Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
aTV 2, xbmc 11.0-4 ans quart 3.3.8 0 update failed?
Any info on this?
Hard to tell without looking at debug log.
Where can I download the latest unpacked textures?
(2012-07-17, 15:09)trotten Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I download the latest unpacked textures?

https://github.com/pecinko
Thank you very much!
Hi Pecinko,

been using more and more parts of the quartz skin and aside from some caching issues with new movie/tv show/album thumbs on the main menu page (reloading makes them show up) I'm loving it more and more.

Would it be possible to allow an option to set custom thumb for favourites/addons in the shelves? I find that some logos are quite ugly, some get mangled/cut up (when not square) and some favourites just don't have a thumb/logo, so if I have them in a shelf they have no image. Also, would it be possible to get favourites/addons in the XBMC shelf?

(2012-07-21, 11:32)mediumdry Wrote: [ -> ]been using more and more parts of the quartz skin and aside from some caching issues with new movie/tv show/album thumbs on the main menu page (reloading makes them show up) I'm loving it more and more.

Would it be possible to allow an option to set custom thumb for favourites/addons in the shelves? I find that some logos are quite ugly, some get mangled/cut up (when not square) and some favourites just don't have a thumb/logo, so if I have them in a shelf they have no image. Also, would it be possible to get favourites/addons in the XBMC shelf?

Hey mate, caching issues are XBMC related, nothing to do with a skin.

As for custom thumbs on shelf, only way to do it without breaking existing layout in settings would be to automatically bring up image browser after you set favorite, regardless of the need and without possibility for a user to skip it. I had this in Quartz 1, I think, but it is a bit confusing as you assign your shortcut and file browser opens up without any description or hint.

I have asked for this possibility to be added to context menu in favorites so please vote here if you want it http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12045

In the meantime you should be able to achieve this through manually editing favorites.xml
(2011-05-12, 08:11)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]IMPORTANT :

1. In order to populate menus with items of your choice, you need to add them to your favourites first.

Great skin but i would need help with this. Ho do i change the menu row having the video addons in it, is this possible? Mean, how can i assign the whole section "Video Addons" to the favorites instead of a single plugin?

Angryjack
(2012-07-23, 22:10)angryjack Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin but i would need help with this. Ho do i change the menu row having the video addons in it, is this possible? Mean, how can i assign the whole section "Video Addons" to the favorites instead of a single plugin?

You have to do it one by one, XBMC does not support this natively so skins are using script to copy-paste items from favourites, one at a time. First 5 items are being copied from add ons so you don't need to add those to favorites.

After playing around in the skin settings i got it managed now, looks great. I have to say that Quartz is the perfect skin for ATV2. I like the style of Apple's front row Wink

Thank you !

angryjack
I am running the newest update and it works great. The only problem I have is I can no longer disable the context menus. They still pop up even if I have it set to be disabled in the skin settings.
Guys

my real life got busy lately and we are expecting a baby in few months. Add to this that we already have 2 boys and you will pretty much have an idea how much time I have available Smile As much as I love skinning for XBMC it can be very time consuming and I need least effort solution ATM Smile

If someone would like to jump in and take care of a skin instead, even if just to keep it up with XBMC skin changes, it would be great: https://github.com/pecinko

Congratz man!
congrats indeed. My daughter just turned 8 weeks yesterday. You'll have a lot of work and fun ahead of you!
(2012-07-31, 12:44)vicmanpergar Wrote: [ -> ]Congratz man!

(2012-08-01, 16:53)mediumdry Wrote: [ -> ]congrats indeed. My daughter just turned 8 weeks yesterday. You'll have a lot of work and fun ahead of you!

Thanks guysSmile And also for your suggestions and keeping me company here.