Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-02, 08:36)solteir Wrote: [ -> ]Tks Marcos, I've installed the repository from your website and MQ3 is working great on Frodo!

For those who don't know how to do it, just go to Marco's website:

http://www.marcosqui.com.br/downloads_english.html

Download "Aeon MQ - Repository" and install it via Add-Ons -> Install from zip file.

Go to "Get Add-Ons" and there you see "Repo MQ", select Skin and there you go! Just install MQ3 and be happy!

Marcos, Tks for the awsome job! Abraços!

Does your showcase view still work with the latest MQ3 using Frodo?
Ok,

MQ3 for Frodo is working well, except for PVR (LiveTV)

MQ3 for Eden+PVR working perfect including LiveTV
MQ3 3.2.0 for Frodo not working for LiveTV --> Only a black screen appears.

We will wait Marcos to solve the problem.
(2013-03-02, 21:55)rmoliner Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,

If I'm honest I'm not sure MQ is going to be spending much time developing MQ3 anymore.

He has his new skin ACE coming out shortly, and then there is MQ4 as well.

I could be wrong, but the guy only has so many hours in the day.
does MQ4 work with Eden?
Im unsure whether to upgrade to Frodo just yet, All i see are folk having problems with it.
Yes MQ4 works great with Eden. I uploaded the final Eden build here for another user.

Don't get me wrong, I was an MQ3 user and it was/is a great skin, but MQ4 is a whole new world once you get used to it.
For some reason i cant start movies anymore from the Recent List... TV-shows still works.. but cant start movies anymore.. i have tried to reinstall XBMC Frodo and then install MQ3 from zip.. but after adding movies and tv-shows.. its back to same.. anyone else has this problem?? very annoying
Nice one. I didnt realise MQ4 for eden compatible. Is it an easyough transition?
(2013-03-03, 22:21)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Nice one. I didnt realise MQ4 for eden compatible. Is it an easyough transition?

Yeah. It's much more customisable than MQ3, and there are a lot more features.

Give it ago. You can always switch back.
Liking it so far. Few Qs,
On MQ3 i was able to create a "shutdown" and other favoutites on the home screen. Im struggling to find how to do this with MQ4.
When i clicked on shutdown with MQ3 it would just drop xbmc to minimize. I siply cannot find a way to do this?
I would be satisfied if he repairs the other views, then MQ3 is absolutely fine for me.
(2013-03-04, 00:13)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Liking it so far. Few Qs,
On MQ3 i was able to create a "shutdown" and other favoutites on the home screen. Im struggling to find how to do this with MQ4.
When i clicked on shutdown with MQ3 it would just drop xbmc to minimize. I siply cannot find a way to do this?

The shutdown bottom on MQ4 is on the bottom menu of the home screen. MQ did a survey during the beta stages of the skin and the general consensus was that it would be cleaner and more efficient being down there.

To add favourites and make other changes you need to enter the 'customization' menu, which again can be found on the bottom menu on the home screen.

My tutorial will help explain this.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask them in the MQ4 thread

(2013-03-04, 09:10)pigeldi Wrote: [ -> ]I would be satisfied if he repairs the other views, then MQ3 is absolutely fine for me.

I understand. I'm sure he will get around to it when he can. Maybe if you donate and email him it may speed things up for you?
(2013-03-03, 19:34)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]

If I'm honest I'm not sure MQ is going to be spending much time developing MQ3 anymore.

Samu-rai,
Thanks for your comment.
I was believing that Marcos was trying to upgrade MQ3 to Frodo.
I have also tested MQ4, and found that is a great skin, but complicated for me.

Maybe I have misundertood how to configure MQ4. Or worth the wait for ACE.
I don´t want to stole any hour of Marcos's live.
All people at home, enjoy Marcos' great job.
So, I will dedicate more time to understand better the new Marco's skins (MQ4 & ACE)

Thanks.
(2013-03-04, 11:27)rmoliner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-03, 19:34)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]

Samu-rai,
Thanks for your comment.
I was believing that Marcos was trying to upgrade MQ3 to Frodo.
I have also tested MQ4, and found that is a great skin, but complicated for me.

Maybe I have misundertood how to configure MQ4. Or worth the wait for ACE.
I don´t want to stole any hour of Marcos's live.
All people at home, enjoy Marcos' great job.
So, I will dedicate more time to understand better the new Marco's skins (MQ4 & ACE)

Thanks.

Hi rmoliner

You are right, I think Marcos has tried to get MQ3 working for frodo, and he may well sort out the bugs in time.

I just meant that it is very difficult to maintain one skin, let alone 3, so MQ3 may be less of a priority as it is the oldest. On the other hand MQ will always do his best to keep his fans happy.

In regards to MQ4 I can't recommend it enough. It does take a little time to get used to, but once you do the customisation features are huge!

If you need any help with anything with MQ4, I and others will always try and answer any questions you may have.

I have ACE on my system and that to is a brilliant skin, but it has a different feel to the Aeon MQ's.
Thanks Samu-rai . Since installing the skin im still getting "dependencies not met" on EDEN? Any idea why that keeps coming up?
(2013-03-04, 19:00)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Samu-rai . Since installing the skin im still getting "dependencies not met" on EDEN? Any idea why that keeps coming up?

When do you get that message? When you are trying to instal the skin?

What platform are you using?