Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for fixing the "Open folder location" for UNC paths.

Since upgrading I have noticed a new issue that is most likely something wrong on my end but I'm not sure. When scraping movies the extra art (clearArt, discArt, etc) no longer automatically scrapes. Is there a setting for this I am not seeing?
(2013-04-30, 15:24)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-30, 10:15)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-29, 23:27)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Request: Can you please add in Options Movie Section Set poster and fanart, file naming, preferences?

Thank you for your great work

These settings are already there? "Movie Set poster filename" and "Movie set fanart filename"...

I mean if it is possible to add another naming for set posters and fanart (like the movie poster and fanart) (lets say for movie set poster folder.jpg AND Set_<set name>_1.jpg - as it is on movie posters and fanart))

Will be added in the next release.

(2013-05-01, 06:11)oscillator Wrote: [ -> ]Since upgrading I have noticed a new issue that is most likely something wrong on my end but I'm not sure. When scraping movies the extra art (clearArt, discArt, etc) no longer automatically scrapes. Is there a setting for this I am not seeing?

There are a number of checkboxes in the movie search dialog (on the right), check that you've checked Clear Art, CD Art and anything else you want to download.

(2013-04-30, 23:44)reddevilmeuk Wrote: [ -> ]fab library manager Smile

on windows does the xbmc sync work? mine just seems to sit there and do nothing?!?

Should work. Easiest thing to check if your XBMC is configured correctly and no Firewall blocks the traffic:
Code:
telnet <xbmc ip> 9090
Did you choose the items you wish to sync (right click on a movie, "Add to Synchronization Queue")?
thanks for the quick response..

with f/w off and xbmc using port 8080 i ran telnet IP 8080 and when i hit return it goes to the c: prompt

in mediaelch, i update a film save and then right click add to sync list. i then hit the xbmc button and elect update contents. it just sits at getting contents from xbmc.....

am i missing something?
In most cases it's not port 8080, it's port 9090. MediaElch is not using XBMCs builtin webserver but the TCP interface.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON-RPC_API#TCP
Tried also today to add Local Image as poster (.jpg) but even though i selected the appropriate image, nothing happened.
(is this normal? i mean is it a known bug? if not how can i provide more details in order to fix this)
also is it possible when clicking Choose Local Image the default path should be the selected movie path...?
@solamnic: Please provide some more information: Used OS, where did you try to add the poster (movie, tv show, tv show season, concert). What happened after you selected the image?
(2013-05-01, 18:36)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]In most cases it's not port 8080, it's port 9090. MediaElch is not using XBMCs builtin webserver but the TCP interface.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON-RPC_API#TCP

hey presto... my bad

thanks again, and this is a really great little program Wink
@Komet

Windows 7 64bit,

i cannot add any image (poster, fanart, tv episode image)

I click on lets say poster, then choose local image, then i double click the desired image and nothing happens... (poster is still blank)..

Those images i want to add are donwloaded from tmdb and have in no way been modified by me, and are standard jpg

(2013-05-01, 06:11)oscillator Wrote: [ -> ]Since upgrading I have noticed a new issue that is most likely something wrong on my end but I'm not sure. When scraping movies the extra art (clearArt, discArt, etc) no longer automatically scrapes. Is there a setting for this I am not seeing?

There are a number of checkboxes in the movie search dialog (on the right), check that you've checked Clear Art, CD Art and anything else you want to download.

That was it. Thanks!
Would it be possible to add the >displayseason> & <displayepisode> tags to TV episode NFOs?

There is some info here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...g_XML_data

This allows specials to be displayed in the proper place. It pulls from the TVDBs Airs After Season & Airs Before Episode fields.
(2013-05-03, 02:26)oscillator Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add the >displayseason> & <displayepisode> tags to TV episode NFOs?

There is some info here:

This allows specials to be displayed in the proper place. It pulls from the TVDBs Airs After Season & Airs Before Episode fields.

Manually editing these fields with MediaElch is already possible but you're right, they're not getting pulled from TVDB.
Do you have an example series/episode that I can use to look into this? Because there's not only airsafterseason but also airsbeforeseason. So I want to check if only one of these fields is filled or if there is a case where both fields are filled.
It would be greatly appreciated if you gave us the ability to paste in a link address to a picture when in the Choose an Image dialog box. I have quite a few documentary movies that end up not having a poster on tmdb. I typically just grab a nice 1920x1080 wallpaper that has something to do with the movie. In EMM we can paste a link and it will download the picture. With Elch I have to download the artwork to a folder then point it to the picture via the choose local image button.
(2013-05-03, 21:07)Flinger Wrote: [ -> ]It would be greatly appreciated if you gave us the ability to paste in a link address to a picture when in the Choose an Image dialog box. I have quite a few documentary movies that end up not having a poster on tmdb. I typically just grab a nice 1920x1080 wallpaper that has something to do with the movie. In EMM we can paste a link and it will download the picture. With Elch I have to download the artwork to a folder then point it to the picture via the choose local image button.

I've added this feature request. For now you can also just drag and drop the image.
(2013-05-03, 09:36)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-03, 02:26)oscillator Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add the >displayseason> & <displayepisode> tags to TV episode NFOs?

There is some info here:

Manually editing these fields with MediaElch is already possible but you're right, they're not getting pulled from TVDB.
Do you have an example series/episode that I can use to look into this? Because there's not only airsafterseason but also airsbeforeseason. So I want to check if only one of these fields is filled or if there is a case where both fields are filled.

Thanks for looking into this.

Battlestar Galactica (2003) Specials has examples of each configuration.
(2013-05-03, 09:36)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]

There is some info here:

Doctor Who (2005) has many. Since their christmas specials all take place in the series, yet are specials, they are labled as S00.

A prime example of an episode is S00E02 - The Christmas Invasion. since it is the introduction of the 10th doctor, and hints at later ramifications in the series.