Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@sangean See post #2 for v6.1.3, let me know if that resolves the issues for you.
(2018-08-24, 17:20)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@siliconhippy I double checked and did some testing;
IPTV Simple Client playlist:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, YouTube Test
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=yS2V6jQBXwk
On Kodi 17 it doesn't not work, on Kodi 18 it does work. There is nothing add-on wise that can be done to fix it for Kodi 17.
@anxdpanic

Thanks ! Will install Kodi18 alpha3 then, and looking forward to your other fixes in 6.2.0.
(2018-08-24, 19:32)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@sangean See post #2 for v6.1.3, let me know if that resolves the issues for you.
 Yes, it fixed it. Thanks!
@anxdpanic 
For a purpose test i have tryed the newest feature on alpha2 "Play whit Subtitle" on my osmc setup:
I don't know how it's works but after i select the feature from context menu of a video immediatelly after i obtain a totally empty list (list like when it's need to select resolution for a video....) whit a "Abort" on right. At this point i have tryed to select a empty line or tryed to choose the "Abort" and the normal reproduction of video it's started...... it's normal to obtain this empty list (if need i can tomorrow to post a photo of my tv).

Ah... i have also notified another things....... after the reproduction it's ended the selected video it's not "checked" as already watched if i use the "Play whit subtitle".
Hi,
Do I must log in in order to use the search option?
Because I'm getting empty results.
I've updated post #2 with ~alpha3

@DjDiabolik The subtitles languages being blank is fixed in ~alpha3, not sure I'll be able to resolve it not marking watched though.

@burekas Search doesn't require being logged in. It seems to be working fine here, and there are no other reports. Will need a debug_log (wiki) to see what's happening.
Hi, 

I'm new to Kodi and the forum.
Ive some movies on google play movies purchased and in the meantime youtube works too to watch the movies.
Is there any way to watch the movies with the youtube plugin?

Thanks and good time,
jlive
@jlive80
YouTube Purchases are playable in Kodi 18;
  • requires inputstream.adaptive >= 2.2.12
  • YouTube add-on Settings -> MPEG-DASH -> Use MPEG-DASH and Use for videos must be enabled

If a purchase fails after ~10 seconds;
  • set InputStream Adaptive -> Settings -> Stream selection -> manual 
  • change video stream during playback to preferred working resolution
  • provide a debug_log (wiki)
Is there a way to download videos anymore? I used to use youtube-dl but it stopped working for yt a couple of months back and the developer expressed that its not currently a priority to continue with the download function for that app. The ability to watch later was a great feature.
Thanks, anxdpanic

Works, I must set InputStream Adaptive -> Settings -> Stream selection -> manual 
after 10 second was the movie frozen.

Best Regards,
Jlive80
Hi Guys I'm new to the forum and I know a lot of people are getting the same issue or a similar one. I was setting up my Kodi 17.6 as a fresh start but to my surprise a YouTube addon error prompted . By checking the log file I get this:
Code:
12:41:37.260 T:7600   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
12:41:37.260 T:7600   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
12:42:50.435 T:7600   ERROR: Control 61 in window 10147 has been asked to focus, but it can't

It's just a snippet from the whole log. I've already tried with several versions of the addon, 6.1.3 included but no luck and if I enter to configure the addon and whipe everything in advanced, error after error will promt.

Any thoughts, advice?
@KingsCross The add-on doesn't have the option for download, and not something I plan to add. Others may have some suggestions though.

@Vaizen I'm not aware of any issues like you're mentioning. If you provide a full debug_log (wiki) we can try to resolve the issue.
What is the requirement/dependency to see the total length of the videos in minutes? (Skin, OS, KOdi version etc?) In some of my devices I can see that while in others it doesnt appear.
@sangean We should be providing video duration for all items, the skin determines how it is displayed.  If you think it may be the add-on you can see if it is missing in Estuary/Confluence. If it's missing with those skins, post a debug_log (wiki) reproducing.
(2018-08-24, 19:48)siliconhippy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-24, 17:20)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@siliconhippy I double checked and did some testing;
IPTV Simple Client playlist:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, YouTube Test
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=yS2V6jQBXwk
On Kodi 17 it doesn't not work, on Kodi 18 it does work. There is nothing add-on wise that can be done to fix it for Kodi 17.
@anxdpanic

Thanks ! Will install Kodi18 alpha3 then, and looking forward to your other fixes in 6.2.0.

@anxdpanic

As Kodi 18 Beta1 was released today, I am wondering: will the ffmeg live HLS working be retained in the final Kodi18 version?

1. Is there DASH support in ffmpeg updated version, or will we still need the inputstream.adaptive add-on?

2. What is the difference between hardware and software decoding for 720p or below?
When do we need one or the other, and availability?

Cheers,