Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-15, 00:42)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I reviewed the old video parser script and don't see any problems using it (except for a few new file types; .mov, .ts that were left out).
Below is an updated videoparser.py that is current with jasons build, and should fix users nfs problems...
https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...oParser.py

whoa! Thanks for that @Lunatixz, i'll give it a shot tomorrow when I'm home and report back...
Is it possible to create a PTV channel with both movies and TV shows included.
mixed genres.

Sorry, in the channel configurator, in the options, select no tv genre, or movie genre, but mixed genre, that will give you tv and movies.
Although I didn't realise that existed and will definitely be using it I was looking for a way to add a specific selection of movies and TV shows not based on genre. Is that possible?

Thank you for your reply
Yep,you can select a specific tv show, tv network or movie studio.
It's a shame you can't select movie sets though, or at least I can't find it.
if you have the required playlist in .xsp format, you can select those too.
(2013-11-15, 23:35)Malakesher Wrote: [ -> ]Although I didn't realise that existed and will definitely be using it I was looking for a way to add a specific selection of movies and TV shows not based on genre. Is that possible?

Thank you for your reply

You might try using tags for your selection sets, or create one smart playlist for the tv shows, and one for the movies, then use the interleave feature in PTV to put them into one channel that you use, and set the two source ones to not display.
Hi guys, is there any way to go to a specific channel without having to zap through all of them? For example, going from channel 50 to 100, I have to go through each channel manually, instead of just having the option to insert 100 like on a TV...any ideas?
(2013-11-17, 14:15)xempik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, is there any way to go to a specific channel without having to zap through all of them? For example, going from channel 50 to 100, I have to go through each channel manually, instead of just having the option to insert 100 like on a TV...any ideas?

You can input the channel number and hit enter and it will change to it. You could also bring up the EPG and scroll to the channel that way and then select it.
(2013-11-17, 17:50)Aenima99x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-17, 14:15)xempik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, is there any way to go to a specific channel without having to zap through all of them? For example, going from channel 50 to 100, I have to go through each channel manually, instead of just having the option to insert 100 like on a TV...any ideas?

You can input the channel number and hit enter and it will change to it. You could also bring up the EPG and scroll to the channel that way and then select it.

Really? But I try to do that, Im using official Xbmc remote on Iphone, i click keyboard and type in numbers...and nothing happens..
The iphone remote doesn't control PseudoTv. You can get a remote with an IR port off of ebay for 10-15$ from japan.

On another note, I finally updated my xbmc to frodo 12.2 and i'm now getting a script error when trying to launch Pseudo. Can anyone confirm that it works or if I will need to revert to Eden. Thanks!
(2013-11-17, 22:25)Adrenachrone Wrote: [ -> ]The iphone remote doesn't control PseudoTv. You can get a remote with an IR port off of ebay for 10-15$ from japan.

On another note, I finally updated my xbmc to frodo 12.2 and i'm now getting a script error when trying to launch Pseudo. Can anyone confirm that it works or if I will need to revert to Eden. Thanks!

Oh ok. I am able to use all other functions, flip channels, etc. but I can't input numbers, there's no keypad and the keyboard funtion doesn't work..

I have the latest Raspbmc, it says frodo 12.2, and pseudotv works fine for me.
(2013-11-17, 22:25)Adrenachrone Wrote: [ -> ]The iphone remote doesn't control PseudoTv. You can get a remote with an IR port off of ebay for 10-15$ from japan.

it works with frodo but you need to use the stable-pre version not the master version. theres a link in the first post of the thread.
I'm using the stable version and when i go to launch PseudoTv, nothing happens. I just click it and click it and click it and nothing...and when I try to use the master version I get a script error.

Anyone have any advice, I'm using xbmc on windows 7.
(2013-11-19, 06:39)FredG89 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the stable version and when i go to launch PseudoTv, nothing happens. I just click it and click it and click it and nothing...and when I try to use the master version I get a script error.

If youre on frodo you shouldnt be using master, a script error is to be expected. Enable debugging and post a log for when you try to launch the stable-pre and it doesnt run.
Crazy thing just happened. Closed xbmc after enabling debugging and now it works. Only thing is, when i launch it, it goes straight into playing a tv show. Doesn't give me a guide list or anything.