Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey.the new version file scanner is slow..is take a looong time to scan my folders..even if i only have 1 new movie to add.my collection is 2408 movies and 240 tvshows(11000 episodes)but the 1.0 was not slow..any help?
Disable the Cache.
Is there a .conf-file for ME on Kubuntu 12.10? Can't find it in my home-folder. And "yes" I had a look at all the "dot"-files Wink ME needs loooong to start.

All my Movies and TV-Series are on my NAS (OMV), XBMC has SMB-Access to it. To work with it and ME i had to mount my SMB-share locally with
Code:
sudo mount.cifs //192.168.178.21/Share/ /media/Share/ -o user=xxx pass=yyy

Here are a few feature suggestions beside my suggestions I already posted here:
Especially on Linux/*buntu:
- ME should handle Network-Folders (over SMB)
- store the conf-files in ~/.mediaelch
- rename the binary to mediaelch (_not_ MediaElch), so it's easier to kill with "killall mediaelch" (Tab-Completion doesn't work with "killall m<Tab>)
- Let users DL old Versions, if new ones doesn't work Wink

Thanks for the work on that great programm!

Edit: It just crashed reproducible (Kubuntu 12.10 amd64) - Heres the Log (cut)
ME scanned all my Series with no error
Code:
"virtual void TvShowFileSearcher::run()                                 :" Searching for tv shows done
"void TvShowFilesWidget::renewModel()                                   :" Entered
"virtual void ConcertFileSearcher::run()                                :" Entered
"virtual void ConcertFileSearcher::run()                                :" Searching for concerts done
I started ME, it scanned my Series, then I tried to access my TV-Series -> Crash (every time)
nothing more in the Log.

(2012-10-24, 09:45)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a .conf-file for ME on Kubuntu 12.10? Can't find it in my home-folder. And "yes" I had a look at all the "dot"-files Wink Can't find the log, too. ME needs loooong to start.

All my Movies and TV-Series are on my NAS (OMV), XBMC has SMB-Access to it. To work with it and ME i had to mount my SMB-share locally with
Code:
sudo mount.cifs //192.168.178.21/Share/ /media/Share/ -o user=xxx pass=yyy

Here are a few feature suggestions beside my suggestions I already posted here:
Especially on Linux/*buntu:
- ME should handle Network-Folders (over SMB)
- store the log and the conf-files in ~/.mediaelch
- rename the binary to mediaelch (_not_ MediaElch), so it's easier to kill with "killall mediaelch" (Tab-Completion doesn't work with "killall m<Tab>)
- Let users DL old Versions, if new ones doesn't work Wink

Thanks for the work on that great programm!

Edit: It just crashed (Kubuntu 12.10 amd64) - I can't find the log ...

"No" you have not have a look at all the "dot" files Wink config is in .config/Daniel Kabel/MediaElch.conf
- Handling of network folders won't be implemented, mount them and you're good.
- See above for config file
- MediaElch is MediaElch, not mediaelch Wink
- There are still there, I just don't list them. You can always compile a specific version (they are all tagged) on your own.

If you start MediaElch from a terminal you'll get the debug log printed to stdout.

(2012-10-20, 11:08)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
I today I tried your "MediaElch" on Kubuntu 12.10 64bit - worked as expected.
Here are a few feature suggestions: (didn't read all the posts, so some may be duplicated)
- Option to set the size for Posters, Fanarts etc.
They are very hard to compare
- Option to "Reload" all Folders or a specific Folder (without restarting MediaElch)
If a Folder has changed, you don't have to restart ME
- Have the FanArt as a Background in ME
Below the Content-textfield (Inhalt) theres much (unused) space. There could be a bigger Image of the FanArt or just put the FanArt as a Background for a Movie or TV-Serie.
- Exclude "*-sample"-files from Scan
They are scanned as Episodes :o
- Option to remove a Episode/Serie from the Database

Most of this Features are in "EmberMediaManager" on Win. Maybe you can "borrow" some features Wink
Gerne beschreibe ich alles noch mal auf deutsch Wink

- You can already set the size for images (slider in the left bottom)
- Reload is there in version 1.1
- No.
- Excluding *-sample files is on the roadmap
- Not possible with nfo

And no, I won't borrow anything from Ember...
thx man
(2012-10-24, 09:54)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-20, 11:08)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]- Option to remove a Episode/Serie from the Database
- Not possible with nfo
Maybe an option to rewrite the NFO? Or is the NFO rewritten on "Save" or "Save All"?
(2012-10-24, 09:54)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]"No" you have not have a look at all the "dot" files Wink config is in .config/Daniel Kabel/MediaElch.conf
- MediaElch is MediaElch, not mediaelch Wink
The config for MediaElch should then be in ".config/MediaElch". As the name is not "Daniel Kabel/MediaElch" *justkidding* Wink
(2012-10-24, 09:54)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]- MediaElch is MediaElch, not mediaelch Wink
Linux is case sensitive. All binaries are lowercase. Confused

Crash:
Heres the output of stdout:
Code:
# MediaElch
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
It's reproducible with both Movies and TV-Series. Cache is disabled.

Another issue:
If you have "Movies", hooked up "Sep. Folders" and (for whatever reason) have a single or more AVI, etc. in the Main-Movie-Folder, ME hangs at 98%. I had to kill it and to move all Movies in a separate Folder. This shouldn't happen. Can ME just ignore such Files?

The nfo is rewritten on save.
Qt's default path for configs is .config/company/app. As I'm an individual (and don't have a company), the path is .config/Daniel Kabel/MediaElch.
If you don't like the naming, you're free to rename it.
I'll have a look at this bug.
(2012-10-24, 10:54)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]Qt's default path for configs is .config/company/app. As I'm an individual (and don't have a company), the path is .config/Daniel Kabel/MediaElch. If you don't like the naming, you're free to rename it.
If you don't want to change it, I have to live with it.

Thx for looking into the Bug. Pls tell me, if you need more Infos on that.

(2012-10-17, 11:57)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]All of this maybe later. Wink Media info is now on the roadmap. IMDB: need to clarify if this is legal or not (scraping from the imdb website is forbidden by their terms of service).

Not 100% sure, but scraping from imdb may indeed be a violation of their TOC. Scraping from omdbapi.com/ should be fine though (and basically gets you the same info as a direct scrape).

Would also be great to se trailer download from hdtrailers and youtube on the roadmap.

Thanks in advance!!!
(2012-10-19, 11:30)NorDemoniac Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, so this means that I can't have best of both worlds?

Let's say that my computer crashes, I need to reinstall, I have everything except my library. Then I will have to re-download everything, compared to just fetching it from the local folders (XML). I still would want to be able to edit it in the XBMC library so that everything is updated.

I did fill in something in all the directories etc, and chose a Thumbnails folder (mine is shared). Still nothing. All movies/shows are marked as new, and they contain no images. If I switch to XML, everything is as usual.

XML is OK with me, it's just that I have to remove and re-add the shows/movies to get the newest information in XBMC.

So with v1.1 this won't work anyways?
You'll still have to delete/re-add shows to get updated info?

Btw: Should I delete all my existing jpg/tbn/nfo's before using MediaElch to make it work as it should? I can't get new season posters etc...
(2012-10-27, 06:29)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-17, 11:57)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]All of this maybe later. Wink Media info is now on the roadmap. IMDB: need to clarify if this is legal or not (scraping from the imdb website is forbidden by their terms of service).

Not 100% sure, but scraping from imdb may indeed be a violation of their TOC. Scraping from omdbapi.com/ should be fine though (and basically gets you the same info as a direct scrape).

Would also be great to se trailer download from hdtrailers and youtube on the roadmap.

Thanks in advance!!!

I also think it should be fine to use an external API, so, lets try it out Wink
Trailer downloader will definitely make it in a future release, but don't expect it in the next version.
(2012-10-27, 12:40)NorDemoniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-19, 11:30)NorDemoniac Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, so this means that I can't have best of both worlds?

Let's say that my computer crashes, I need to reinstall, I have everything except my library. Then I will have to re-download everything, compared to just fetching it from the local folders (XML). I still would want to be able to edit it in the XBMC library so that everything is updated.

I did fill in something in all the directories etc, and chose a Thumbnails folder (mine is shared). Still nothing. All movies/shows are marked as new, and they contain no images. If I switch to XML, everything is as usual.

XML is OK with me, it's just that I have to remove and re-add the shows/movies to get the newest information in XBMC.

So with v1.1 this won't work anyways?
You'll still have to delete/re-add shows to get updated info?

Btw: Should I delete all my existing jpg/tbn/nfo's before using MediaElch to make it work as it should? I can't get new season posters etc...

SQL interfaces have not changed in 1.1 and will not change for the near future. Use the nfo files and re-add them in XBMC.
I don't know if there is an easier way, but that's XBMC related and out of MediaElchs scope.

You could keep your existing data, just have a look at the settings and see (some of) the supported filenames for posters, backdrops and so on.
Got some issues with nfo files generated by MediaElch, it seems it doesn't generates it completely.

I'm building my library with movies that can't be scrapped so i need to fill in all the fields my self also fanart and posters etc

But when i save the file it's not complete, look at this sample and check fanart section http://pastebin.com/85uRyqy4
They won't be saved in the nfo, just on your filesystem.
The fanart section in the nfos provides just links to more/different fanarts so you can choose between them within XBMC. The actual fanart is always saved along with the movie as "moviename-fanart.jpg"
Any time frame as to when frodo will be supported? Thanks
(2012-10-28, 15:23)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Any time frame as to when frodo will be supported? Thanks

There should be no problems when using nfo files.