Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Komet,
i have an issue. narrowed it down to ME...
TV Shows
snip code
Code:
<title>A Certain Scientific Railgun</title>
  <id>114921</id>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
  <genre>Animation / Science-Fiction</genre>
  <imdbid>tt1515996</imdbid>
if i ADD/CHANGE ( by selecting/remove/modify an additional genre from the list, and saving the show),
i lose the id fields....and it puts it further down the nfo file...

snip code
Code:
<studio>Tokyo Mx</studio>
    <tvdbid></tvdbid>
    <id></id>
    <genre>Animation / Science-Fiction</genre>
    <genre>Anime</genre>
    <actor>

If i delete the nfo and rescrape from scratch , i CAN select additional genre fields, and they stay , when i save the show.
also editing / saving eats the imdb field.
Code:
<studio>Tokyo Mx</studio>
    <tvdbid>114921</tvdbid>
    <id>114921</id>
    <episodeguide>
        <url>http://thetvdb.com/api/A0BB9A0F6762942B/series/114921/all/en.zip</url>
    </episodeguide>
    <genre>Animation</genre>
    <genre>Science-Fiction</genre>
    <genre>Anime</genre>
    <actor>

Id rather not need to delete 100+ Nfos and rescrape them , which i already did as it was trashing other programs ( xmbc, MC)

I have a bone to pick with EMM as well, as it takes out the IMDB Field as well, going to post there as well
Huge Bug: 2 Movies have been deleted bei MediaElch Sad

All Movies are on H:\Movies in separate folders, this option is checked in the settings.
  1. I added a new movie there, in a folder with some Movie Title like "Impossible Mission - Protocol Ghost"
  2. Hit STRG+F to find the right movie name. Selected it and saved it after download was complete
  3. Hit Rename -> Simulate = Everything fine. Hit Rename -> Failed!
  4. As a result the movie *.mkv was renamed to "Mission" without extension and a size of 0 bytes.
@Audio.addicted: Known bug, already fixed with upcoming version 1.5. There must have be some special characters in the title which Windows isn't able to handle. Sorry Sad

@strikervi: Fixed in version 1.5

@Temhil, @alspoll: This will be there in 1.5 Smile
Cool, good to know that it is fixed. Will wait for 1.5 until I use it again Wink
@Audio.addicted: Do you remember the exact title of the movie? I think a ":" in the name could have been the problem but I want to double check that everything works and this doesn't happen again
(2013-03-01, 22:19)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@Audio.addicted: Do you remember the exact title of the movie? I think a ":" in the name could have been the problem but I want to double check that everything works and this doesn't happen again

I am not 100% sure, but I think there was a ":" inside the title, like in all "MI:I" movies: "Mission: Impossible - Phantom Protokol".

I've taken a look at you fix https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/commit/41261209f5 and I think it can be improved a bit. I would prefer if MediaElch would make a copy of the original file, try to rename it. If it fails, the original is not lost. Maybe you could call it "Safe Rename" as an option in the settings?, because some users don't want to wait on a copy.

One more Idea (sorry I' am an developer, too Big Grin): You "sanitizeFileName" could try to create a temp file after replacing all "invalid" chars. And check if it could be created and return thas as boolean value Smile
(2013-03-01, 22:25)audio.addicted Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-01, 22:19)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@Audio.addicted: Do you remember the exact title of the movie? I think a ":" in the name could have been the problem but I want to double check that everything works and this doesn't happen again

I am not 100% sure, but I think there was a ":" inside the title, like in all "MI:I" movies: "Mission: Impossible - Phantom Protokol"
I've taken a look at you fix https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/commit/41261209f5 and I think it can be improved a bit. I would prefer if MediaElch would make a copy of the original file, try to rename it. If it fails, the original is not lost. Maybe you could call it "Safe Rename" as an option in the settings?, because some users don't want to wait on a copy.

Copying the file might take too long. Think about BluRays or Full HD mkvs which take several gig's and are stored on a NAS.
I thought about creating a temporary file with the new name. If the file could be created and has the wanted name moving the original one should be save.
Hi,
Can't seem to get extra fanart and images of actors even though it is checkmarked. Also what does "closed images will be deleted on save" mean or do?
@noshali: Did you actually download extra fanart images (button in the lower right, "Add images")?
"Closed images will be deleted on save" means: When you have extra fanarts, they all show up in MediaElchs extra fanarts window with a little "x" mark. If you click on it, the images will be deleted.
Images of actors are saved in a folder ".actors" which is hidden on Linux and Mac OS. Depending on the scraper you use there may be no images available.
Good afternnon Komet,

if i have a vote i would vote against making copy of movies during the rename process. for large BluRay collections this wouldn't be a something that could even come near to a working solution ( 1BR = upto 50GB, 1 3D BR ( unpacked ) = up to 90GB, Collection,Avarage: 95 BR takes 3TB, and lets now talk about 500 BR or even more -> Happy renaming :-) )

Small additional request:
Sometimes people make mistakes, so it would be a good idea to be able to delete some fanart, logo, clear art, cd art, maybe a right click and delete ?right now the only chance is to navigate to the directory and delete it within the OS.

Thx for considering
Linus

PS: i am to shy to ask if we can maybe scrap with 1.5 multipart TV Shows ( DVD 1:1 copies )
(2013-03-02, 17:08)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@noshali: Did you actually download extra fanart images (button in the lower right, "Add images")?
"Closed images will be deleted on save" means: When you have extra fanarts, they all show up in MediaElchs extra fanarts window with a little "x" mark. If you click on it, the images will be deleted.
Images of actors are saved in a folder ".actors" which is hidden on Linux and Mac OS. Depending on the scraper you use there may be no images available.
Ok this is not working for me. I click on a movie and click on Extra fan arts...I then click on add images...a new window opens up and shows me a bunch of images....I click on a few and those few images show up on the bottom of the same screen....I then click on acceot images and that window disappears and the 3 images that I chose show up in the extra fanarts window with little X marks. I click on save and they disappear. Also these donot show up in the actual move folder when I check it in finder or explorer. I am tested this on both windows and mac and the same.
I click some other movie and then click back on the movie that I updated the extra fanart for and have to go through the same process as there are on extra fanarts. Shouldnt there be a folder called extrafanart for this in the movie folder. Please advise where they are being saved. Also, they should show up in the extrafanart tab so that I know which extra ones have been downloaded. It stay blank.
There should be an option in setting on the number of fan art that should be downloaded with each movie. I should be able to say it when tagging movie for the first time rather than going to each movie and selecting extra fanarts.
Thanks.
(2013-03-02, 17:15)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Good afternnon Komet,

if i have a vote i would vote against making copy of movies during the rename process. for large BluRay collections this wouldn't be a something that could even come near to a working solution ( 1BR = upto 50GB, 1 3D BR ( unpacked ) = up to 90GB, Collection,Avarage: 95 BR takes 3TB, and lets now talk about 500 BR or even more -> Happy renaming :-) )

Small additional request:
Sometimes people make mistakes, so it would be a good idea to be able to delete some fanart, logo, clear art, cd art, maybe a right click and delete ?right now the only chance is to navigate to the directory and delete it within the OS.

Thx for considering
Linus

PS: i am to shy to ask if we can maybe scrap with 1.5 multipart TV Shows ( DVD 1:1 copies )

That's right, and the renamer will move files, not copy as it could take ages.
A feature request for deleting images was added, and I'll add something in 1.6.
Handling of multipart episodes hasn't made it into 1.5 but: Definitely planned for 1.6 Wink
@noshali: Did you check "Seperate folders" for your movie sources in MediaElchs settings? Extra fanarts are only possible if movies are stored in separate folders. Seems like I forgot to add a warning message...
You can add the option to edit actors of TV Show manually? Edit in every episode.
I do this with the Ember, more MediaElch is much better for me just missing it and put scrapper to adult movies.
I am having difficulty with the extrafanart also - i have separate folders selected in settings, i accept the extra fanart images and they all appear in the extrafanart window until i press save at which point they all disappear