Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-07, 18:40)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-07, 15:52)linorg Wrote: [ -> ]First off, great work on a wonderful addon:-) This is probably the best organizer addon for Kodi out there!

Recently my OpenELEC 5.0.8 installation (Kodi Helix 14.2) Super Favorites has stopped to override the Context Menu. I have updated Super Favorites to the latest version 1.0.30.1 from your personal repo, without success.
Any ides on how to proceed troubleshooting this?

Regards, linorg

Can you confirm if the normal menu appears or if you just don't get any menu?

Also can you enable debug mode in SF settings, then try and open the menu and if you get a dialog appear let me know what number is in it.

Also are you definitely on Helix and not Isengard?

Spoyser,
1) Yes, it is the normal menu appears.
2) SF Debug is enabled. I assume that the number in the dialog window you are requesting is only shown in the Super Favorites context menu and not the normal menu.
3) I am on Helix 14.2 (OpenElec5.0.8 running on RPi B+).

In the kodi.log file I can see that the Context Menu is launched.
17:37:03 T:1968644096 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 5423974:0000000000f9aa55 00 KEY_MENU lircd (KEY_MENU)
17:37:03 T:1968644096 DEBUG: OnKey: 247 (0xf7) pressed, action is ContextMenu
17:37:03 T:1968644096 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogContextMenu.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
17:37:03 T:1968644096 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------

I have tested with the current versions Confluence standard skin and re-Focus.

Regards, linorg
(2015-05-12, 18:29)linorg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-07, 18:40)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-07, 15:52)linorg Wrote: [ -> ]First off, great work on a wonderful addon:-) This is probably the best organizer addon for Kodi out there!

Recently my OpenELEC 5.0.8 installation (Kodi Helix 14.2) Super Favorites has stopped to override the Context Menu. I have updated Super Favorites to the latest version 1.0.30.1 from your personal repo, without success.
Any ides on how to proceed troubleshooting this?

Regards, linorg

Can you confirm if the normal menu appears or if you just don't get any menu?

Also can you enable debug mode in SF settings, then try and open the menu and if you get a dialog appear let me know what number is in it.

Also are you definitely on Helix and not Isengard?

Spoyser,
1) Yes, it is the normal menu appears.
2) SF Debug is enabled. I assume that the number in the dialog window you are requesting is only shown in the Super Favorites context menu and not the normal menu.
3) I am on Helix 14.2 (OpenElec5.0.8 running on RPi B+).

In the kodi.log file I can see that the Context Menu is launched.
17:37:03 T:1968644096 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 5423974:0000000000f9aa55 00 KEY_MENU lircd (KEY_MENU)
17:37:03 T:1968644096 DEBUG: OnKey: 247 (0xf7) pressed, action is ContextMenu
17:37:03 T:1968644096 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogContextMenu.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
17:37:03 T:1968644096 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------

I have tested with the current versions Confluence standard skin and re-Focus.

Regards, linorg

Looks like it isn't even trying to launch the SF menu. First can you try disabling the menu, rebooting, re-enable, reboot, and see if that helps.

Failing that I will have to look into it some more.

One think you can try, set the Quickstart hotkey to Programmable, then program your context menu key to that and see if that works to start up SF.

Edit
Can you try this and let me know if it works.
Open the super_favourites_menu.xml file in the kodi/userdata/keymaps folder and immediately after this line:

Code:
<key id="61584">XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</key>

can you add this

Code:
<key id="247">XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</key>
(2015-05-12, 15:23)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]settings>skin>menu>video

Can't really work out where this is, can you explain in detail how to get there from the Kodi home screen.

One thing I have done is create a Super Favourite link to the sdcard though, and also a Super Favourite to a video on the sdcard, which I think is what you are saying doesn't work.
(2015-05-12, 20:54)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-12, 15:23)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]settings>skin>menu>video

Can't really work out where this is, can you explain in detail how to get there from the Kodi home screen.
Sure, in the skin T! SVN hit; the settings button: in settings hit the skin settings option; the slide out menu on the left should give you an option's one of which is Menu; as sub menu of this you will see option for the video button; toggle the submenu for 'Folder 1' and create a path to ANY driver letter;folder and it will appear on the homepage submenu under the video button. Once toggled, anything in this newly created list can be a SF, at least in V1.0.25

Quote:Super Favourite link to the sdcard
Sounds the same, is this SF v1.0.31? if so I'll retry this version and edit message. sec.. OK just re-installed and yup, it's a no go, the links don't work in v1.0.31 (just wondering if I should do a clean wipe of SF and re-start?)

There is something a bit strange regarding SF and the links, it looks like eg "F:/TV Shows Off-Line" links don't work, and bounces me back to the library window This all seems to work nicely with V1,0,25, I recreated the drive links to the offline files and they seem to work, so it appears in the move 'up' in versions might be the culprit. I've tried other links and mostly old links to those drives are out of commission and I'll have to re-do them.
(2015-05-13, 03:04)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]There is something a bit strange regarding SF and the links, it looks like eg "F:/TV Shows Off-Line" links don't work, and bounces me back to the library window This all seems to work nicely with V1,0,25, I recreated the drive links to the offline files and they seem to work, so it appears in the move 'up' in versions might be the culprit. I've tried other links and mostly old links to those drives are out of commission and I'll have to re-do them.

So you're saying new links works, old ones don't - is that correct?

Can you have a look at what the links look like in version 1.0.25 and 1.0.31 and post them both here.

Version 1.0.31 uses the xbmcvfs module for all the file handling so it *should* be better, but clearly something is going wrong here.

Can you also confirm your operating system and which version of Kodi you are running.
Quote:So you're saying new links works, old ones don't - is that correct?
Yes, that's it. I'm a bit short for time at the moment, but I'll dig into this and get back to you.
(2015-05-13, 03:04)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, in the skin T! SVN hit; the settings button: in settings hit the skin settings option; the slide out menu on the left should give you an option's one of which is Menu; as sub menu of this you will see option for the video button; toggle the submenu for 'Folder 1' and create a path to ANY driver letter;folder and it will appear on the homepage submenu under the video button. Once toggled, anything in this newly created list can be a SF, at least in V1.0.25

When I toggle the submmenu for Folder 1 I only get the option to set the name and button,how do "create the path to a drive letter?"
(2015-05-13, 20:18)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-13, 03:04)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, in the skin T! SVN hit; the settings button: in settings hit the skin settings option; the slide out menu on the left should give you an option's one of which is Menu; as sub menu of this you will see option for the video button; toggle the submenu for 'Folder 1' and create a path to ANY driver letter;folder and it will appear on the homepage submenu under the video button. Once toggled, anything in this newly created list can be a SF, at least in V1.0.25

When I toggle the submmenu for Folder 1 I only get the option to set the name and button,how do "create the path to a drive letter?"
Manually type in the drive letter & folder. (I'm unsure if past variants allowed for the file browser) but yes just type in the path.

OK so I pulled four representative links, the first two don't work in V1.0.31 (created in V1.0.25) while the third & fourth where created anew as tests and do work, taken from the same sub file in SF and link to the same location in two different drives. As a new user perhaps, it's operator error? Oh.. shoot could it be the fanart hashes?

V.1.0.25 created with
<favourites>
<favourite name="[COLOR pink]TV Series finished (Drive TSmile[/COLOR]" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;T:\\TV Shows (offline,return)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DT%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
<favourite name="[COLOR aqua]TV Series finished (Drive MSmile[/COLOR]" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;M:\\TV Shows (offline,return)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DM%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V.1.0.31 created with
<favourite name="Test TV Shows (offline)" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;T:\\TV Shows (offline)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DT%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
<favourite name="Test TV Shows (offline)" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;M:\\TV Shows (offline)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DM%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
</favourites>

Windows 7/64 Kodi 4.2 Skin T! SVN
(2015-05-14, 01:55)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]OK so I pulled four representative links, the first two don't work in V1.0.31 (created in V1.0.25) while the third & fourth where created anew as tests and do work, taken from the same sub file in SF and link to the same location in two different drives. As a new user perhaps, it's operator error? Oh.. shoot could it be the fanart hashes?

V.1.0.25 created with
<favourites>
<favourite name="[COLOR pink]TV Series finished (Drive TSmile[/COLOR]" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;T:\\TV Shows (offline,return)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DT%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
<favourite name="[COLOR aqua]TV Series finished (Drive MSmile[/COLOR]" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;M:\\TV Shows (offline,return)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DM%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V.1.0.31 created with
<favourite name="Test TV Shows (offline)" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;T:\\TV Shows (offline)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DT%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
<favourite name="Test TV Shows (offline)" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;M:\\TV Shows (offline)\\?sf_options=fanart%3DM%3A%5CTV+Shows+%28offline%29%5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>
</favourites>

Windows 7/64 Kodi 4.2 Skin T! SVN

Right, I can see the error (not sure how it happened but not to worry about that).

I'll sort out a fix and post a file on dropbox for you to try, if that is okay?

(it is the rogue return before the sf_options parameter)
No issues, if it's easier to just re-do the links I would do that, but the version in the official repro now is V1.0.25 and local links are comparable, but not 'out-of-the library', it's kinda of a bug only if you use those kinds of links.

dropbox is fine (I'm out for the day), might be easier to do a search & replace on my end?
(2015-05-14, 15:32)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]No issues, if it's easier to just re-do the links I would do that, but the version in the official repro now is V1.0.25 and local links are comparable, but not 'out-of-the library', it's kinda of a bug only if you use those kinds of links.

dropbox is fine (I'm out for the day), might be easier to do a search & replace on my end?

Once stable my plan is to push to official repo again.

And the only current issue I know of is this one Smile

Search and replace might be easier, as that is how in would fix it any way.

You can tell the difference between the ,returns you want and those you don't by the fact that the ones to keep have ;quot before them so replace those first to say SFFIX then replace the dodgy ones with nothing, then replace SFFIX back to what it should be.
spoyser, just wanted to thank you for a great add-on that really ties my Kodi setup (on my FireTV) together. Such a great tool. It has the unique appeal of making other add-ons even better.

I just updated to the latest version from your repo and it's working great. Thank you!
(2015-05-14, 15:32)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]No issues, if it's easier to just re-do the links I would do that, but the version in the official repro now is V1.0.25 and local links are comparable, but not 'out-of-the library', it's kinda of a bug only if you use those kinds of links.

Right new file here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...vourite.py

Install 1.0.31 and then overwrite with that file

That should fix the upgrading to 1.0.31 of your old style links, and also patch any of the broken ones.

Let me know how you get on.
(2015-05-14, 22:16)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]That should fix the upgrading to 1.0.31 of your old style links, and also patch any of the broken ones.
I don't know how you did it, but it all works now... Is this a 'special' version, and should I over time replace these links?

I hate to do this to you, after all your effort and such a great add-on.... but you must know; a small bug.. When in Ronie's 'search' from the T! home screen you get a listing of various covers searched, with a right mouse button on the target a small requester pops up with the options to open the information screen or play the trailer. Well this small requester is hidden behind the graphics and is unassailable to click the choices. You can still see the small requester.. but just barely, it seems to shimmer or strobe and this bug only shows up If the "enable glocal SF menu" is on. I tried to screen grab it... but it doesn't show up Sad

See how I make work for others Smile many thanks...
(2015-05-15, 03:48)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-14, 22:16)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]That should fix the upgrading to 1.0.31 of your old style links, and also patch any of the broken ones.
I don't know how you did it, but it all works now... Is this a 'special' version, and should I over time replace these links?

I hate to do this to you, after all your effort and such a great add-on.... but you must know; a small bug.. When in Ronie's 'search' from the T! home screen you get a listing of various covers searched, with a right mouse button on the target a small requester pops up with the options to open the information screen or play the trailer. Well this small requester is hidden behind the graphics and is unassailable to click the choices. You can still see the small requester.. but just barely, it seems to shimmer or strobe and this bug only shows up If the "enable glocal SF menu" is on. I tried to screen grab it... but it doesn't show up Sad

See how I make work for others Smile many thanks...

Can you enable debug in SF settings and then try to bring up the context menu, then let me know what window ID it reports.

Don't worry about replacing the links, I have pushed the fix to the latest version 1.0.32 - now available.

With regards linking to folders outside of Kodi sources, you can actually do it in any skin directly within SF (from 1.0.31 onwards);

Select Create new manual entry from the SF context menu
Enter a display name
Select ActivateWindow as the type
videolibrary for window ID (or 10025)
path to folder as command, eg c:/temp

Simple eh?