Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-29, 15:44)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-29, 15:39)barcofan Wrote: [ -> ]Again a question is there s list of commands/id's for opening a specific addon option? because the addon in question is locked for calling up it's dialog for favorites etc

Try using the enable global menu in SF settings.

This should then override the addons own menu and allow you to add the section you want directly to SF

Yesss!!Wink you are a genius ofcourse you created this addon and i noticed that if you select an option
You must keep cachin off if you want it to be up to date

Isn't it ironic dog eats dogDevil
(2015-06-29, 19:29)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Try this version
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip
ha heres me thinking you glossed over the feature request so I given up on thinking it would come to fruition.

(2015-06-29, 22:11)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Been playing with this new feature for a while now and I must say I love it!

Any image from any addon can be used, and you don't have to go hunting for it. I should have added this feature months ago (i think you 1st mentioned it over a year ago) especially as it took less than an hour to implement Smile

I've assigned comic thumbnails from my comic strips addon to all my faves, looks well smart!

It can even be used to give thumbnails to your kodi favourites (via the Explore Kodi Favourites option in SF)
COOL!! dam that sounds nice Smile you also have a good memory lol only an hour to implement to? impressive
grr I can't test right now but I can't wait to test it out in the morning and report back

wow never thought about adding thumnails to kodi favourites, thats cool Big Grin goto test that feature!
thanks Sean Smile
(2015-06-29, 19:29)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-29, 10:11)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]I'll like to request a feature if I may.
similar to how you add links to super favourites or any other directory
can you add the ability to add thumbnails and/or fanart to any location
combine this with choose thumbnail and I can more easily change the thumbnail to something I like from another addon

Proper MashUp addon Big Grin

right now I have to manually edit file to achieve this, what do you think Sean?

Try this version
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip

This has a new option on the Global Override menu - "Copy thumbnail and fanart", this will put the 2 images on the clipboard, these can then be pasted onto an item, via the Edit Super Favourites item within Super Favourites - let me know what you think
Big Grin nice! I didn't realise you have to use the "paste thumbnail" to be able to choose the thumbnail. VERY NICE. it was really easy to, really fast. and being able to paste fanart is nice also! I like it.

although how about the ability to set something in the SF addon setting to not only copy to clipboard but to also save/store in a specified location (maybe pictures). I like the option to have more option to paste than the one just provided by clipboard (hence I would use choose thumbnail), other than that Its really fun and simple to customise the addon. haha its almost like playing with crayons for children, I can see theraputic this is Tongue

good job Sean, let me know what you think about the ability to add to local drive inclusive to clipboard thing
I have another idea that you might like
remember this
http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/22309-...Thumbnails

can you add this into isearch (the addon created by ruuk)
(save as Google Images)
now using iSearch you got the whole google images catalogue at a touch of a button, couple this with save thumbail/fanart into clipboard (or even use the addons abillity to save to local space) and then subseqently pasting into a super favourites, we could have infinite options to set thumbnails or even fanarts and not just limited to imigery from other addons. cool right. let me know what you think Smile

I'll give you a use case, I've setup a folder for super heroes movies and want a nice fanart
just have a look what cool amazing imagery is found in google image search for superheroes fanart
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=super+...es+fan+art

imagine able to copy and paste that onto a folder Big Grin
haha it worked, I just tried it, used the copy and paste thumbnail function (using the google image search addon) and was able to add an image that I searched for through the google addon into a super favourites folder, really nice and it really fits well with your copy and paste function as apposed to my save in directory and then look for the directory function I proposed

I think what would make it really cool and great would be to also have the abillity to sidestep the process and streamline

the way I was thinking was to have in global SF context menu the setting
"add thumbnail to Super favourites folder"

then the side directory comes out and somehow you can choose which folder you want to paste the thumbnail to (also something for fanart) ?

just ideas im throwing out, this way you won't have to leave addon and go backward and forwards.either way theres potential to build this feature, I like it the way it is also. good job!
if you want to keep the way things are you could do this
add an option to load Super Favourites addon in SF context menu

now after you copy a thumbnail/fanart you could load SF using context menu, paste superfaourites in the folder you want then just press back (maybe more than once) to get back to the addon that you copyied the thumbnail art (it should work because of the way you can maintain window structure)
I'll let you ponder on the crazy ideas

EDIT I can see why the feature appeals, just realised your not just restricted by using addons thumbnail and fanart, you could grab anything even movie posters or fanart from addons like iplayer, I echoes your words. I really love it lol seems so natural inside this addon

EDIT EDIT maybe have the ability to undue the paste of theumbnail, i.e. get previous thumbnail back
(2015-06-30, 12:38)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]if you want to keep the way things are you could do this
add an option to load Super Favourites addon in SF context menu

now after you copy a thumbnail/fanart you could load SF using context menu, paste superfaourites in the folder you want then just press back (maybe more than once) to get back to the addon that you copyied the thumbnail art (it should work because of the way you can maintain window structure)
I'll let you ponder on the crazy ideas

EDIT I can see why the feature appeals, just realised your not just restricted by using addons thumbnail and fanart, you could grab anything even movie posters or fanart from addons like iplayer, I echoes your words. I really love it lol seems so natural inside this addon

EDIT EDIT maybe have the ability to undue the paste of theumbnail, i.e. get previous thumbnail back

All good ideas as usual, only problem is I'm running out of menu space, and I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for users without too many complicated options.

I might also add the description to the things that are copy / paste able.

Like the Google image search addon and like you say a really good source of imagery!

Adding it to iSearch seems like a sensible thing to do, I'll look at how it is coded and hopefully it will be possible without hacking it.

Do you have a hotkey setup for starting SF? That is a lot quicker than having a start SF on the context menu.
(2015-06-30, 18:31)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a hotkey setup for starting SF? That is a lot quicker than having a start SF on the context menu.
good idea, not currently using it, hoping to set the hotkey with speed dial.
and yes their are lots of options lol so its wise to keep it simple. still great addition to have this feature and. I'll continue using it Smile
feature "View stored bookmarks on screen"
iBookmarks ?
resources
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=111589
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=104740
Big Grin....nah
(2015-06-30, 19:19)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]feature "View stored bookmarks on screen"
iBookmarks ?
resources
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=111589
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=104740
Big Grin....nah

Now you know I don't do feature requests. Wink
lol seriously thanks for your hardwork, I'll keep it shut and let you breadth :p peace
(2015-06-30, 19:57)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]lol seriously thanks for your hardwork, I'll keep it shut and let you breadth :p peace

I was being sarcastic silly Smile
hehe I know I was just saying that I talk alot :p I think I've thrown any idea that went through my mind plus the kitchen sink lol. I think I'll enjoy the summer now, hope you do to Smile
(2015-06-30, 20:13)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]hehe I know I was just saying that I talk alot :p I think I've thrown any idea that went through my mind plus the kitchen sink lol. I think I'll enjoy the summer now, hope you do to Smile

LOL

Google Image Search iSearch item

Code:
<favourite name="Google Image Search" thumb="special://home/addons\plugin.image.google\icon.png">    ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.image.google/?mode=103&amp;name=Search%20icon&amp;page=1&amp;url=q%3d[%SF%]&quot;,return)</favourite>

Small issue at the moment is that it doesn't like spaces Sad so you'll need to manually replace them with %2b for now, eg

Super%2bFavourites

I'll think of neat way of automating that in the next release.
cool Big Grin I'll try it when my family doesnt hog kodi lol
quick question since this is in the official repo are you thinking of adding this as default in isearch and when users click on it, a message come up like "this addon not installed, would you like to install it" similar to iplayer (official in kodi repo)?

also have you tried using the feature?

aren't you missing the > at the end of the code