Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/quote]Can you try with this sample: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...lannad.mkv

and post a mediainfo of the affected file?
[/quote]

Ok, but how do I do that on the nuc and on openelec? Is that an app or a script?

Edit: I'm watching The Dark Knight right now, the info shows P(... drop:87, pc1). The video is on a nas.
It is a video file. download it (from fritsch's link) and try playing it.

mediainfo is a computer program. Google it. run it on the file you were having problems with. Post the output.
If you're dropping frames. Take it off 24hz and put it in 50 or 60.
Jammy are you saying NUC won't/has difficulty playing 24p? 23.976? 23.98?
Yup. Dropped frames. Cured in Haswell apparently.

I have it on 24hz. Barely notice the dropped frame [barely meaning I might if I'm playing around with it. But doesn't bother me]
(2013-09-03, 10:50)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]It is a video file. download it (from fritsch's link) and try playing it.

mediainfo is a computer program. Google it. run it on the file you were having problems with. Post the output.

I know mediainfo, am using it for years on windows. The problem doesn't concern the files, they look good or at least better on my dreambox pvr. I don't see any artifacts watching the added file. I'll rewatch it again later. Thanks so far.
hey guys, very happy with my nuc. Finally done everything, kinda regret going with celeron though as i notice some choppyness when trying to use firefox and the skin ACE.

A lot of hardwork went into this entertainment center and it was my first big project and i'm extremely pleased with the fact that everything went relatively smooth.

I also must thank all of the members on xbmc.org, shoutout to codenx and jammyb for helping me out.

Anyhow, here are some pics as requested:
Internal, all wiring done
external, hopefully you can see the small hole
entertainment center
Good job! Well done bud. You figured out the connections in the end. Just a bugger the cables are so long!

What you using to control XBMC?
(2013-09-04, 11:16)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]Good job! Well done bud. You figured out the connections in the end. Just a bugger the cables are so long!

What you using to control XBMC?

Thank you!

I actually shortened the purple and black wire so that cable management would be easier.
Logitech K400 for the keyboard
Flirc + Vizio TV remote for now, still looking for the perfect remote for my mom to use as the buttons on the tv remote are too small for her to see.
Ooooh flirc. On show or hiding it inside the NUC?
i recently figured out that my amplifier is not 3D, my already old ONKYO 875 is not aimed for 3D.
Note that 3D is not , until now, the main reason for my HC equipement upgrade.
but if this change, is the NUC able to provide to the 2 HDMI output the same signal? one for the sound to the amp and one for the image to the TV? or do i really need to change my amplifier? ( IF 3D really brings an added value)
If your TV is this new, does it not have SPDIF out? You could just go out from that to the amp.
my TV will be a PANASONIC ST60
That telly has SPDIF output.
most times you will not get dts to pass through from the tv to your amp, only ac3. you definitely won't get truehd or dts-hd ma.