Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess so.
This is more an xbmc issue, trying to compensate video display lag on the TV when it uses 24p.
In my case, the Tv doesn't lag, so it resulted in an audio lag instead.
Try to set the audio 175ms ahead on a sample 24p video, to see if this is the case.
(2013-03-25, 19:54)wlk_ Wrote: [ -> ]I guess so.
This is more an xbmc issue, trying to compensate video display lag on the TV when it uses 24p.
Try to set the audio 175ms ahead on a sample 24p video, to see if this is the case.

Aha, but there is settings for audio sync in the menu that you can set to apply to all playback, is this the same thing?
Quick question - if I wanted to try out OpenELEC via a USB disk, what's the proper version to download for the NUC?
(2013-03-25, 20:52)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 19:54)wlk_ Wrote: [ -> ]I guess so.

Aha, but there is settings for audio sync in the menu that you can set to apply to all playback, is this the same thing?

You can but changing through the menu means that all content, not just 24p, will have an audio delay, so you will keep having to go into the menu and change it back for those non 24p vids.
By doing it through advanced setings it will recognize the 24p content and set the delay for you.
(2013-03-26, 04:11)DrowningApe Wrote: [ -> ]Here. http://www.openelec.tv/forum/67-display/...dge-system

Download here? Seems to be a discussion on picture issues?
Go to openelec downloads intel 64 bit. Or google
(2013-03-26, 14:32)Pasoa2021 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-26, 04:11)DrowningApe Wrote: [ -> ]Here. http://www.openelec.tv/forum/67-display/...dge-system

Download here? Seems to be a discussion on picture issues?

TLDR?

Yes, the normal build has a bug that crushes blacks on intel GPUs. That thread has a link to a build that fixes the problem, and instructions on how to implement it. Read the whole thread.
Will probably run XBMCbuntu anyways, as I need some things that OpenELEC doesn't seem to offer.
Has anyone used the Motorola NYXhybrid remote with this? Just got mine in the mail, running openelec on i3 NUC - it's unusable. Totally buggy. I thought these were suppose to be good remotes for xbmc.
The 'Dark Picture with Intel Ivy Bridge System' issue on OE, is this affecting all installs of this? Or just certain ones?
I have one. Works great. I use windows 8 though. What kinda issues you having?

(2013-03-26, 17:45)Busenheimer Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone used the Motorola NYXhybrid remote with this? Just got mine in the mail, running openelec on i3 NUC - it's unusable. Totally buggy. I thought these were suppose to be good remotes for xbmc.
No resume from sleep, keyboard is buggy as all get out. Remote side works okay, but the keyboard just refused to work consistently. I've fine through two of them now.
(2013-03-26, 18:05)Busenheimer Wrote: [ -> ]No resume from sleep, keyboard is buggy as all get out. Remote side works okay, but the keyboard just refused to work consistently. I've fine through two of them now.

Hmm, you try it on a windows box?
*fine, gone

No, I really want an appliance and keep cost down