Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can't get youtube working, it's highly unstable on all platforms,  windows, arm coreelec, x86 libreelec, android,     I'm getting a lot of  dailyLimitExceeded  errors in log   nevertheless api keys are enabled and work

https://paste.kodi.tv/caqemokowi.kodi

https://clip2net.com/s/456xkYG
https://clip2net.com/s/456xDTF

any help would be appreciated
full log  from  fresh  libreelec install  is here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hsKf4H...txUwZ8stJd
i can only watch 360p resp. the resolution of the videos is 1024x768.
is there a problem? have the latest stable release on coreelec nightly.
the problem was there before going to nightly.
(2019-12-07, 12:07)Volidol Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue. Trying to find a solution and no luck so far.

Hello!
I can’t log in to my Google account. Google tells me the following

Quote:Signing in with your Google Account is temporarily blocked for this application.

You cannot enter the application using your Google Account, because it has not yet passed our verification.

Is it like that for everyone? 
(2019-12-16, 07:26)rainbatt Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/700

Look here for login problem
is this problem for everybody? I can't log in.
Hello,

I have YT addon installed (with personal API keys configured), which is working just fine. Currently it's v6.5.2, but the first installation is from the "old bromix times".
For other reasons I was enabling all kodi debugs and in the logfile I noticed that the addon prints every few seconds this block of warnings with a bunch of:
  CSettingsManager: requested setting (youtube.api.XXXXXXX) was not found.
  CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to find definition for setting youtube.api.XXXXXXXX. Creating a setting on-the-fly...

Should I do something to get those missing settings properly created and saved somewhere?
As I wrote, the addon seems otherwise to be fully functional for me, so I'm not hugely concerned about it.
hi all,

could someone tell me how to enable high resolution on youtube videos?? i cant enable mpeg-dash option.

on general option i have 1080p direct / 720p (HD)
and mpeg-dash options is disabled for me.

im using ubuntu 18.04
(2019-12-22, 21:21)sunevil Wrote: [ -> ]hi all,

could someone tell me how to enable high resolution on youtube videos?? i cant enable mpeg-dash option.

im using ubuntu 18.04
inputstream adaptive and rtmp input addons was disabled by default under all my addons option. i enabled it and now i can configure mpeg-dash
(2019-12-11, 21:09)Meretory Wrote: [ -> ]is this for yt android inputstream.rtmp? for watch 4k yt.

does it exist for android inputstream.adaptive?

I've been getting this also in the last few days. Running on RPI 4, not changed anything of late.
(2019-12-22, 21:42)sunevil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-22, 21:21)sunevil Wrote: [ -> ]hi all,

im using ubuntu 18.04
inputstream adaptive and rtmp input addons was disabled by default under all my addons option. i enabled it and now i can configure mpeg-dash 

What proxy do you use for mpeg-dash, and how did you set it up? Mine won;t allow me to select the proxy section. Also, does this help with the login error? Thanks in advance.
I had this app working and had to re-install, now it does work anymore..... I've been trying to drag out the old API Key, ID and Secret but have a degree of difficulty.  I can find the key, but not sure what I need to put in for ID and Secret... please help!

Thanks
Callum

On that credentials screen you should have two entries, one for API keys and one for OAuth 2.0 Client IDs. If you've set this up previously there should be an entry under each.

• The API key should be visible under key and can be copied to the clipboard with the little double-page icon just to the right of it.
  • For the ID and secret, click on the link under name in the OAuth 2.0 Client IDs entry. That should bring up a screen showing the client ID and client secret.

Those three (API key, client ID and client secret) are the three items you need to enter to use your own API keys.
(2020-01-02, 12:02)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Those three (API key, client ID and client secret) are the three items you need to enter to use your own API keys. 

TL;DR: Read the EDIT for how I fixed my issue.

I have created new keys and new OAuth Client ID's a couple of times now, and when I enter the code the first time, I receive notification that the "Client ID is incorrect". I believe my method of configuring the API to be faulty, due to the fact that the websites I've visited providing instructions have older instructions, or instructions that seem to be missing some of the info I'm being asked for. (For example, when I attempt to create the OAuth credentials, I'm seeing a question of "Internal" vs. "External" which is not being referenced in the instructions I'm seeing. I'm also being forced to use "External" as I'm not a "G Suite User".)

Is there a current, up-to-date set of instructions on how to create the YouTube API for Kodi that you would recommend?

Edit: I have had SUCCESS, however, not without a couple of challenges. I used the instructions in POST #2 of this thread, and while there are a couple of items missing (the internal vs external question) the end result was a success. Basically, when you get to the step asking about internal vs. external, you're forced to use External if you're not a GSuite Customer. That's fine, but it also opens up an additional issue. I copied the API Key from the first set, and the Client ID and Secret from the second set, and saved. I had to EXIT KODI prior to attempting to connect twice using the app - as I tried it three times prior to exiting and restarting and it continued to give me the "Client ID is incorrect message" - but once I restarted it, the two connection process did do one thing differently. Because I had configured an External app, it warned me that "if you don't know the developer, click away!" and as I am the developer, technically of this key, I had to select the "yeah, I trust me" selection to continue to allow the Kodi app to use the keys.
(2020-01-02, 22:45)DurhamDev Wrote: [ -> ]TL;DR: Read the EDIT for how I fixed my issue.

Thank you for sharing your insights! I have also configured my API keys now, and it's working perfectly again.

Two quick things to mention for other going through this:
  • Dont be too scared when during the oauth screen creation you get told that the verification of your app will cost 80K USD - this will only happen once you submit to google for verification, and you dont have to do that for testing/dev purposes. You will just get a 100 user cap and a warning each time you login from scratch with your browser, so no big deal for personal use.
  • For easy editing of the keys on Ubuntu (I had some trouble copy/pasting via VNC to my living room machine), look for :~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml