Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-08-24, 11:31)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-22, 11:30)Buff Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, wondered if someone could help - I'm probably doing something simple incorrectly, but can't figure it out.

I'm running Matrix and installed the RCB Service for Matrix and the current Git version, setup two rom collections (N64 & PS1) and neither are importing any games. The log file seems to find 65 games (N64) but RCB says no games found.

My log is on my Google Drive (as too large for hastebin etc...) here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Looks like you ran into a bug that @XayOn already fixed (link). But I still had no time to test an include it in RCBs repo. Will do that ASAP.

Just curious: Did you abort RCBs import process or did it run to end? If you aborted it, this might be the reason. Usually this should work, but atm there is a bug in handling the abort command in Matrix branch.
Hi Malte,

Many thanks for looking at this for me, I'll wait for this to be updated.

I didn't purposely abort the import process, but I do remember the screen freezing and going all white, so I had to come out of that somehow and may have therefore aborted it without knowing. I think the reason for this was I was using the Matrix branch, rather than the current Git version. When I try to import now it takes seconds but with no results, so certainly haven't aborted since I reinstalled.

Many thanks
Hello,
I have a "few" games with names like:
3DS0103 - Tekken 3D - Prime Edition (Europe) (En,Fr,Ge,It,Es).7z
and I don't want to remove the numbers before the game names.
If I scrap them like this, I have no description and covers.
How can I scrap them correctly?
You could just remove the numbers temporary.

Remove the numbers and scrape the games so you get the correct *.nfo files and artworks. Then remove the games from your rom collection and give these files their old names. Make sure that the option "Prefer local nfo file if available" is enabled and then reimport your games (Don't forget to change the artwork names in your *.nfo files, too).
(2020-07-27, 11:45)XayOn Wrote: [ -> ]I had a few issues running RCB on Matrix branch, I added a PR (https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser/pull/427 ping to @malte :-) ).

RCB started but couldn't import games due to a few removed methods from python3. If any of you are using matrix branch, you could manually do those changes (they're just a few lines), I've been running it for two days straight without issues after that patch.
I finally managed to test and merge your PR. It is now available in Matrix and master branch. Thanks a lot!
@malte 

I try to integrate my PS3 games with rpcs3?

Before the import I set the option "Folder name as game name" and used "eboot.bin" as file mask.
The game also starts....BUT unfortunately it doesn't use the parent folder name but the USRDIR, where where the eboot.bin is located.
Here an example: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5\BLUS31568\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

Problem: If I rename the USRDIR, the game does not run.

I already tried it with a shortcut but then I always get the following error in the emulator:
E SYS: Invalid or unsupported file format: Z:/Tools/Emulators/PS3/ROMS/Tekken 6/Tekken 6.lnk

We talked about it some time ago, have you already found a solution?

Thanks!!
Hi,
First of all, thanks to the developers for this great add-on

I'm running into a problem with ROM Collection Browser. It used to work on my system (a S905 box running CoreELEC) but I recently had to reinstall Kodi, for unrelated reasons, and now my games simply do not launch. My only collection is a MAME collection and I'm using the "Use RetroPayer" setting in RCB
I was able to import all my games into RCB and I can browse them correctly, but when I try to launch them, nothing happens

I looked into Kodi's log files and the only possible error that is related to ROM Collection Browser is this:

https://paste.kodi.tv/osiyemiceh.kodi

Anyone can confirm if this is indeed the error that's preventing my games from launching? Or could it be something else?

Any tips appreciated

Thanks
(2020-11-12, 23:01)city_zen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm running into a problem with ROM Collection Browser. It used to work on my system (a S905 box running CoreELEC) but I recently had to reinstall Kodi, for unrelated reasons, and now my games simply do not launch. My only collection is a MAME collection and I'm using the "Use RetroPayer" setting in RCB
I was able to import all my games into RCB and I can browse them correctly, but when I try to launch them, nothing happens

I looked into Kodi's log files and the only possible error that is related to ROM Collection Browser is this:

Anyone can confirm if this is indeed the error that's preventing my games from launching? Or could it be something else?

Any tips appreciated

Thanks
Sorry for the late response. Yes, this is the error that is preventing your games from launching. Can you send me a complete log file that contains the error? What version of RCB are you using?
---
(2020-12-04, 10:16)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-12, 23:01)city_zen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Any tips appreciated

Thanks
Sorry for the late response. Yes, this is the error that is preventing your games from launching. Can you send me a complete log file that contains the error? What version of RCB are you using?
Thanks for your reply, malte
I've just sent you a PM with the complete log file
I'm using version 2.2.4 of RCB
I had RCB working great for awile but recently had to re-install Kodi for other reasons and I'm having a problem setting it up again.  I've installed the latest version and I'm able to scrape my nintendo roms and they appear fine in my library, but when i try to launch nothing happens.  I'm trying to use retroplayer and the roms are located on my NAS.  It works fine in kodi using retroplayer, it's just RCB that can't seem to launch the games.  I've tried the option to copy locally and I can see the games are being copied to tmp folder but they still don't launch.  I'm attaching debug log below.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

https://paste.kodi.tv/ezaqekonoj.kodi
(2021-01-04, 20:23)Pander02 Wrote: [ -> ]I had RCB working great for awile but recently had to re-install Kodi for other reasons and I'm having a problem setting it up again.  I've installed the latest version and I'm able to scrape my nintendo roms and they appear fine in my library, but when i try to launch nothing happens.  I'm trying to use retroplayer and the roms are located on my NAS.  It works fine in kodi using retroplayer, it's just RCB that can't seem to launch the games.  I've tried the option to copy locally and I can see the games are being copied to tmp folder but they still don't launch.  I'm attaching debug log below.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

@Pander02 
@city_zen 

Sorry for the late response again. You both have the same error. This error was fixed in current development branch and Leia branch. I just did not make a new release that contains this fix.

You can go to the Leia branch on RCBs github page and download the zip file there (click on "Code" and then "Download zip"). Or just grab the archive from here.

You can install the zip file just like any other addon zip file.
Thank you, it's working now.  One thing I'm noticing as I'm continuing my setup is that some systems aren't working with the roms stored on my NAS and using retroplayer.  For instance, I have some systems like Sega CD where the games include *.bin or *.iso and *.cue files.  I had them working fine when the roms are stored locally but not from the NAS.  If i select the option to make a local copy I can see that only one of the files is copied (such as only the *.bin or *.cue file) and so they are unable to play.  Is it possible to copy both the *.cue file and the *.bin or *.iso file locally or some other way I should be setting this up?  I may just go back to storing these systems locally, it would just be nice to have everything on the NAS.  Thanks for all you do, love RCB.
I cant scrape this games, among others, using thegameb or any other scraper.

IE

-Game file name: Dracula The Resurrection

https://thegamesdb.net/game.php?id=12927

-Game file name: Dracula The Last Sanctuary

https://thegamesdb.net/game.php?id=12923

-Game file name: Alone in the Dark One-Eyed Jack's Revenge

https://thegamesdb.net/game.php?id=11564

There are some : and - symbols involved, but other games with that symbol scrape fine. Maybe some adjustments can be done to rcb to improve this.

Thanks.
Edit. Double post
(2021-01-11, 16:40)malte Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-04, 20:23)Pander02 Wrote: [ -> ]I had RCB working great for awile but recently had to re-install Kodi for other reasons and I'm having a problem setting it up again.  I've installed the latest version and I'm able to scrape my nintendo roms and they appear fine in my library, but when i try to launch nothing happens.  I'm trying to use retroplayer and the roms are located on my NAS.  It works fine in kodi using retroplayer, it's just RCB that can't seem to launch the games.  I've tried the option to copy locally and I can see the games are being copied to tmp folder but they still don't launch.  I'm attaching debug log below.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

@Pander02 
@city_zen 

Sorry for the late response again. You both have the same error. This error was fixed in current development branch and Leia branch. I just did not make a new release that contains this fix.

You can go to the Leia branch on RCBs github page and download the zip file there (click on "Code" and then "Download zip"). Or just grab the archive from here.

You can install the zip file just like any other addon zip file.

@malte 

Thanks for your reply and the links
Unfortunately, I tried the version you gave us and it's still not working
The games fail to launch
The log file only displays this line:
"WARNING: CPythonInvoker(116, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon4xbmc6PlayerE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE"

I can send you a full log file again if you want, but I wasn't able to find any other references to RCB in it

Could it have something to do with the resolution of my display? My screen is 3840 x 2160. When I try to launch the games, I can see that the screen flickers for a fraction of a second and it only displays anything on the upper left part of the screen, as if trying to go back to 1920 x 1080. Then it goes black and after a second or so it reverts to the games list.
I don't know if this is expected or not, but it was the only thing that I could notice about this error