Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I definitly adopt MediaElch. The functionnality and the interface are greats.

I have 2 questions :
- where can i find the nightly builds ?
- how the artwork download with ME can be use by XBMC ?

I have one problem, the extra fanarts for nmy movie are not visible in ME.
When i download some, they disapears when i save the movie.
For TV Shows its OK, any idea ?

Thank you for this soft.
(2013-04-13, 17:44)broutzy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I have 2 questions :

Thank you for this soft.

Hi,

nightly builds are only available for donators.
Extra Artwork (Disc, ClearArt, Logo): Your skin needs to support this kind of arts.

Have you checked "separate folders" for your movie source in MediaElchs settings? Without it saving extra fanarts is not possible.
(2013-04-13, 19:35)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-13, 17:44)broutzy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I have 2 questions :

Thank you for this soft.

Hi,

nightly builds are only available for donators.
Extra Artwork (Disc, ClearArt, Logo): Your skin needs to support this kind of arts.

Have you checked "separate folders" for your movie source in MediaElchs settings? Without it saving extra fanarts is not possible.

OK for the nightly builds, so i have to donate, the system is honest and smart.

I use xbmcbuntu frodo version with aeon nox, who can use the artworks. Perhaps a config on xbmc to use local file because xbmc don't save the artwork in the folder of the film (instead of eden i think).
i confirm, each movie is in a separate folder and a extrafanart folder is present with files but i have nothing in ME.
Strange because the artwork, movie-poster and movie-fanart is OK. i don't understand why it's only for the movies and concerts, tvshows is correct.
Thank you.
One big confusion. I use a MediaElch 1.5 and Openelec 3.0 with XBMC 12.1. "Default filenames for XBMC Frodo" should do a right thing for me, no? But it defaults to logo.png instead of <baseFileName>-clearlogo.png, clearart.png instead of <baseFileName>-clearat.png and disc.png instead of <baseFileName>-discart.png. All these in Movies section. My personal problem or ... ?

And one feature request. Please make search key configurable - either name (as it is now) or an original name. In my case a name is in my local language, but obviously it doesn't work while searching for artwork etc.
(2013-04-14, 00:41)broutzy Wrote: [ -> ]OK for the nightly builds, so i have to donate, the system is honest and smart.

I use xbmcbuntu frodo version with aeon nox, who can use the artworks. Perhaps a config on xbmc to use local file because xbmc don't save the artwork in the folder of the film (instead of eden i think).
i confirm, each movie is in a separate folder and a extrafanart folder is present with files but i have nothing in ME.
Strange because the artwork, movie-poster and movie-fanart is OK. i don't understand why it's only for the movies and concerts, tvshows is correct.
Thank you.

Just to be clear: You have also checked "Separate folders" in MediaElch -> Settings -> Global settings -> "your source" -> third column: "Sep. folders", right?

(2013-04-14, 07:29)ytime Wrote: [ -> ]One big confusion. I use a MediaElch 1.5 and Openelec 3.0 with XBMC 12.1. "Default filenames for XBMC Frodo" should do a right thing for me, no? But it defaults to logo.png instead of <baseFileName>-clearlogo.png, clearart.png instead of <baseFileName>-clearat.png and disc.png instead of <baseFileName>-discart.png. All these in Movies section. My personal problem or ... ?

And one feature request. Please make search key configurable - either name (as it is now) or an original name. In my case a name is in my local language, but obviously it doesn't work while searching for artwork etc.

Feature request recorded Wink

I'm also using OpenELEC 3.0 with Ace (and Aeon MQ4) and they work fine with logo.png/clearart.png. If you want/need the the files to be stored as <baseFileName>-logo.png just change it in the settings.
(2013-04-14, 16:53)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 00:41)broutzy Wrote: [ -> ]OK for the nightly builds, so i have to donate, the system is honest and smart.

Thank you.

Just to be clear: You have also checked "Separate folders" in MediaElch -> Settings -> Global settings -> "your source" -> third column: "Sep. folders", right?

OK i am a moke, i don't see this option.
Funny because all was working except Extra fanart.
Now it's all good and faster too.

Sorry and thank you for your time.
@broutzy: No problem. I need to make this more clear in MediaElch and add a warning/hint why saving extra fanarts is not working.
(2013-04-13, 14:50)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-12, 01:00)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Tried your program yesterday for the first time.. (using Ember) and i really liked it..

Some requests (if they are possible)
a) Can you add an option to use short plot (from imdb) in Movies? (and not full plot)

b) When a file is named Movie.1990.720p program displays 1990 as part of the title. is it possible for the year not to be displayed in title?

a) The short plot is written in the outline tag. I think it's the correct way: full plot in the plot field, simple/short plot in the outline field.

Sorry... but short plot does not occupy the outline field..

Check a movie like twister..

Scrape it and then check the first page in imdb site which displays the short plot and you will see what i am saying..

Imdb short plot:
Bill and Jo Harding, advanced storm chasers on the brink of divorce, must join together to create an advanced weather alert system by putting themselves in the cross-hairs of extremely violent tornadoes.

Media Elch:
Plot: TV weatherman Bill Harding is trying to get his tornado-hunter wife, Jo, to sign divorce papers so he can marry his girlfriend Melissa. But Mother Nature, in the form of a series of intense storms sweeping across Oklahoma, has other plans. Soon the three have joined the team of stormchasers as they attempt to insert a revolutionary measuring device into the very heart of several extremely violent tornados.

Outline:
TV weatherman Bill Harding is trying to get his tornado-hunter wife, Jo, to sign divorce papers so he can marry his girlfriend Melissa. But Mother Nature, in the form of a series of intense storms sweeping across Oklahoma, has other plans. Soon the three have joined the team of stormchasers as they attempt to insert a revolutionary measuring device into the very heart of several extremely violent tornados.

And another request - if possible Smile - make the outline window as big as the plot window Smile
@solamnic: Sorry but I'm not able to reproduce this. Scraping a movie ("Twister") with IMDB (imdbapi.org) shows the plot and outline (short plot) correctly.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?
@Komet

I found out what was wrong...

Had to do 2 scrapings... one with imdb for short overview and one with tmdb for all others

Is it possible in scrapping window to add 2 scrapers .. so you can choose what to scrap from each one of them (since i think tmdb is one way for fanart and poster)?

Or maybe you can change the scraping window .. in a way that you can choose in each field from where to scrap...

lets say Poster : Tmdb ... etc etc..

also is it possible to add option to remove year from title ... after the scraping (you said that it is good for year to be displayed in order for proper scraping... but is it necessary for year to be displayed in title after the scrapping?)

Thank you for your time and your wonderful work
Also i think that Actors (and their roles) are not scrapped properly when using imdb scrapper

and something i didnt find...
if a move or tvshow is not scrapped correctly is there any where where i can put manually the imdb or tmdb or tvdb number of the move or show?
@solamnic:
The year is not appended to the title. Please check that it's not a problem with the scraper itself.
Roles are not provided by imdbapi.org and maybe just a subset of all actors.

Currently you can't use the imdb id to search, just searching by title is supported.
@ komet:
On your german ME-site in "Features": "Integrierter Trailer Downloader" is in the list 2 times.
It was a scrapper thing, you were right (about the displaying year in title)

Can you please also check this:
I tried to load a local image for an tvshow episode, and when i choose it, it appears blank in the ui.
(2013-04-15, 19:26)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]@ komet:
On your german ME-site in "Features": "Integrierter Trailer Downloader" is in the list 2 times.

Thanks! Smile Should be "Integrierter TV Themes Downloader"

(2013-04-15, 19:33)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]It was a scrapper thing, you were right (about the displaying year in title)

Can you please also check this:
I tried to load a local image for an tvshow episode, and when i choose it, it appears blank in the ui.

Is it a jpg image?