Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-06, 20:08)danz0l Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-06, 17:13)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-06, 17:08)danz0l Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks spoyser, that would be great. It works anyway but would make it even more seamless if it returned from where it came. Now my kodi has thousands of apps wohoooo lol

No problem.

Can you just try this as a quick workaround.

Assuming you launch SF from the video menu.

Use the Manually edit favourite option, and change only the window ID to 10025 leave everything else alone (the type will be ActivateWindow)
I launch SF from a menu widget for the some of the apps. I.e I have a live TV section so have a folder in SF entitled catch-up TV which I add android on demand apps to. This then gets linked to the widget over live TV.

I have a games folder in SF for games that gets launched from a main menu on my skin etc etc

I'll try and see what happens when I edit as you say and report back and thanks for being so quick Smile

Can you try what I suggested directly in SF rather than via a widget.

If that works it will be a simple change (I think), and should save me the hassle of booting up an Android box Smile
Yes no problem
OK tried that and the option to change the window ID didn't come up. However I did try runscript and this gives me a ?SF_options=wind%3d10025. However as soon as I manually try to edit any of the linked android apps they stop working, even if I don't alter anything.

I've noticed another thing to. Exiting some android apps seen to reload kodi before returning, while others do not. For instance, ALL 4 returns to SF without any issues but UKTV Play returns to kodi after the kodi splash screen and dumps me to the main menu.

Just checked on kodi favourites and that actually did the same for UKTV Play, weird. But BBC IPlayer returned to where I was in kodi when I launched it.
Think it may be a kodi actual thing. Some android closing seen to force kodi to reload the splash and the main menu so probably not fixable by SF ??
(2016-03-06, 21:25)danz0l Wrote: [ -> ]Think it may be a kodi actual thing. Some android closing seen to force kodi to reload the splash and the main menu so probably not fixable by SF ??

Does sound more like a Kodi issue tbh
(2016-03-05, 10:45)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-05, 04:56)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-04, 04:45)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]... and FIXED!!! Big Grin

You sir are a prince among men! Thank you very much. Just out of curiosity is this a change that will be merged into future releases of SF or should I keep the code change handy?

Thanks again!

Soooo this is fun, I went to use iSearch on my OpenELEC box today and the glitch is back even with the modified code... that is just deeply annoying Sad

Can you try overwriting with this file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...default.py

(Remember to backup the original)

Okay so the updated default.py file didn't work so I reverted all the way back to the original code and just tweaked the sleep value below the code you sent me from 250 to 50 and it works! I guess it was just a timing issue... anyway I've done a couple of reboots and it does occasionally glitch but an occasional glitch is something I can live with! I also made the code tweak on my windows 10 machine to see if it would cause an issue but it works properly there too. Big Grin

Code:
cacheToDisc = False #len(keyword) > 0 and mode == _SUPERSEARCH
doEnd       = len(keyword) > 0 and mode == _SUPERSEARCH

if mode == _SUPERSEARCH:
     superSearch(keyword, image, fanart, imdb)

xbmc.sleep(50)

Now if I can just figure out why my Quasar fanart isn't showing up correctly!

Thanks again
(2016-03-07, 04:54)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-05, 10:45)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-05, 04:56)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]Soooo this is fun, I went to use iSearch on my OpenELEC box today and the glitch is back even with the modified code... that is just deeply annoying Sad

Can you try overwriting with this file

Okay so the updated default.py file didn't work so I reverted all the way back to the original code and just tweaked the sleep value below the code you sent me from 250 to 50 and it works! I guess it was just a timing issue... anyway I've done a couple of reboots and it does occasionally glitch but an occasional glitch is something I can live with! I also made the code tweak on my windows 10 machine to see if it would cause an issue but it works properly there too. Big Grin

Code:

if mode == _SUPERSEARCH:

xbmc.sleep(50)

Thanks again

Okay, I have made a few big changes to hopefully sort this issue out, or at least head in the right direction.

Can you try this version

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip
Hope someone can help, like most...noob but used this addon for ages. Looking to learn more about the advanced features etc..
So, reading up on it and im interested in the search option. Never looked at it before, so correct me if im wrong here;

Create a folder, name it 'TV Shows', open up numerous addons that have tv shows in and add these sections of the addons to the newly created 'TV Shows' super folder.
Noe inside this folder ive got 5 'TV Show menu's' taken from 5 different addons.

If i want to watch the latest walking dead i can then search for it and the search function will scan these 5 items in my folder and return me with a list of the Wlkaing dead.

Is this correct? (I can do the same for Movies etc...)
(2016-03-07, 20:06)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-07, 04:54)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-05, 10:45)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try overwriting with this file

Code:

if mode == _SUPERSEARCH:

xbmc.sleep(50)

Thanks again

Okay, I have made a few big changes to hopefully sort this issue out, or at least head in the right direction.

Can you try this version

The new version works perfectly on both my Win10 and OpenELEC machines.
Thanks for all your hard work!
(2016-03-09, 04:50)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-07, 20:06)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-07, 04:54)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so the updated default.py file didn't work so I reverted all the way back to the original code and just tweaked the sleep value below the code you sent me from 250 to 50 and it works! I guess it was just a timing issue... anyway I've done a couple of reboots and it does occasionally glitch but an occasional glitch is something I can live with! I also made the code tweak on my windows 10 machine to see if it would cause an issue but it works properly there too. Big Grin

Code:

if mode == _SUPERSEARCH:

xbmc.sleep(50)

Thanks again

Can you try this version

The new version works perfectly on both my Win10 and OpenELEC machines.
Thanks for all your hard work!

Cheers for letting me know, will push this version to my repo and submit to org as soon as I get a moment.
(2016-03-08, 14:41)mattyspurs76 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope someone can help, like most...noob but used this addon for ages. Looking to learn more about the advanced features etc..
So, reading up on it and im interested in the search option. Never looked at it before, so correct me if im wrong here;

Create a folder, name it 'TV Shows', open up numerous addons that have tv shows in and add these sections of the addons to the newly created 'TV Shows' super folder.
Noe inside this folder ive got 5 'TV Show menu's' taken from 5 different addons.

If i want to watch the latest walking dead i can then search for it and the search function will scan these 5 items in my folder and return me with a list of the Wlkaing dead.

Is this correct? (I can do the same for Movies etc...)

Nope, the iSearch feature is simply a way of searching different addons without having to continually type in the keywords(s), it is also how you can access the iRemember feature (like a clipboard of keywords) and the iRecommend feature (suggests films based on IMDB also watched search)
Uninstalling Super Favourites Breaks the normal kodi context menu.
(2016-03-09, 12:44)Martyca Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstalling Super Favourites Breaks the normal kodi context menu.

Disable the SF global menu before uninstalling.

Will be fixed in the next version
Hi Spoyser back for some help...So with SF and Helix I had few playlists in a superfolder...I was using CCm?xonfluence skin and was using the superfolder with playlists as a widget through video nodes...everything was fine and playlists where showing as a widget on home screen.Now I updated to jarvis and the skin also updated..to use a super folder as a widget now we have to use custom widgets as video nodes is not showing my superfolder anymore...I need to know what is the command to type for the custom widget to work...does something like this make sense or need to be encoded? ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=FITNESS&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2FSuper%20Favourites%5CFITNESS&sf_options=fanart%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fs6.postimg.org%2F446p16jz5%2FBefit.png%26_options_sf",return)
(2016-03-10, 15:33)mariofenech Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Spoyser back for some help...So with SF and Helix I had few playlists in a superfolder...I was using CCm?xonfluence skin and was using the superfolder with playlists as a widget through video nodes...everything was fine and playlists where showing as a widget on home screen.Now I updated to jarvis and the skin also updated..to use a super folder as a widget now we have to use custom widgets as video nodes is not showing my superfolder anymore...I need to know what is the command to type for the custom widget to work...does something like this make sense or need to be encoded? ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=FITNESS&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2FSuper%20Favourites%5CFITNESS&sf_options=fanart%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fs6.postimg.org%2F446p16jz5%2FBefit.png%26_options_sf",return)

From memory I think you can just put

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites?folder=FITNESS,return)

Which is a bit simpler!

(I wonder why it isn't showing as a video node anymore)