Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the same problem.
Maybe there are some issues with mymovieapi.com? For me the site is down...
Komet, Any chance of an update with a fix for IMDB scraping?
+1
+1
+1
(2014-02-11, 22:31)khaoohs Wrote: [ -> ]Komet, Any chance of an update with a fix for IMDB scraping?

I'm currently building it Wink Daily builds of tomorrow with have a new imdb scraper.
(2014-02-15, 23:53)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-11, 22:31)khaoohs Wrote: [ -> ]Komet, Any chance of an update with a fix for IMDB scraping?

I'm currently building it Wink Daily builds of tomorrow with have a new imdb scraper.

Are there daily builds for Windows publicly available for testing?
(2014-02-16, 20:06)khaoohs Wrote: [ -> ]Are there daily builds for Windows publicly available for testing?

No, I'm sorry. They are available for donators only. But the next official release is not too far away.
(2014-02-17, 00:22)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-16, 20:06)khaoohs Wrote: [ -> ]Are there daily builds for Windows publicly available for testing?

No, I'm sorry. They are available for donators only. But the next official release is not too far away.

How does one get the daily builds after they have donated?
(2014-02-20, 00:48)flipped cracker Wrote: [ -> ]How does one get the daily builds after they have donated?
You should have received a mail with download details. If you have not received the mail please send a mail to [email protected]
WHAT? A new version coming...Ok, now I'm excited. Any sneak peaks on what's new?
(2014-02-20, 18:16)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]WHAT? A new version coming...Ok, now I'm excited. Any sneak peaks on what's new?

http://www.mediaelch.de/changelog/ Wink
Hi komet!

Really appreciating your hard work. Mediaelch is a great piece of software which I use on a regular basis. I have some minor issues with it though:

- The image scraper (for covers etc.) doesn't show any images in default view, i have to select the source manually
- Mediaelch feels really slow sometimes. E.g. when I type a movie title to find a specific movie (e.g. Django) it suddenly gets reset and it searches "ngo" instead. Also, when I click on a movie it takes around two to three seconds until it's actually selected.
- It doesn't remember that the window was maximized the last time. Also, some elements of the window (the movie list for example) don't get enlarged with the window. I have to change the width of the movie list so it will adjust itself to the window size.

These are all minor issues, I still wanted to let you know. I'm on Linux Mint 16 MATE btw.
This software is fantastic, thank you very much for making it and releasing it for people to use. I'm really impressed.

That out of the way, I'm trying to do something that it seems like I should be able to do but can't work out how.

I have a folder full of movies which I have now properly tagged and renamed. I want to have each of these films in its own separate folder, as seems to be the optimal way to structure a media library. The rename function can rename directories but can it put all of my single files into properly named folders with the fanart and nfo files?

In essence converting from the single folder system to the separate folder system. Given that it's the preferred way for most media centres and managers to handle films, if it's not already a feature I think it would make sense to add this and it doesn't seem like a massive modification.

Thanks in advance!

Edit - Lots of messing around later...

I solved this by deleting all nfo, jpg and png files that I had scraped and making sure each item was one individual mkv. I ensured all files were properly named using the rename function, then used the organise function under settings to put each item in a separate folder and set the directory to separate folders. Then I rescraped and everything was just fine. My own mistake.
Hey Everybody!

First of all, huge thanks to Komet for this awesome piece of software. I tried so many different programs, Tiny Media Manager, Media Companion, Ember, Media Center Master....and finally found a great one that I am going to stick with, MediaElch!!

The problem that I am having is that I can't figure out how to get the program to automatically download extra Fan Art. Is this even a feature that is possible with MediaElch?

Thanks!