Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-26, 21:21)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]- Long press in an Addon Info Screen causes the SF Global Menu to pop up for a moment, but then it disappears again.
- Long press in the OTTV EPG doesn't seem to do anything

- With SF Global Menu disabled in settings, unfortunately no the Global Menu does not appear via the OSD button. Instead the video is put into the background and shows an empty (play) list type window (ie: normal 2 finger tap type behaviour).

Cheers for that.

I'll see if I can think of a way to make it also work if disabled in settings.
That's awesome, thanks Smile Smile

One more question while we are on the subject. Would it be somehow possible to choose where to save a download, so that it's not necessary to go back and sort them again later? Even if it was say, sub folders inside the main download folder that we set in settings?
(2016-03-26, 21:50)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]That's awesome, thanks Smile Smile

One more question while we are on the subject. Would it be somehow possible to choose where to save a download, so that it's not necessary to go back and sort them again later? Even if it was say, sub folders inside the main download folder that we set in settings?

I'll think about it Smile

I really wanted to keep it as simple as possible Smile
Im interested in the OSD buttion for the runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py) but can't seem to get it to work. Works fine if I press C whilst the video is playing.
Any ideas??
Are you using the Xonfluence skin? Have you added the above code in Video OSD settings > User video OSD button user selection?

Also be aware to read the pop up boxes that are shown, one is for the name of the button (call it whatever you want, it's just for reference in the skin settings) and one is where you type the above code.

I didn't need to do anything else special.
I am using xonfluence skin. I have added everything as per the code. I called it Download. The button I'm seeing on the OSD has an X on it. It works if I select aspect ratio. Also the download function works if I press C whilst the video is playing.
Hi Sean, I'm using the download function, haven't got the OSD button figured out yet but hey.
I have KODI on various devices. I have set the download path to be a usb for each device. I was wondering if it's possible to create a special:// command to access the usb on each device, using the same command obviously.
(2016-03-30, 23:53)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Sean, I'm using the download function, haven't got the OSD button figured out yet but hey.
I have KODI on various devices. I have set the download path to be a usb for each device. I was wondering if it's possible to create a special:// command to access the usb on each device, using the same command obviously.

Can't think of one tbh, the path to the USB seems to vary from one device to another Sad

Not sure about the OSD really, I haven't done it personally although jmh2002 (as you have read) has successfully attached it to that button.
I dont know if this can help but maybe it will enable you to confirm if the button is programmed correctly?

Open settings.xml from here: \Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence, and search for "UsrOSDBtn.Path"

When you find this the entire line should be:

<setting id="UsrOSDBtn.Path" type="string">runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</setting>

Smile Smile
(2016-03-31, 21:55)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-30, 23:53)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Sean, I'm using the download function, haven't got the OSD button figured out yet but hey.

Can't think of one tbh, the path to the USB seems to vary from one device to another Sad

Not sure about the OSD really, I haven't done it personally although jmh2002 (as you have read) has successfully attached it to that button.

Thanks Sean. I did it a bit different. Created a folder with the different links in for each device. Now the user has to click on their OS. It works and is fine. Thanks.
All fixed up. I checked the line and i guess i got my command and the label backwards. I called it Downloads and thats all it says. Working great now. Smile

(2016-03-31, 22:20)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know if this can help but maybe it will enable you to confirm if the button is programmed correctly?

Open settings.xml from here: \Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence, and search for "UsrOSDBtn.Path"

When you find this the entire line should be:

<setting id="UsrOSDBtn.Path" type="string">runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</setting>

Smile Smile

I'll check and report back. Thanks.
Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I was thinking about a specific feature that may be useful to a lot of people. It is great how the SF menu is customizable, but it would be even more powerful if you could add menu items that were links to your created SF folders. To take it a step further, it would be cool to be able to add a custom path as a menu item as well. If this already exists, could someone kindly tell me how to do this?

Thanks Spoyser for all your work on this project. It truly is one of the most useful addons available!
(2016-03-22, 17:36)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-21, 06:24)Midnightzak Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to make a shortcut to add selected media to folder X? Starting out a fresh streaming library is quite cumbersome worth as many clicks as it currently takes....

Should be fairly quick if you enable the SF Global Menu

I'm using the SF Global Menu, however I get a little list happy while creating a movie library and thought it would be much easier than right click, SF, folder, folder, OK. Was hoping for mouseover+X or mouseover+modifier+X. Oh well, maybe in a future release. Either way, thank you for the addon, it is great regardless!
(2016-04-01, 01:09)xTyD23x Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I was thinking about a specific feature that may be useful to a lot of people. It is great how the SF menu is customizable, but it would be even more powerful if you could add menu items that were links to your created SF folders. To take it a step further, it would be cool to be able to add a custom path as a menu item as well. If this already exists, could someone kindly tell me how to do this?

Thanks Spoyser for all your work on this project. It truly is one of the most useful addons available!

Its not quite what you want but the Quicklaunch option can be used to get quick access via the context menu.

It's particularly useful for activating Super Favourite items whilst in another addon.

Eg sometimes I'll find something in YouTube that turns out to be geolocked. So from the SF Quicklaunch menu I start up a vpn and then trigger the YouTube item again without ever leaving the YouTube addon.

I was thinking of extending the Quicklaunch menu to allow a specific Quicklaunch folder to be used as the starting point rather than the root of SF, this would then more or less give you what you want.

Don't forget you can also copy and paste Super Folders as simple links into other folders within Super Favourites.
I'm new to SF and really enjoy using it so far with my fireTV.

When I right click to save something, I only see the "save to SF" option..

Can I still use the regular Kodi "save to favorites" option?

If so, how do I get the regular kodi favorites option back on the menu when I right click?

Thanks for any help.