Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@buzzbros2002 - your install has various piracy addons and repos installed (orange in the debug log addon list). Those would have to be completely removed before any assistance is available here as per the forum rules (wiki).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hi,
Does Super Favourites work with Kodi 20.2 on Android (Nvidia Shield TV)? If so, where can I find the latest version?
As far as I can see the author 'spoyser', hasn't updated the program for a while; at least in the official repository at 2021 Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki) the author did enjoy the forum in July of 2023 and according to user buzzbros2002 an update fixed his issue. I suggest after ensuring you are comfortable with a back-up, install and tell all of us how it went. I was a regular 'Super Favourites' devotee until some complexities entered my set-up. Running well; this pushed favourites into new areas.

Using a quick Google it appears that there is a specific repository available. A little more snooping around Depends On:xbmc.python (>= 2.14.0) which might preclude anything past Leia.
I've installed Super Favourites (2.3.4) on two Kodi devices: A Nvidia Shield TV and a Firestick. Both running Kodi 20.2, using the Estuary skin.
On the Shield, if you try to add something to Super Favourites (right click on item/Super Favourites Menu), you get a popup window saying 'Current Window ID 10502 for a music item, 10000 for movies & TV. If you press OK, you just get a black window with nothing displayed in it.
On the Firestick, you just get an empty black box displayed.

So I suppose the answer is, no, it doesn't work in Kodi 20.2 on these devices. Which is a shame.
super favorites v2.3.4 works for me on nvidia shield v20.2

i installed it from the jmooremcc repo here: https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc

the github is kind of a mess so you'll have to download and extract the archive which has the actual repo archive inside
Anybody else having instant crashes on the latest 2.3.5 version of superfavorites im on Kodi v21 and this is the only version thats crashing atm went back to 2.3.4 its flawless
I'm on Kodi 21 and 2.3.5 isn't working for me. I had to go back to 2.0.10
@max0530 wow I wonder why you had to go back so many versions brother
(2023-09-30, 16:43)gemini88 Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody else having instant crashes on the latest 2.3.5 version of superfavorites im on Kodi v21 and this is the only version thats crashing atm went back to 2.3.4 its flawless

yea same here - there have been issues opened on the github page
Same issue for me with 2.3.5. Only way to fix it is to go to SuperFavourite settings/ Location of Superfavourite folder, and set that path to the plugin.program.superfavourites folder in addon_data. Then it will open normally.
v2.3.6 was just released to fix this issue...
V2.3.7 is out or at least that's the version it says I'm running, but it seems to not work properly for me at least.
Some of it is working but other parts seem to not be working as they should, it could just be I don't know what I'm doing.

I'm running KODI 20.2 on Windows 10, with default skin, newly installed and only one video addon and SF, but when I enable global SF menu and click on SFMenu, on the context menu, it just goes straight back to the context menu like nothing happened.

Hope spoyser's listening Smile
Just an FYI
Strange that something as simple as creating a folder within Favorites isn't native to Kodi
So guys I take it "super favourites" won't work with Kodi Omega beta2 .. why can't kodi team just implement this properly within its own repulsory Huh..

I've looked at it no longer listed at all I use Nvidia Shield Pro 2019.

If anyone has this working on this edition how do you get it to work Huh
(2023-10-11, 14:13)hal900 Wrote: [ -> ]V2.3.7 is out or at least that's the version it says I'm running, but it seems to not work properly for me at least.
Some of it is working but other parts seem to not be working as they should, it could just be I don't know what I'm doing.

I'm running KODI 20.2 on Windows 10, with default skin, newly installed and only one video addon and SF, but when I enable global SF menu and click on SFMenu, on the context menu, it just goes straight back to the context menu like nothing happened.

Hope spoyser's listening Smile
Just an FYI

This Superfavorites Global memu option has been broken for some time, but the add to Superfavorites option Context works fine, thats all I really use anyway, so never bothered to ask.