Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Komet,
I just started using your app tonight and noticed a few things. I may not be aware of how to handle, or they may not be in the app, please advise...

1) All movies that are direct DVD copies (thus in VOB format) are showing multiple times in the menu... one time for each VOB in the folder. How to fix?
2) No matter how large I make the window, I cannot get all the images to show on the same screen (Clear Art, Poster, etc)... seems that section is not autosizing? This would be nice for those of us with large screens.
3) Is there a way to have it automatically scrape for missing info? I only see the checkboxes to choose each manually? Ember has this and it is very useful.
4) Initial startup and scan is slow - I only have 150 Movies & TV Shows and it takes about 5 minutes before I can use the app. Are there plans to have the lists (titles/locations) stored locally with MediaElch and during start up just do a quick scan to see if anything has changed?
5) the app 'looks' like it hangs after clicking Save... would be useful to have a notification telling us it is still actually doing something Smile

There has to be a way to speed up load, and rescanning. It takes 3-5 min now to start my elch, and 20+ minutes to rescan.
Also, it doesn't seem ME is able to read posters as .png. And why does it still redownload artwork when artwork already exists?
And can you make search be automatic when there's only one match? And could episode search default to autoselect the parent showname?

Livin:
5: Look at the top right corner when you click Save (all).
@Dragen,
ME does not give me any notifications when in the process of saving... only after it is finished do I get the popup in the right corner. And saving can take a few minutes if there are lots of changes... thus, a user might think the app is hung.
Is it possible to add my own scraper (in my own language)? The best would be to allow to connect to XBMC and use it's scraper (no need to write it again) but I don't know if API of XBMC allows for it.
Just a few notes:
  • DVD directories: Make sure your folders are really DVD structures, a parent folder named "VIDEO_TS" is required.
  • Art Widget (Poster/Backdrop/ClearArt etc) will expand automatically in the next version.
  • Issue where MediaElch shows the saving notification to late will be investigated.
  • Posters as png: Check if you added "poster.png" (or whatever) to Settings -> Movies.
  • Artwork will be redownloaded if you checked the Poster/Backdrop/Fanart checkbox in the search dialog (Info to load)
  • Automatic search when there's only one result: No, because you should have chance to pick the information to load.
  • TV Show search already picks the title of the parent show if there's no show title for an episode set.
  • Custom scrapers: Currently not.

Is it possible to ask xbmc to scrape? I for example would like to use filmweb site because it's the most complete site with polish movies.
Looking forward for MySQL to get back Smile on Frodo!

It would be nice in the Movies and TVShows, Concerts tabs to add two buttons with Defaults - 11.0 Defaults - Frodo

and the correct naming convention
Found some bugs:
1) if you select a movie, then search then you swap from thetvdb to imdb some items are unchecked. If you move back the thetvdb the checks are not added back
2) after search the first item is selected

.... just a few ones on my first test
I'm using the Elch on Windows 7 x64, and it's crashing all the time.

Mostly it crashes right after initiating a scraping, but also on choosing genres.

When I restart it, the scraping works without problems. But usually, I experience a crash every 5-10 minutes or so.
There is nothing useful in the debug log. Maybe a Windows Error Report would help?

As much as I like this program, it's almost unusuable for me at the moment.
Since nobody else did report the crashes, the problem might be on my side aswell.
It crashes here too. And considering I'm just starting to readd 400+ movies, and scraping id numbers for 150 shows, the crashing isn't helping.

And the thing about downloading art when art already exists is idiotic at best. Firstly, it's slow. Secondly, many people have spent a lot of time choosing the art, some even made it themselves. Then ME comes along and overwrites it. There's not even a choice to turn off art-downloads for TV. Thirdly, there's the aspect of unnecessary load on the servers. And seeing how incredibly unstable the the*db.com and fanart.tv servers are, it's not exactly helping.

And then there's thing the author said about episodes autosearches. It doesn't. When you manually have to search each episode, because those people over at thetvdb.com are on acid when they make the episode list, it's not really helping when you have to click on the title in a search window every episode.

If you don't believe you have to do this, look at this:

Also, when you choose to scrape movies with posters and fanart, why is ME adding urls to the thumbs in the nfo AND downloads the art? Each defeats the other's purpose.
(2013-01-15, 01:42)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]...is idiotic at best ... those people over at thetvdb.com are on acid...

Dragen at its best? Come on, just stop using MediaElch. You're _again_ just blaming at everyone. Have you actually thought about help improving these free services? When you think the episode ordering at thetvdb.com is wrong, why are you not trying to correct it?

@mfsav2:
I already thought about adding buttons to set the correct naming for Eden/Frodo. But I think when Frodo is released there will be not many people still using Eden...
Sadly, MySQL support won't come back. But maybe there will be a "replacement": Utilizing the JSON RPC service. This needs a running XBMC instance but it's much more easy and I don't have to play around with the databases.
I'll look into your other notes (saving the state of the checkboxes for each scraper is already on the roadmap)
Oh, and, said earlier but again: MediaElch will not overwrite any of your contents (nfo/images) unless you hit the "Save" button. So it's ok to scrape something or download new images just for playing around. These items will be kept in memory and not overwrite your existing images unless you click "Save".
When using the imdb scraper most of the actors images are not being loaded. Not sure if this is a bug or just a limitation of the scraper.

I'm also having issues when I update a poster or backdrop, and sync with XBMC the poster/backdrop is not being updated. All other saved changes are being updated in XBMC. I'm using Frodo, is this some sort or bug or am I doing something wrong?
(2013-01-15, 12:01)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@mfsav2:
I already thought about adding buttons to set the correct naming for Eden/Frodo. But I think when Frodo is released there will be not many people still using Eden...
Sadly, MySQL support won't come back. But maybe there will be a "replacement": Utilizing the JSON RPC service. This needs a running XBMC instance but it's much more easy and I don't have to play around with the databases.
I'll look into your other notes (saving the state of the checkboxes for each scraper is already on the roadmap)
Oh, and, said earlier but again: MediaElch will not overwrite any of your contents (nfo/images) unless you hit the "Save" button. So it's ok to scrape something or download new images just for playing around. These items will be kept in memory and not overwrite your existing images unless you click "Save".

Thank you!

I agree on Eden dismissal but Frodo button would be lovely!

Also I'm ok with the live working XBMC. Only I find very complex to understand the Import XBMC functionality and how it updates (or not) the data Smile so any direct link may help me more!

M
I scraped manually most of my simpsons season entering Season # and Episode # one by one, everything's fine in mediaelch but xbmc does NOT recognize all seasons. why ?

is there a setting in xbmc with .nfo I should toggle ?
I even synched using the builtin "xbmc" feature (you need a way to use user/password with web client)

I've started using ember but hasn't got italian for scraper and most of all it's impossible to "manually" link file to episode.
Hi Komet,
sorry to get back to this question, but would it be possible to have the list of video sorted with regardless of capitals ( case insensitive sort ) ?
it would be easier to navigate through the movielist, without jumping around based on capital letters.

a quicksearch function for the list would also be a nice add on :-)

Beside that everything is working stable here ( no chrashes, macversion ).
Still waiting for some old requests, like multiepisode, ...... but i know that we have to wait a bit more for that :-)
Best Regards & have a nice weekend.
Linus