Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I use MediaElch on Windows 7 64 bit and most of the time via a RDP connection on my lunch break. The new version just gives me a big black window. Seems like its related to this

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-14979

Any chance you can get MediaElch to work in an MS RDP session?

Thanks
And is there any place to download previous versions?

Never mind found an older version on another pc I sometimes use. The older version does not have this problem.
Hi, I've installed MediaElch on Ubuntu 15.04 and when I try to sync the current library configuration on my Raspberry PI 2 with OSMC up and running, I get an error on OSMC about connection failure to a remote server and, of course, I do not see anything on MediaElch. I already checked ip, port, user and password on webserver config of OSMC.

I'm using it in a wrong way ?
(2015-11-05, 22:06)Bogi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I use MediaElch on Windows 7 64 bit and most of the time via a RDP connection on my lunch break. The new version just gives me a big black window. Seems like its related to this

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-14979

Any chance you can get MediaElch to work in an MS RDP session?

Thanks
The bug is also being discussed in the mediaelch forum, no new information, regarding it has been given.
But comet knows about.
First off, Great app Smile

I have a feature request though... I would love the ability to use the "Synchronize to Kodi" feature with multiple Kodi clients.Big Grin

Being the maintainer of 6 individual clients, right now I have to [ Change Host>Queue>Sync ] 6 times for each change...Undecided

Thanks,
-Vlad
(2015-11-08, 13:31)VladTepz Wrote: [ -> ]First off, Great app Smile

I have a feature request though... I would love the ability to use the "Synchronize to Kodi" feature with multiple Kodi clients.Big Grin

Being the maintainer of 6 individual clients, right now I have to [ Change Host>Queue>Sync ] 6 times for each change...Undecided

Thanks,
-Vlad

That should not have to be too difficult. Kodi already offers a solution for that. Big Grin

You can store your media database on a central device (ie. a NAS) and then all devices can connect to that device. Have a look here: click As an added bonus you can for example stop watching a movie in your living room and continue watching in the bedroom. The KODI client there will know where you left off Cool

I have a similar setup. I update my library on a Linux PC with ME, Filebot and KODI and watch my media in the living room Smile

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_
Trying to get music catalog into shape and into kodi. Does this grab any info and correct info or just get the images? Thanks
(2015-11-08, 14:41)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks,
-Vlad

That should not have to be too difficult. Kodi already offers a solution for that. Big Grin

You can store your media database on a central device (ie. a NAS) and then all devices can connect to that device. Have a look here: click As an added bonus you can for example stop watching a movie in your living room and continue watching in the bedroom. The KODI client there will know where you left off Cool

I have a similar setup. I update my library on a Linux PC with ME, Filebot and KODI and watch my media in the living room Smile

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

Yes, this works, Just not in my situation & I do have a centralized NAS & I am using MySQL...Wink

My issues is that I have 6 users/clients, each with their own separate/unique databases & separate kodi boxes Cool

In my case, I would need to be able to add multiple hosts/ips. Ports, UserNames, Pass could all be the same though...

-Vlad
(2015-11-08, 15:25)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to get music catalog into shape and into kodi. Does this grab any info and correct info or just get the images? Thanks

It uses the folder name for lookup.. being artist and album. If it can find a match with this then it scrapes and updates all the information/images that you have preselected with the settings. Including musicbrainz ID. If the name is not correct, or has the wrong one in the .nfo then you can simply type the correct one in the search bar, select the appropriate artist from the found match, and it will replace everything.

This is the only solution I've found for local scraping like this of music. There are a few bugs and many features I'd like to see but I am using it now. I hope enough people donate and provide feedback on this to encourage fast development.
(2015-11-04, 19:29)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 00:25)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to have a centralized actors folder instead of each movie having its own folder?

You should probably ask this question to the Kodi devs. ME adheres to the design decisions the Kodi devs made.

I thought there was already an accepted way to do this? I use metabrowser currently for shows. I tell it to store the actor and .nfo in a central location and it writes a path in the .nfo for each actor thumb to this location. (I actually use a path substitution in it as well. Then when I scrape the folder it loads my images. It's still been working fine with Kodi 16.

I only wish someone made a scraper so I can easily refresh/re-cache any thumbnails I update easily. I recently made the same request for Ember so I could try it.
(2015-11-08, 15:31)VladTepz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-08, 14:41)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks,
-Vlad

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

Yes, this works, Just not in my situation & I do have a centralized NAS & I am using MySQL...Wink

My issues is that I have 6 users/clients, each with their own separate/unique databases & separate kodi boxes Cool

In my case, I would need to be able to add multiple hosts/ips. Ports, UserNames, Pass could all be the same though...

-Vlad

This is still your best solution. The advantages of this are many and there are numerous tutorials for setting this up on Windows and Linux systems. (easier to maintain in my opinion on Linux)

What you can do is install MySQL or MariaDB on one of the Kodi boxes, that is what I used to do. Later, I designated a system just for the database that does not run one of my Kodi clients. It doesn't require much horsepower, but that system will need to be on all the time or the other systems that look to it for the information will have a hissy cow when it's not on. Point all of the clients to the system with the database (including the one running the database) and then you are good to go. After that, you point ME to the system with the database to push the updates. Easy peasy.

I did try to setup MySQL on my NAS4Free system, but it was not working well and since I have a dedicated box that is running Ubuntu that is on all the time, I moved the database there, setup a backup script called AutoMySQLBackup and have not had any issues since.
(2015-11-08, 16:36)beesmyer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-08, 15:25)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to get music catalog into shape and into kodi. Does this grab any info and correct info or just get the images? Thanks

It uses the folder name for lookup.. being artist and album. If it can find a match with this then it scrapes and updates all the information/images that you have preselected with the settings. Including musicbrainz ID. If the name is not correct, or has the wrong one in the .nfo then you can simply type the correct one in the search bar, select the appropriate artist from the found match, and it will replace everything.

This is the only solution I've found for local scraping like this of music. There are a few bugs and many features I'd like to see but I am using it now. I hope enough people donate and provide feedback on this to encourage fast development.

Just downloaded and never noticed the scraper button makes more sense now. Is it supposed to do any folder or file name renaming or no? Update tags and add all that or no? Better using something else for that?
(2015-11-08, 17:10)rmoody Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-08, 15:31)VladTepz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-08, 14:41)_J@n_ Wrote: [ -> ]That should not have to be too difficult. Kodi already offers a solution for that. Big Grin

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

-Vlad

This is still your best solution. The advantages of this are many and there are numerous tutorials for setting this up on Windows and Linux systems. (easier to maintain in my opinion on Linux)

What you can do is install MySQL or MariaDB on one of the Kodi boxes, that is what I used to do. Later, I designated a system just for the database that does not run one of my Kodi clients. It doesn't require much horsepower, but that system will need to be on all the time or the other systems that look to it for the information will have a hissy cow when it's not on. Point all of the clients to the system with the database (including the one running the database) and then you are good to go. After that, you point ME to the system with the database to push the updates. Easy peasy.

I did try to setup MySQL on my NAS4Free system, but it was not working well and since I have a dedicated box that is running Ubuntu that is on all the time, I moved the database there, setup a backup script called AutoMySQLBackup and have not had any issues since.

I guess I'm not getting my setup explained properly...Undecided

-6 Individual users, each with their own Kodi Hardware
-1 MySQL Server, 6, (12 if you count music), Databases
-Each user has their own separate Watched, Resume, etc...

Using 1 Database would work, just not in my case because of everyone's individual/unique Watched, Resume, etc.., status.

-Vlad
Hi Vlad,

Feature request is the only option you'll have then Wink

I'll guess you'd better start campaigning for it Smile

Greetz,

_J@N_
Hi,
Is it possible to stream details or filescanning (Format,Language,...ect) a Bluray.iso file within mediaElch?
I can't find a way to work...I have Mediainfo but not sure how can setting up with the scraper

I know Ember media manager can use a third pary app like virtual clone drive to sync the .iso file witch is great tools
Thanks