Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-09, 01:26)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-08, 23:58)martinconroy Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that's confusing me is how to sync music changes with Kodi. I update artist info etc, and the try to sync these changes, only to find it busy removing tv shows from the database.

Is there a better way to do this?

It's currently not possible to sync music from within MediaElch to Kodi. But this will change with the next (bigger) release.

Ah, ok. So is it just a case that MediaElch will save any images found to the folders and then (presumably) Kodi will pick them up? However ... assume none of the text scraped is passed?
No, MediaElch will save all information in nfo files and Kodi will pick up the information stored in the nfo files. This is the same for movies, tv shows, concerts and music.
There is currently just no builtin function in MediaElch to make Kodi update your music library.
(2015-12-08, 21:03)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Sets management will get a complete overhaul in one of the next releases. Although it should not be slow currently (takes 140ms in my test environment with 873 movies and 136 sets)
140ms Huh With my sets (30-35) it took 2-3min! What can cause this?
There are no speedproblems in my network. I'm connected over Wifi.
Kubuntu 15.10 with Plasma 5.
Quote:KDE Frameworks 5.15.0
Qt 5.4.2, kompiliert gegen 5.4.2)
I'll check if there is something that could cause this slowdown.
(2015-12-09, 14:32)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]No, MediaElch will save all information in nfo files and Kodi will pick up the information stored in the nfo files. This is the same for movies, tv shows, concerts and music.
There is currently just no builtin function in MediaElch to make Kodi update your music library.

OK, that's great - useful to know - so basically if I get Kodi to update from "Local information only" it will pick up the music changes quite quickly?
(2015-12-09, 01:26)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-08, 23:58)martinconroy Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that's confusing me is how to sync music changes with Kodi. I update artist info etc, and the try to sync these changes, only to find it busy removing tv shows from the database.

Is there a better way to do this?

It's currently not possible to sync music from within MediaElch to Kodi. But this will change with the next (bigger) release.

Komet,

One problem I've had with kodi is that it won't scrape local data for artists that only appear in compilations. Meaning if I have an artists folder with music files it will load my local art and nfo data. But if I have an artist that is only on compilations of featured artist. Then kodi will scrape online sources only. The problem is that most these artists won't have online information available. I tried to overcome this by placing a folder for that artist in my collection with the artwork and nfo. But all scrapers I tried ignore this. I placed a feature request in the scrapers to address this. But no response yet. Would the feature you are talking about here to sync the music library directly to kodi be able to overcome this? A possible solution?
@martinconroy: Exactly.
@beesmyer: I've not checked how Kodi deals with artists found in compilations (I'm just feeding some other applications with data from MediaElch). But yes: With the "direct sync to Kodi" I can just insert the artist details into Kodis database through the API.
(2015-12-09, 17:16)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@martinconroy: Exactly.
@beesmyer: I've not checked how Kodi deals with artists found in compilations (I'm just feeding some other applications with data from MediaElch). But yes: With the "direct sync to Kodi" I can just insert the artist details into Kodis database through the API.

Sweet. I anxiously await this feature. I hope it's not too long. I'm user "beesmyer" on the ME board. Just saw this post here and jumped on it.

Thank you.
Anyone having problems with subtitles not getting their language set?
After I load a movie it looks like this.

If I know the order I can fill it in manually and then save and it will be ok, but if I just save, the subs disappear and it seems like there in no subs in the movie.

If I let Kodi do the scraping it will find the right languages name for the subs.
@zepo: Can you manually run mediainfo for this file and post the complete output or send it to me? (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/ if you use the GUI version switch view to text: View -> Text)
Her we go from mediainfo
Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 233720722033247237478142673171705369837 (0xAFD4F945A2055C99AB18F598CC5214ED)
Complete name                            : /Volumes/Media/Bluray/1080p/Villmark 2 (2015)/Villmark.2.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-WASTE.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                                : 6.55 GiB
Duration                                 : 1h 33mn
Overall bit rate                         : 10.0 Mbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2015-12-07 19:37:34
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v8.6.0 ('A Place In Your World') 64bit
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.3 + libmatroska v1.4.4
DURATION                                 : 01:30:08.625000000
NUMBER_OF_FRAMES                         : 447
NUMBER_OF_BYTES                          : 14213
_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP                  : mkvmerge v8.6.0 ('A Place In Your World') 64bit
_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC             : 2015-12-07 19:37:34
_STATISTICS_TAGS                         : BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 5 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 9 567 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 808 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 24.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.257
Stream size                              : 6.13 GiB (94%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 148 r2638 7599210
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=18 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=9567 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language                                 : Norwegian
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
DURATION                                 : 01:33:43.463000000
NUMBER_OF_FRAMES                         : 134963
NUMBER_OF_BYTES                          : 6719784238
_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP                  : mkvmerge v8.6.0 ('A Place In Your World') 64bit
_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC             : 2015-12-07 19:37:34
_STATISTICS_TAGS                         : BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 300 MiB (4%)
Title                                    : Norwegian

Text #1
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : UTF-8
Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info                            : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title                                    : English
Language                                 : English

Text #2
ID                                       : 4
Title                                    : Danish
Language                                 : Danish
Default                                  : No

Text #3
ID                                       : 5
Title                                    : Finnish
Language                                 : Finnish

Text #4
ID                                       : 6
Title                                    : Norwegian

Text #5
ID                                       : 7
Title                                    : Norwegian (hearing impaired)

Text #6
ID                                       : 8
Title                                    : Swedish
Language                                 : Swedish
[/quote][/php]
There was a little typo in detecting the language of the subtitle, its language not languaNge Wink This bug is fixed now.
Cool, Then I guess it will be fine in the next release
(2015-12-09, 16:23)martinconroy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-09, 14:32)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]No, MediaElch will save all information in nfo files and Kodi will pick up the information stored in the nfo files. This is the same for movies, tv shows, concerts and music.

OK, that's great - useful to know - so basically if I get Kodi to update from "Local information only" it will pick up the music changes quite quickly?

martinconry,

you actually don't need to use the "local information only" scraper. It works live video scrapers. I use the universal scraper, have it set to download extra information, and it will scrape and give preference first to my local NFO's then online if I don't have all the data local.
Hi, I am trying to install the 2.4 version on Linux (elementaryOS/Ubuntu 14.04) - I get an error in software center around
"dependency is not satisfiable libqt5core5a >= 5.4.0" - how do I update my libqt5core5a?
Sorry if this is a stupd question, but I am new to linux trying to ditch Windows.. I have googled but can't find I comprehensive guide how to update this library..
thanks in advance for your help!