Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I am having an issue with YouTube and Super Favourites. Super Favourites looks great btw. It's been awhile since I've used it, and love the new features.

Super Favourites itself is working fine, except for YouTube. When I create a folder for my YouTube subscriptions, it creates everything fine, but when I go to play any item I get the following error.

Exception in content provider
'mapping for path/channel/sfjdsklfjssjfldjsfdsjflsjdff' not found

The "jslfsjfkjdskjfdlsjkssksks" is just a random numerical sequence different for each subscription

Any idea why this is occurring? Thank you in advance.
I think the YouTube add-on is broken. Have a look on its thread I've had error messages related to it and had to disable it on my systems.
(2016-02-24, 09:56)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the YouTube add-on is broken. Have a look on its thread I've had error messages related to it and had to disable it on my systems.

Yes, thank you. I've read the thread. I am using version 5.1.17 fix which Featherence posted @ post 3159. The subscriptions load okay for me within the plugin.
This is an awesome addon but I'm hopeless at it.

Is it possible to randomly play (or even play) Super Folder of the different cartoons I've added from Funnier Moments?

For example I added the entire Care Bears and Captain Planet folder to "favourites", then move them to Super Folder.
But nothing happens when I click "Play Super Folder".

ps: The "add to library" doesn't work either for Funnier Moments.

Really want to create a playlist playing a selection of cartoons randomly that is child age appropriate.
(2016-02-24, 16:27)mongji Wrote: [ -> ]This is an awesome addon but I'm hopeless at it.

Is it possible to randomly play (or even play) Super Folder of the different cartoons I've added from Funnier Moments?

For example I added the entire Care Bears and Captain Planet folder to "favourites", then move them to Super Folder.

Really want to create a playlist playing a selection of cartoons randomly that is child age appropriate.

You would need to add the individual cartoons to the Super Folder, it will then play them correctly.

OR, have you tried the "Kids Time" option in Funnier Moments, that will play a random selection of Cartoons. This item can also be added to Super Favourites if you want (it can also be added to a Super Folder should you wish - which could be set to autoplay)

But what you probably want is this (and most of this is standard Kodi functionality - so worth learning):
In Funnier Moments when you have a list of cartoons showing, open the context menu and select 'Play from here', this will create a playlist of the whole list and then start playing the cartoons in order. While the video is still playing, open up the sidemenu and select 'Current Playlist', then open the sidemenu again and select Save, this will then save a playlist containing all the cartoons.
(Optionally in the Super Favourites settings on the Advanced page, ensure that the "Automatically play playlists" item is enabled.)
Then go back into Super Favourites, and select the iPlay option (near the top), you will then see a list of all your playlists including the one you have just created, you can play them from here, or open the context menu on the playlist you are interested in and select 'Add to Super Favourites' and play them from Super Favourites itself.

By the way its a lot easier than it sounds - and well worth learning how to do it!!
(2016-02-24, 02:41)scoobydooami Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. I am having an issue with YouTube and Super Favourites. Super Favourites looks great btw. It's been awhile since I've used it, and love the new features.

Super Favourites itself is working fine, except for YouTube. When I create a folder for my YouTube subscriptions, it creates everything fine, but when I go to play any item I get the following error.

The "jslfsjfkjdskjfdlsjkssksks" is just a random numerical sequence different for each subscription

Will take a look
(2016-02-24, 19:26)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-24, 02:41)scoobydooami Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. I am having an issue with YouTube and Super Favourites. Super Favourites looks great btw. It's been awhile since I've used it, and love the new features.

Will take a look

Thank you! I have a ton of YouTube subscriptions and have been trying to set them up according to genre ( eg: Food channels, Game channels, etc..) as the YouTube plugin does not do that, so going through all of the channels can be quite tedious. The actual YouTube website used to allow you to create subscription categories, but no more, and Kodi never reflected those categories anyway.
(2016-02-24, 19:25)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-24, 16:27)mongji Wrote: [ -> ]This is an awesome addon but I'm hopeless at it.

You would need to add the individual cartoons to the Super Folder, it will then play them correctly.

OR, have you tried the "Kids Time" option in Funnier Moments, that will play a random selection of Cartoons. This item can also be added to Super Favourites if you want (it can also be added to a Super Folder should you wish - which could be set to autoplay)

But what you probably want is this (and most of this is standard Kodi functionality - so worth learning):
In Funnier Moments when you have a list of cartoons showing, open the context menu and select 'Play from here', this will create a playlist of the whole list and then start playing the cartoons in order. While the video is still playing, open up the sidemenu and select 'Current Playlist', then open the sidemenu again and select Save, this will then save a playlist containing all the cartoons.
(Optionally in the Super Favourites settings on the Advanced page, ensure that the "Automatically play playlists" item is enabled.)
Then go back into Super Favourites, and select the iPlay option (near the top), you will then see a list of all your playlists including the one you have just created, you can play them from here, or open the context menu on the playlist you are interested in and select 'Add to Super Favourites' and play them from Super Favourites itself.

By the way its a lot easier than it sounds - and well worth learning how to do it!!

omg! THANK U!
I nearly banged the wall trying to figure it out myself.
Never knew about creating a playlist from 'Play from here' method.
Thanks for teaching me something new!
and can't thank you enough for your amazing addons Laugh
Hi Spoyser,

Just dropped in to say: thanks so much for the Infolabel & languagestring compatibility, I've been using it a lot and it is truly awesome (think I did recently notice an error when using Czech because of non-unicode characters but I think I just need to set the appropriate character set). And it makes custom iSearchlists real easy to setup so that was multiple birds with one stone as far as I'm concerned.
(2016-02-09, 01:28)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-08, 21:29)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-08, 21:20)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ive been looking for a way to search multiple addons with one search. For example if I want to search for a specific movie it would be awesome to be able to search multiple movie addons at once. I cant find a way to copy and paste a movie title and move from each addons search feature. I also havent found a way for any Kodi keyboard to show recent search history. I like how NaviX keyboard shows history. So I finally found the isearch feature in the Super Favorites which is close to what im looking for, but only seems to search a few things. I looked for ways in Super Favorite setings to link other video addons searches to isearch but didnt see any way. Is there any way to add more video addons to the isearch feature?? Or has anybody figured out a way to add more addons to the isearchHuh
This is would be a huge deal since its such a pain to use the click by click on screen keyboard to go from addon to addon searching for a particular movie. Thanks!

Have u tried the version from my repo? It is a bit more up to date.

I have v1.0.46.1, so I assume it harder than I think to add more addons to the list correct??
Ok, another question, so i did a search for Minions for example. Ok, then it just brings me to the list like in the screenshot. If i click on any one of them in the list it does nothing, how do i see the results of the search?

Long time Kodi user, SF NOOB. How do you get SF to integrate to installed Add-ons to return the results you have? I have similar add-ons but iSearch never returns anything. A little guidance would be appreciated. P.S I'm using 1.0.48
@zivodevo

I was just playing with this and it's pretty easy! You just need to edit the favourites.xml to include the addons you want. I just added Quasar to mine so I will use it as an example.

You can find the favourites.xml in your homefolder\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\S.
Open the xml file and you will see all of the iSearch options available.

I just added a couple of lines to the top based on the Pulsar formatting (Quasar is a fork). I simply changed Pulsar to Quasar and done! You may need to play with the string formatting depending on the addon you want to add.

Code:
<favourite name="Quasar TV Shows" thumb="special://home/addons/plugin.video.quasar/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.quasar/shows/search?q=[%SF%]&amp;sf_options=fanart%3Dspecial%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%5Cplugin.video.quasar%​5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>

<favourite name="Quasar Movies" thumb="special://home/addons/plugin.video.quasar/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.quasar/movies/search?q=[%SF%]&amp;sf_options=fanart%3Dspecial%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Faddons%5Cplugin.video.quasar%​5Cfanart.jpg%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>

Hope this helps! Big Grin
Hey everybody, I just started playing with the Super Favourites addon and I'm very impressed by how powerful this thing is!

I've been messing with the iSearch function which is awesome to jump into another addon looking for a good streaming source for a movie but doesn't work very well if you are looking for a particular episode. Since the search is based on whatever text is highlighted you wind up with a pretty poor search term... I'm also finding that most addons that segment their movies from tv shows don't return results if you search for "Show S01E02" so basing the search on the file name (my first idea) won't work.

So I'm not sure if what I'm looking for can be achieved (or is just too damn difficult to even attempt!) but ideally I would like that if, let's say I'm away from home so my NAS isn't available, but I would like to watch a show from my library that I could use iSearch to return just that episode from the addon I choose. So essentially we would need from the library "Show / Season / Episode" and know how to properly form that string so the addon returns the correct episode in the addon... easy right!? okay maybe not Smile

Oh and before anybody says it I realize I can back out to the the show title then do the iSearch and drill back down the episode, I would just prefer to streamline the process!
(2016-02-29, 22:15)loki131 Wrote: [ -> ]@zivodevo

I was just playing with this and it's pretty easy! You just need to edit the favourites.xml to include the addons you want. I just added Quasar to mine so I will use it as an example.

You can find the favourites.xml in your homefolder\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\S.

I just added a couple of lines to the top based on the Pulsar formatting (Quasar is a fork). I simply changed Pulsar to Quasar and done! You may need to play with the string formatting depending on the addon you want to add.

Hope this helps! Big Grin

@loki131. Thank you! That has got me on the right track. I noticed Spoyser has a favorites.xml located here so I sucked that into the 'S' folder prior to posting on this forum but to no avail. I'll now try your method and report back. Thanks again.
(2016-03-01, 00:41)zivodevo Wrote: [ -> ][quote='loki131' pid='2264000' dateline='1456776926']
@zivodevo

@loki131. You seem to indicate that the xml located in the 'S' folder is already populated with iSearch options? Mine is blank. I've tried adding two add-ons search strings to the xml and although they appear now under the iSearch results page, opening each one in turn asks me to re-enter the search criteria. Am I missing something?
@zivodevo
You may not have the most current version of the addon, I'm on 1.0.48. I would suggest getting it directly from spoyser's repo. I wouldn't think that would cause issues but I just started using this addon...

The favorites.xml file you linked looks identical to what I found in my S directory so if you drop it in there it should work without any modification. Then you can delete the ones you don't want or add additional ones. Personally I'm struggling to get the syntax correct for another addon I want to search Sad