Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
KaizenYY Wrote:hello!
i have a question: does the VisualBoyAdvance emulator work ? I'm asking because I can't run my gb, gbc and gba roms via RCB.

greetings

It works for me. Nothing special in settings. Does it work simply in command line in your system?
malte Wrote:What scraper did you use? Do you have any entries in the filter boxes?
Everything besides CACHESELECTION actually works.

malte Wrote:Again, what scraper? Is it local available content or did you use an online scraper? Maybe the images did not get imported correctly?
Tried all scrapers. You can actually try to scrape this game: Metal Gear Solid [Disc1of2] [u] [SLUS-00594].img
Scraper downloads correct image and this image can be opened in any viewer.
malte Wrote:No, you can add as many types as you like with the wizard (boxfront, boxback, screenshot, ...). Just say "Yes" when it asks if you want to add another artwork type.
In the "Edit Rom Collection" dialog you can change the artwork type with the "Media type" box.
Can I use online scrapers for collection and than if something is wrong with covers (not visible, wrong etc) delete corresponding game and rescrape it using offline data?
ALNiKO Wrote:Everything besides CACHESELECTION actually works.
Ok. This option should not be available as it is not yet implemented. I will remove it with the next version.

ALNiKO Wrote:You can actually try to scrape this game: Metal Gear Solid [Disc1of2] [u] [SLUS-00594].img
Scraper downloads correct image and this image can be opened in any viewer.
Seems to be a problem with the [] in the filename. I thought I fixed this before but maybe the fix does not work anymore. I will look into this and make a new release in the next days.

ALNiKO Wrote:Can I use online scrapers for collection and than if something is wrong with covers (not visible, wrong etc) delete corresponding game and rescrape it using offline data?
Yes, this is no problem. Scraper settings are only used while scraping. After a game and all extra info is imported in db it does not matter where it came from.
Nevermind I got it.
I'm using 0.8.6, and every time I try to scrape some games, it stops on the first game. Always stops on Mobygames.
WarlockSyno Wrote:I'm using 0.8.6, and every time I try to scrape some games, it stops on the first game. Always stops on Mobygames.
Can you show me the xbmc.log after you tried to scrape your games?
malte Wrote:Can you show me the xbmc.log after you tried to scrape your games?

There you go.
http://anyhub.net/file/2X-z-xbmc.log
Strange. It really ends at this point?

I tried to reproduce it here with the same game names that you are using and it works fine.

Did you try it again at another time? Maybe mobygame was not available when you tried it last time?
malte Wrote:Strange. It really ends at this point?

I tried to reproduce it here with the same game names that you are using and it works fine.

Did you try it again at another time? Maybe mobygame was not available when you tried it last time?

It's been doing this since 0.8.4, only on that computer. Works on all the others.
And on this one computer it works with previous versions?
malte Wrote:And on this one computer it works with previous versions?

Well, it not only does it on RCB. It does it on TV Time and XBMCFlicks. Whenever it tries to grab any type of info it just stops. When I try and cancel it, it will says "Blah blah - Canceling..." and never cancel.
Ok, seems not to be RCB related. I checked your log and the code and it seems that the error occurs when trying to open the mobygames-url.

I think it stops at:
Code:
urllib.urlopen('http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?game=007%20-%20The%20World%20is%20Not%20Enough&p=9')

Did you try to invoke the url from a browser on this computer? Or if you have a python environment and know how to use it, can you try to invoke this peace of code?

But it is not a general internet access problem because the same thing with thegamesdb and giantbomb works (e.g. 'http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?name=007%20-%20The%20World%20is%20Not%20Enough').

Maybe you can't access only certain sites or regions with this computer? Something strange with proxy settings etc.

Do you have any special network settings on this PC or in your XBMC network settings? One user had accidently checked the HTTP Proxy in XBMC settings and had problems with accessing certain urls.
malte Wrote:Ok, seems not to be RCB related. I checked your log and the code and it seems that the error occurs when trying to open the mobygames-url.

I think it stops at:
Code:
urllib.urlopen('http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?game=007%20-%20The%20World%20is%20Not%20Enough&p=9')

Did you try to invoke the url from a browser on this computer? Or if you have a python environment and know how to use it, can you try to invoke this peace of code?

But it is not a general internet access problem because the same thing with thegamesdb and giantbomb works (e.g. 'http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?name=007%20-%20The%20World%20is%20Not%20Enough').

Maybe you can't access only certain sites or regions with this computer? Something strange with proxy settings etc.

Do you have any special network settings on this PC or in your XBMC network settings? One user had accidently checked the HTTP Proxy in XBMC settings and had problems with accessing certain urls.

That's weird. That link you posted, it won't connect on the computer, works on this one though. I'll look into networking, but any advice in appreciated.
Here's what it looks like on the XBMC Machine VIA WireShark.

Here's the one I'm using now.
I am unable to save the game using the "in-game" saving feature both in super metroid and super mario world.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks.
brapsman Wrote:I am unable to save the game using the "in-game" saving feature both in super metroid and super mario world.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks.
I just added this topic to the wiki. There is also a short description about saving games in zsnes. Maybe this helps.

Here is a zsnes tutorial that also describes how to use it.