Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Komet
So happy to read your message - MediaElch is my favourite manager. I am still having issues trying to add season fanart and banners - it worked for a while showing possible images to chose from now it just comes bak with "no images found"
(2013-10-09, 10:48)Chuck Bartowski Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Komet
So happy to read your message - MediaElch is my favourite manager. I am still having issues trying to add season fanart and banners - it worked for a while showing possible images to chose from now it just comes bak with "no images found"

This might happen when TheTvDB has not set the season for the banners/fanarts. A fix is already on the roadmap for the next release Wink
seeing happily that MediaElch isn¡t dead...i want to ask something i posted:
it's possible using MediaElch as portable application?

thanks!
@Komet

mate really glad that you are back Wink
(2013-10-09, 18:29)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]seeing happily that MediaElch isn¡t dead...i want to ask something i posted:

thanks!

Currently not. I've noticed this feature request before but (bad for you..) it's a little bit low priority because it would only affect Windows users and would require some more logic switching. But I'll check how complicated this would be and try to implement it in the next time.
Just a question: A portable application is what? Wink I think the only requirement is that every setting and cache files are stored in the program directory, right?
(2013-10-09, 18:58)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-09, 18:29)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]seeing happily that MediaElch isn¡t dead...i want to ask something i posted:

thanks!

Currently not. I've noticed this feature request before but (bad for you..) it's a little bit low priority because it would only affect Windows users and would require some more logic switching. But I'll check how complicated this would be and try to implement it in the next time.
Just a question: A portable application is what? Wink I think the only requirement is that every setting and cache files are stored in the program directory, right?

well...thx for the answers!...Do you mean it's possible to cut&paste from %appdata% to application folder?
Hello Komet,

Here are two requests to consider for a possible future releases:

1. Allow us to add actors by TV episode instead of only by TV show. That way I can add the guest stars from an episode to the cast list for that episode. Right now I have been adding them by hand in the NFO; a tiresome job. No scrapper I have found recognizes these extra actors in the episode NFO and so effectively deletes my hard work when I save the scrapped NFO.

2. Give an option to collect the actor thumbnails in a single file instead of in a ".actors" file with each TV show.

I think these features would be awesome! Thanks!
(2013-10-09, 23:13)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]well...thx for the answers!...Do you mean it's possible to cut&paste from %appdata% to application folder?

Just a side question: What are you trying to achieve?
Because what I can do (more or less) easily: Let MediaElch check for an advancedsettings.xml in its application folder. Inside this file you can set something like "portableMode -> true" and MediaElch will store it's settings in an ini file and place temporary/cache files also inside this application folder.

(2013-10-10, 05:40)ArcAnjel Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Komet,

1. Allow us to add actors by TV episode instead of only by TV show. That way I can add the guest stars from an episode to the cast list for that episode. Right now I have been adding them by hand in the NFO; a tiresome job. No scrapper I have found recognizes these extra actors in the episode NFO and so effectively deletes my hard work when I save the scrapped NFO.

2. Give an option to collect the actor thumbnails in a single file instead of in a ".actors" file with each TV show.

2. Is this supported by XBMC?
Hello Komet,

Have you seen this suggestion?

(2013-09-03, 22:07)henricos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a suggestion....

Maybe ME could check if posters and fanarts are in the correct aspect ration (like 1000x1500 = 0,6666 for posters, 1920x1080 = 1,7777 for fanarts) and if not, some kind of mark is shown over/near the image.

Media status icons could also be yellow (or any other collor) when the user have a local file with wrong aspect.

And finally, the "correct" aspect ratio of each kind of image should be editable in preferences, so users can have some flexibility.

Well… just an idea…

Henrico

Thanks,
Henrico
@henricos: Yes, I've seen all suggestions and bug reports Wink

Coloring the media status columns when an image has a wrong aspect ratio would require to load and open all images when refreshing the library. This would make the scan really slow...
Next problem would be that some scrapers don't show the "real" resolution when getting the thumbnails and the thumbnails may have a wrong aspect ratio because of the scaling. So a "wrong aspect ratio" mark could only be shown after you've downloaded the full size image.
You see there are many things to consider when checking the aspect ratio. But it's a nice suggestion and I will try to include it.
Quote:Just a side question: What are you trying to achieve?
Because what I can do (more or less) easily: Let MediaElch check for an advancedsettings.xml in its application folder. Inside this file you can set something like "portableMode -> true" and MediaElch will store it's settings in an ini file and place temporary/cache files also inside this application folder.

Yes..that's it.
i'm using MediaElch in three ways:
  • new movies and new episodes. movies in a dedicated HDD and tv-series (another) too
  • movies whole edited and all info obtained in three dedicated folders ("scrapped OK") into three dedicated HDD.
  • movies without completed infos and pending to scrape some items. in three dedicated folders ("scrapped KO") into the same dedicated HDD as before

So, every time i have to work with MediaElch i must re-edit the sources. If the program were "portable" i can use one copy of every scenario.
Big Grin
(2013-10-10, 15:49)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@henricos: Yes, I've seen all suggestions and bug reports Wink

Coloring the media status columns when an image has a wrong aspect ratio would require to load and open all images when refreshing the library. This would make the scan really slow...
Next problem would be that some scrapers don't show the "real" resolution when getting the thumbnails and the thumbnails may have a wrong aspect ratio because of the scaling. So a "wrong aspect ratio" mark could only be shown after you've downloaded the full size image.
You see there are many things to consider when checking the aspect ratio. But it's a nice suggestion and I will try to include it.

@Komet,

It really is more complicated than I thought... but the indication on local files (alone) would be a great feature.

Thanks for even considering this suggestion!
(2013-10-10, 11:10)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-10, 05:40)ArcAnjel Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Komet,

2. Is this supported by XBMC?

Honestly, I don't know how XBMC handles it, but I know that if I put a local address in the NFO file (i.e. C:\XBMC Data\Actors\Alan Tudyk.jpg) that all of that actor's photos are the one I pointed to. I suspect it is taking the photo I point to in the NFO file and archiving it somewhere else. It certainly makes managing actor photos easier.
Hi Komet,

Is it possible to have more filter like those on the left side (movies by set, certification & genre)? Will be great to filter movies by rating, studios, countries, etc. It's a very powerful way to check missing/wrong informations in nfo's files.

Thanks again for MediaElch, using it every day and still the more powerful and fast way to scrape my medias!
Komet

any ideas why the created nfo files are not compatible with Ember MM?