Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A little more info step by step guide would be helpful thanks in adv
I recently moved over to Frodo and I've noticed something strange with PseudoTV. On both the TV overlay and the EPG, the last few letters of the episode info always gets cut off. Has any one noticed this? I should probably mention that I have reproduced this on both Confluence and Aeon Nox 4, so I am certain the problem is being caused by something in PseudoTV's code. Here's an example of the last letters in the episode description getting cut off in each view.

Tv overlay:
Image[/img]

EPG:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(2013-01-22, 21:17)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Update to stable-pre: fixed crashes from Rastan and Icadell. Improved the reading of video files over SMB.

I know that there are a lot of random issues and requests that people have. I wish I could put some more time into PTV, but a new baby and a busy job limit my free time. I will still provide random updates when I can, but (as has been the case for the last couple months) this will be sporadic. My biggest priority is to make this stable with Frodo. If anyone is encountering crashing, please provide a log and I'll try and get to it as soon as I have an opportunity.

Hi Jason, Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Big Grin

Also thankyou for the recent fixes. I updated and gave it a try. I made PTV "Force channel reset on next start" and changed to the default skin Confluence.

Unfortunately the new changes have not fixed my issues, it scans up to channel 3 then stops. Here is a new LOG
(2013-01-23, 00:53)Randall Lind Wrote: [ -> ]Playing around with Frodo why are the channel logo's so small? I am using Aeon Nox 4.

I noticed this too. Before the logos where too big on Nox 4, which I reported on the Nox thread HERE (This was a few weeks ago.) The skinners resized it back to normal size. Then PTV got some updates which made the Logos tiny (Which you are seeing now). I was going to report it to either Jason or the Nox skinners once PTV was stable on Frodo.
(2013-01-23, 00:00)jamie steed Wrote: [ -> ]aThankful for replying TS file is short for transport stream

MPEG Transport stream

Jason did you manage to find out why PsuedoTv is not letting me add. MPEG Transport stream??
how do you install psuedoTV on frodo RC3? i've clicked install on the zip file for the latest developmntal version but it doesn't show up!!
(2013-01-23, 16:09)aoaaron Wrote: [ -> ]how do you install psuedoTV on frodo RC3? i've clicked install on the zip file for the latest developmntal version but it doesn't show up!!

https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...le-pre.zip
download this somewhere, then in xbmc go to system>add-ons>install from zip file and select it.
(2013-01-23, 16:27)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-23, 16:09)aoaaron Wrote: [ -> ]how do you install psuedoTV on frodo RC3? i've clicked install on the zip file for the latest developmntal version but it doesn't show up!!

https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...le-pre.zip
download this somewhere, then in xbmc go to system>add-ons>install from zip file and select it.

Is this link different than the ones on the first page? I have frodo rc3 and I installed the master as well as the latest one and it like doesn't function at all on the xperience1080 skin. I didn't know if it was psuedotv or the skin I was using, or if the downloads on the front page are only for eden.
Jason, strange thing here. Files on NFS shares all still not working, except when it is an avi file. By accident one of my episodes is an avi and that one is the only getting selected. I will take a look at the code if I can find out why an avi is working.
Jason why does PsuedoTv ignore Ts files?. Also I have set three films in a playlist xbmc plays all three files continuous as I have set them up one after the other

I have assigned the same folder to PsuedoTv its only playing 2 out of 3 files are most from my playlist ? Why would it play only 2 and not the third Does PsuedoTv not support or handle Ts files or Mpeg2 files?

I am starting to give up trying with PsuedoTv now as I am really beginning to hate it because it causing too much protrusion just to set it even up

I guess Ts files Mpeg files idiot the question and my library consits s of TS files? So if PsuedoTv won't even support them formats then I guess I. Will have to look around for another add on

in the mean time I hope you know of a fix maybe you can add it to the development of supporting TS files And Mpeg2 files like XBMC does natively

As if Xbmc can handle these formats why can't your add-on handle them?

hopefully this helps anyone in the furture that as a helpful tip so they won't be pulling there hair out that the reason it wo t show up in the channel list is I don't think it can handle the Ts file formats or the mpeg2 file formats

but xbmc alone can. So I guess you could always make a playlist fro. There if like for me the psuedoTv won't work with my file format type ( Mpeg2 and TS file Transport stream)

Good luck hope this helps anyone stuk
Rastan: crash fixed.

Also fixed a stupid error where only avi files would get durations.

jamie steed: TS files are ignored if no duration is known for them. I have no current method for determining the duration if XBMC doesn't already know what it is. If PseudoTV doesn't work for you, feel free to stop using it.
(2013-01-24, 01:30)jamie steed Wrote: [ -> ]Jason why does PsuedoTv ignore Ts files?. Also I have set three films in a playlist xbmc plays all three files continuous as I have set them up one after the other

I have assigned the same folder to PsuedoTv its only playing 2 out of 3 files are most from my playlist ? Why would it play only 2 and not the third Does PsuedoTv not support or handle Ts files or Mpeg2 files?

I am starting to give up trying with PsuedoTv now as I am really beginning to hate it because it causing too much protrusion just to set it even up

I guess Ts files Mpeg files idiot the question and my library consits s of TS files? So if PsuedoTv won't even support them formats then I guess I. Will have to look around for another add on

in the mean time I hope you know of a fix maybe you can add it to the development of supporting TS files And Mpeg2 files like XBMC does natively

As if Xbmc can handle these formats why can't your add-on handle them?

hopefully this helps anyone in the furture that as a helpful tip so they won't be pulling there hair out that the reason it wo t show up in the channel list is I don't think it can handle the Ts file formats or the mpeg2 file formats

but xbmc alone can. So I guess you could always make a playlist fro. There if like for me the psuedoTv won't work with my file format type ( Mpeg2 and TS file Transport stream)

Good luck hope this helps anyone stuk

Dude, why don't you do what the rest of us have done and rip your movies to another container (avi, mkv, etc)? If you do that, PTV will work great for you.

Mark
Anyone using the new XBMC PVR features with a backend such as NPVR or Mediaportal will have all of their TV Recordings as .TS files. The solution is to just use something like HandBrake and compress them to .mp4 or whatever format you like.
Wow, the TS file format looks like it's a pain in the ass. I'm trying to find a sample file and ill see if I can whip up a parser for durations. No guarantees, but maybe I'll be lucky.
(2013-01-24, 05:06)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, the TS file format looks like it's a pain in the ass. I'm trying to find a sample file and ill see if I can whip up a parser for durations. No guarantees, but maybe I'll be lucky.

Do you know whats wrong with strm support in the newer builds? icelibrary options aren't working...