marktuk: Might want to set background updating to partial or off in the settings. I also had problems with frame skipping when background updating was on complete, which is why the option exists.

Tried changing it down, still getting artifacts in the video Confused

These green bars at the top & bottom of the video constantly flicker in and out. This only happens in PseudoTV...
A quick question,
I have put on channel sharing and pointed it towards Z:\HTPC\Channel\ (mapped network drive using windows) which is on my NAS. I started PseudoTV expecting it to create a cache folder and settings file but it does neither and seems to default to local settings.
reksveks Wrote:A quick question,
I have put on channel sharing and pointed it towards Z:\HTPC\Channel\ (mapped network drive using windows) which is on my NAS. I started PseudoTV expecting it to create a cache folder and settings file but it does neither and seems to default to local settings.

Is your NAS Password protected?... Also...I would add your NAS's share to xbmc's source include your NAS User name and Password
Oops. Accidental double post. I thought I posted this question yesterday, but I couldn't find it for some dumb reason. Now I see it's only a few posts up. Don't I feel stupid! Sorry!
RockDawg Wrote:That worked pretty good. One thing I wonder though, is it possible to do this without setting a channel type? For example, I want to create a 80's channel with all the shows I have from the 80's regardless of genre, network or directory. How can I do this and interleave?

Rolleyes
Is it normal when you "share" channels that when you open PTV on the xbmc that is looking for the shared channels to take forever to open? It says something like "opening locked 1" or something like that and it takes too long to wait for it to finish.
This looks wicked, I'm gonna give it a try as soon as I get in.

Just as an idea, something that I would find really useful, is something that'll play a series short 30s-1m clips at a set interval, like an advert break. They could actually be adverts, I don't really mind.

For more details on the idea, please join this thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1015195
p4ulypops Wrote:This looks wicked, I'm gonna give it a try as soon as I get in.

Just as an idea, something that I would find really useful, is something that'll play a series short 30s-1m clips at a set interval, like an advert break. They could actually be adverts, I don't really mind.

For more details on the idea, please join this thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1015195

PseudoTV already does this with the use of interleaving. For more info, search through this forum. Its actually quite easy to do.
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was a minimum video length for ptv to recognize a file? I have notice that all the bumpers and ads I have that are shorter than approximately 45 seconds are not being played. I have some bumpers as short as 9 seconds.

Jason I also noticed that you added the ability to set the short file length and I really appreciate that Smile. You are the best.

Thanks.
GJones Wrote:It does not stream them simultaneously. If you have buffering with that setup, it makes me believe you are sharing media from a desktop machine that is overtaxed. Perhaps a Windows box with a virus scanner running.

Tell us a bit about your XBMC installation (including OS) and the machine storing the content and we might be able to tell you the issue.

Also let us know if you happen to be using the Library Auto Update addon or the watchlist script (often installed with a newer skin like xeebo, xperience1080). Older versions of the watchlist script had some side effects when running with pseudotv due to the nature of how the script was triggered.

I am running Windows 7 64bit with 4Gb of RAM and an i3. I feel like installing more RAM but am unsure if it will make any difference. I am running all my TV and Movies from network shares. Some movies are on a NAS - QNAP TS-219. ALL my TV is shared from my PC which is Win7 64Bit. I am running Avast Anti-Virus on my Media Centre and Main PC. Am I missing something, let me know. The weird thing is after a fresh install of Beta 2 Pseudo TV worked fine, twice, then stopped working. I have installed Beta 3 but have not tested it yet - some stupid reason my library wiped and had to be re-indexed. Cheers