Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First thanks for this great addon.

With the latest version 10.0.40.2 I'm having an issue the Import from remote server.

What I did was create a shortcut in all my lists to the 'Import from Remote Server' option so I could easily update my lists on different devices and for my dad who is technically challenged Wink

It worked fine until the new version..now it just updates constantly in a loop and I can't get out of it without quoting kodi. From the main screen it works but in the list it causes this issue.

Is there anyway to fix this or maybe an option to have import from server added to the top of all lists automatically?
(2015-10-11, 09:13)nUtothis Wrote: [ -> ]First, great work to all involved in this addon.

- I've not been able to figure out how to move, copy or delete multiple files at once. Ex. I'd like to move, copy 10+ files from one folder into another created favorite folder.

I've searched this entire thread and have seen it mentioned but no real answer ... seemed like it was coming in a update but still can't figure it out.

- Also, how can I get a playlist to actually play from one file to the next ... like in a queue type deal. (Can't figure out exactly how to create a functioning queue playlist.)

- I saw a question about a simple fix to "clean up" duplicate files in a created folder ... Was there an option other than deleting obvious duplicates one at a time after alpha sorting?

I'm using a Mac so any additional "Mac" tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

At the moment the only way to block move them is by editing the under lying favourites.xml files.
(2015-10-12, 17:53)nawo69 Wrote: [ -> ]First thanks for this great addon.

With the latest version 10.0.40.2 I'm having an issue the Import from remote server.

What I did was create a shortcut in all my lists to the 'Import from Remote Server' option so I could easily update my lists on different devices and for my dad who is technically challenged Wink

It worked fine until the new version..now it just updates constantly in a loop and I can't get out of it without quoting kodi. From the main screen it works but in the list it causes this issue.

Is there anyway to fix this or maybe an option to have import from server added to the top of all lists automatically?

What do you mean by list, are you referring to the contents of each Super Folder?

Also, how did you actually add the shortcut to each list?

Why do you need it in every list?
(2015-10-12, 18:56)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

What do you mean by list, are you referring to the contents of each Super Folder?

Yes sorry I meant each super folder.

I turned on Show import remote file in options then added that to Kodi Favorite's then moved into super favorites folders.

Because my main headings in Kodi menu go straight to different super fav folders so you don't see the import option unless you go back to the main addon and was trying to make it easy for friends/family's to update.
(2015-10-12, 19:11)nawo69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 18:56)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

I turned on Show import remote file in options then added that to Kodi Favorite's then moved into super favorites folders.

Because my main headings in Kodi menu go straight to different super fav folders so you don't see the import option unless you go back to the main addon and was trying to make it easy for friends/family's to update.

Ah okay I see what you have done.

I will fix that in the next update. If you roll back to 40.1 for now you should be okay.
(2015-10-12, 21:02)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 19:11)nawo69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 18:56)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by list, are you referring to the contents of each Super Folder?

Ah okay I see what you have done.

I will fix that in the next update. If you roll back to 40.1 for now you should be okay.

Thats great...Thank you very much.
(2015-10-12, 18:53)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-11, 09:13)nUtothis Wrote: [ -> ]First, great work to all involved in this addon.

- I've not been able to figure out how to move, copy or delete multiple files at once. Ex. I'd like to move, copy 10+ files from one folder into another created favorite folder.

I've searched this entire thread and have seen it mentioned but no real answer ... seemed like it was coming in a update but still can't figure it out.

- Also, how can I get a playlist to actually play from one file to the next ... like in a queue type deal. (Can't figure out exactly how to create a functioning queue playlist.)

- I saw a question about a simple fix to "clean up" duplicate files in a created folder ... Was there an option other than deleting obvious duplicates one at a time after alpha sorting?

Thanks in advance.

At the moment the only way to block move them is by editing the under lying favourites.xml files.

Ok ... So that's a no on the first question ... What about creating a Playlist/Queue that plays one file to the next?
(2015-10-12, 21:16)nUtothis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 18:53)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks in advance.

Ok ... So that's a no on the first question ... What about creating a Playlist/Queue that plays one file to the next?

Kodi already has playlist functionality.

Let me know how would you want it to work in SF, and I'll take a look.
(2015-10-12, 21:32)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 21:16)nUtothis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 18:53)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment the only way to block move them is by editing the under lying favourites.xml files.

I think I misunderstood your answer. There IS a way, by editing the underlying favourites.xml files ... How is this done?

As far as the playlist question, I haven't been able to get an actual functioning playlist at all so I thought it was a SF issue. I've created a folder with 10 files (episodes) and have not been able to get them to auto play from one to the next.

I usually watch everything from folders that I create with SF so that's why I asked here.
(2015-10-12, 21:38)nUtothis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 21:32)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 21:16)nUtothis Wrote: [ -> ]Ok ... So that's a no on the first question ... What about creating a Playlist/Queue that plays one file to the next?

I think I misunderstood your answer. There IS a way, by editing the underlying favourites.xml files ... How is this done?

The favourite.xml files are stored in sub-folders in the Super Favourites folder set in the settings (if you haven't changed this then it will the plugin.program.super.favourite folder found inside the Kodi user_data folder)

If you look inside one of the files you will see they are just a bunch of XML tags, if you rearrange the order in this file this will be reflected in the UI.
Hi is there a way to copy the whole favorite list into super favorites?
(2015-10-21, 04:39)Jesseaholic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi is there a way to copy the whole favorite list into super favorites?

The favourites.xml files used by Super Favourites are the same format as that used by Kodi, so if you copy (using Kodi fikemanager perhaps) the Kodi favourites.xml file into a folder inside the Super Favourites folder it should automatically work.

The Kodi favourites are already available inside SF in case you didn't realise.
You can use the script URLResolver with Super favorites to add items? If you still can not, is there any future possibility of adding this option? This would facilitate enough to create playlists irrespective of scrapers.
(2015-10-24, 21:03)acamposxp Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the script URLResolver with Super favorites to add items? If you still can not, is there any future possibility of adding this option? This would facilitate enough to create playlists irrespective of scrapers.

Can you explain what you mean and I'll take a look and see what can be done
Hi spoyser,

Hows it going dude, Hope you are well, and all is good, Be sure to let me know when your are over for a few beers Wink

Listen Ive had a couple of ideas Ideas for super favourites one being the choice to add

01|
02|
03| etc etc

to each line at the beginning, and for the second idea I was wondering if I could pm you with the idea. Id love to help out if needed, although its probably too much for me but hey, the offer is there Smile

All the best matey. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a cracking day.