Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am fairly new to all of this so please forgive me if I come off as a noob. I have been messing around with the pseudotv add on lately and trying to configure channels that match my media nicely. I saw the option for a "directory" channel and I believe this caused the add on to crash. Since then, I get a script error when trying to load pseudotv. I have even gone as far as reinstalling Windows and reinstalling xbmc and pseudotv but I am still getting the error. Can anyone help? I am running Windows 8, but it had been working fine until yesterday.
(2013-04-12, 05:00)red52magoo Wrote: [ -> ]I am fairly new to all of this so please forgive me if I come off as a noob. I have been messing around with the pseudotv add on lately and trying to configure channels that match my media nicely. I saw the option for a "directory" channel and I believe this caused the add on to crash. Since then, I get a script error when trying to load pseudotv. I have even gone as far as reinstalling Windows and reinstalling xbmc and pseudotv but I am still getting the error. Can anyone help? I am running Windows 8, but it had been working fine until yesterday.

I am not using the latest, but can maybe help. Do you have your "directory" mapped as a local drive on the pc that is running PTV?

Mark
red52magoo you should make sure you have the right ptv build i was using a older ptv on frodo and i got script error
(2013-04-12, 12:41)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-12, 05:00)red52magoo Wrote: [ -> ]I am fairly new to all of this so please forgive me if I come off as a noob. I have been messing around with the pseudotv add on lately and trying to configure channels that match my media nicely. I saw the option for a "directory" channel and I believe this caused the add on to crash. Since then, I get a script error when trying to load pseudotv. I have even gone as far as reinstalling Windows and reinstalling xbmc and pseudotv but I am still getting the error. Can anyone help? I am running Windows 8, but it had been working fine until yesterday.

I am not using the latest, but can maybe help. Do you have your "directory" mapped as a local drive on the pc that is running PTV?

Mark

I didn't specifically map anything through pseudotv but it is a local drive on the pc that is running xbmc and it has been added as a source through xbmc. I'm not so sure that the directory thing has much to do with it though, now that I think about it, since I reinstalled Windows and still have the issue.

(2013-04-12, 18:56)scilz Wrote: [ -> ]red52magoo you should make sure you have the right ptv build i was using a older ptv on frodo and i got script error

I will check this right now. I did try an older version and it didn't help. What is the newest version number?
(2013-04-12, 18:56)scilz Wrote: [ -> ]red52magoo you should make sure you have the right ptv build i was using a older ptv on frodo and i got script error

I just installed the latest release and it is working now! Thanks for the help scilz!
if your using frodo go to this https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...stable-pre

your welcome

btw geuse my post are not useless mark
i have been editing some skins for ptv here is a ss if anyone likes it ill shareImage
DO WANT! :heart:

Is that emphatic enough for you? :D

Seriously, please do share!
Certain shows in my media library won't play in pseudotv. I have even created a channel to just play one of the shows in question and pseudotv just skips over that channel as if it doesn't exist. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?
I'm no expert, but I do know if one is reading your post they'll want a little more info, starting with a debug log.
Bug report. I had some content where I guess TVDB reported the station as "BBC TWO/CNN" (not sure where it came from or which show). When you try to create a channel with that specific TV Network pseudotv crashes or hangs on the channel update. I switched to just BBC Two and it was fine. Can post logs if needed.
I'm trying to setup Pseudo for the first time but I cant get past the initial channel scan. I'm using the latest stable-pre release with Frodo 12.1

The scan gets upto channel 7 and then crashes. Below is a copy of the error from an extract of my debug log.

Can anyone help with this?

Code:
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-VideoParser: getVideoLength nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: AVIParser: determineLength nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: trying to open nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: Opening for reading
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: CNFSFile::Open - opened volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-VFSFile: Opening nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
16:07:05 T:3604   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 170, in onInit
                                                if self.readConfig() == False:
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 250, in readConfig
                                                self.channels = self.channelList.setupList()
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 113, in setupList
                                                self.setupChannel(i + 1, False, makenewlists, False)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 379, in setupChannel
                                                if self.makeChannelList(channel, chtype, chsetting1, chsetting2, append) == True:
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 571, in makeChannelList
                                                fileList = self.buildMixedFileList(dom, channel)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 1276, in buildMixedFileList
                                                fileList.extend(self.buildFileList(GEN_CHAN_LOC + rulename, channel))
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 1158, in buildFileList
                                                dur = self.videoParser.getVideoLength(uni(match.group(1)).replace("\\\\", "\\"))
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\VideoParser.py", line 75, in getVideoLength
                                                return self.parser.determineLength(filename)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\parsers\AVIParser.py", line 140, in determineLength
                                                dur = self.readHeader()
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\parsers\AVIParser.py", line 148, in readHeader
                                                data = self.getChunkOrList()
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\parsers\AVIParser.py", line 261, in getChunkOrList
                                                data = self.File.read(4)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\FileAccess.py", line 192, in read
                                                return self.currentFile.read(bytes)
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:07:06 T:5116   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------
16:07:07 T:4820   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileLock: refreshLocks
(2013-04-14, 06:11)LakersFan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no expert, but I do know if one is reading your post they'll want a little more info, starting with a debug log.

Psedotv is neither crashing nor giving a script error. I don't think a debug log would do much good, but I will get post one today anyway. A little more detail... Pseudotv plays Sopranos episodes from my collection just fine. They are .avi files. It won't however, play Eastbound and Down episodes which are also .avi files and are organized in my media library in exactly the same format as the sopranos episodes.

When creating channels, Eastbound and Down shows up as an option to create a channel from, so, I know that pseudotv can see that it exists, it just won't play them. Any help would be much appreciated.
(2013-04-14, 17:15)bigdave50uk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to setup Pseudo for the first time but I cant get past the initial channel scan. I'm using the latest stable-pre release with Frodo 12.1

The scan gets upto channel 7 and then crashes. Below is a copy of the error from an extract of my debug log.

Can anyone help with this?

Code:
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-VideoParser: getVideoLength nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: AVIParser: determineLength nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: trying to open nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: Opening for reading
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: CNFSFile::Open - opened volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-VFSFile: Opening nfs://192.168.2.15/volume1/Movies/Notorious (2009)/Notorious (2009).avi
16:07:05 T:3604   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
16:07:05 T:3604   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 170, in onInit
                                                if self.readConfig() == False:
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 250, in readConfig
                                                self.channels = self.channelList.setupList()
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 113, in setupList
                                                self.setupChannel(i + 1, False, makenewlists, False)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 379, in setupChannel
                                                if self.makeChannelList(channel, chtype, chsetting1, chsetting2, append) == True:
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 571, in makeChannelList
                                                fileList = self.buildMixedFileList(dom, channel)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 1276, in buildMixedFileList
                                                fileList.extend(self.buildFileList(GEN_CHAN_LOC + rulename, channel))
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 1158, in buildFileList
                                                dur = self.videoParser.getVideoLength(uni(match.group(1)).replace("\\\\", "\\"))
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\VideoParser.py", line 75, in getVideoLength
                                                return self.parser.determineLength(filename)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\parsers\AVIParser.py", line 140, in determineLength
                                                dur = self.readHeader()
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\parsers\AVIParser.py", line 148, in readHeader
                                                data = self.getChunkOrList()
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\parsers\AVIParser.py", line 261, in getChunkOrList
                                                data = self.File.read(4)
                                              File "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib\FileAccess.py", line 192, in read
                                                return self.currentFile.read(bytes)
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown exception thrown from the call "read"
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:07:06 T:5116   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------
16:07:07 T:4820   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileLock: refreshLocks

You may be having a problem because of your nfs shares.

Mark
(2013-04-14, 18:37)red52magoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 06:11)LakersFan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no expert, but I do know if one is reading your post they'll want a little more info, starting with a debug log.

Psedotv is neither crashing nor giving a script error. I don't think a debug log would do much good, but I will get post one today anyway. A little more detail... Pseudotv plays Sopranos episodes from my collection just fine. They are .avi files. It won't however, play Eastbound and Down episodes which are also .avi files and are organized in my media library in exactly the same format as the sopranos episodes.

When creating channels, Eastbound and Down shows up as an option to create a channel from, so, I know that pseudotv can see that it exists, it just won't play them. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's not just you, I've noticed it too, infact after the latest pre-stable I forced a restart through the addon settings and all channels with TV content only have not propigated. Whether it be a genre channel or a specific show channel