Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 17.6 and Kodi 18.0, Windows and Raspberry PI 2. Youtube 6.4.0

How can I see the oldest videos on a channel without having to go through dozens of pages? Sort option (Sort by: Date Added) only affects first page. It´s possible? Thanks.
(2019-02-24, 08:45)G12345567 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to get Youtube plug-in to play videos at a resolution higher than 720p?

I've gone through many threads and setting in this forum as well as on the net. but no matter what I configure the plugins and addons to the max I am offered when playing back a video is 720p.

Can someone please help in how to get 10080p or higher to be recognised in youtube when playing back videos.

Using the latest 6.4.0 Youtube plug-in and newest kodi 8.1.
1) Download Inputstream.adaptive add-on and enable it
2) Go into Inputstream.adaptive or YouTube's add-on settings and enable mpeg-dash and mpeg-dash proxy under MPEG-DASH. Then configure InputStream Adaptive, set min bandwidth to 30000000, enable ignore display resolution, and set stream selection to auto.
Anyone have an issue with YouTube constantly showing the buffering circle animation, and I mean constantly throughout entire video. Yet the video plays always no problem, never starts and stop or stutter.

Not always does it happen, seemingly at random. But only on YouTube videos. Local NFS streams and other streaming plugins all work fine.

I tried Kodi v18 Leia on LibreELEC and CoreELEC on a default install with the YouTube plugin, and the problem is identical.
Problem did not exist on Kodi v17, I am a long time Kodi user since the Xbox days, internet is fine.
@a8960 
Currently not possible with the add-on, I do intend to add it in the future. https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/558

@neo_
I have not experienced this w/ Windows / OSMC, and there have been no other reports. May be able to see what is causing the issue with a complete debug_log (wiki).
In krypton playlists will autoplay, in Leia playlist don't work at all that I'm seeing, no error in Leia, just spins the circle and never plays..
I can't use public keys now. I've used a public key to view video within, "My Subscriptions", in an unlimited capacity until today. I could use a pesonal key, that I have previously set up, but the only account that I can link it to is not the account I actually use, and has no subscriptions, so I would have to manually add hundreds of subscriptions. Does anyone else have the problem I'm describing with the public key, or have any suggestions on how to fix this ( other than using a personal key ) ?
(2019-02-28, 03:49)neo_ Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have an issue with YouTube constantly showing the buffering circle animation, and I mean constantly throughout entire video. Yet the video plays always no problem, never starts and stop or stutter.

Not always does it happen, seemingly at random. But only on YouTube videos. Local NFS streams and other streaming plugins all work fine.

- Can confirm I am experiencing this identical issue as well. Using 18.1 on Ubuntu 16.04
- The other issue I have is that at random times I am unable to select the "Next Page" folder, the OK/Select stops responding. The only fix is to restart Kodi.
I'm seeing this warning repeated many times in my kodi.log file. I realise that it's just a warning. But the fact that this happens right after starting Kodi, when I have not yet started the YT add-on, and the repetition of the warning bother me. muyurufesu.kodi (paste)
Everything is running as it should be, but i see now some crazy things in my Kodi Log.

Snippet:
Code:
2019-03-05 20:09:41.435 T:3872117616 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: loading setting definitions
2019-03-05 20:09:41.435 T:3872117616 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2019-03-05 20:09:41.436 T:3872117616 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: cannot reference separator setting in old setting condition "eq(-5,true)" for "kodion.mpd.live_streams"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.436 T:3872117616 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-5,true)" of old setting definition for "kodion.mpd.live_streams"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.436 T:3872117616 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: cannot reference separator setting in old setting condition "eq(-7,true)" for "kodion.install.inputstreamhelper"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.436 T:3872117616 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-7,true)" of old setting definition for "kodion.install.inputstreamhelper"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.440 T:3872117616 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: loading setting values
2019-03-05 20:09:41.458 T:3393565552 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: loading setting definitions
2019-03-05 20:09:41.458 T:3393565552 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2019-03-05 20:09:41.459 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: cannot reference separator setting in old setting condition "eq(-5,true)" for "kodion.mpd.live_streams"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.459 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-5,true)" of old setting definition for "kodion.mpd.live_streams"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.459 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: cannot reference separator setting in old setting condition "eq(-7,true)" for "kodion.install.inputstreamhelper"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.459 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-7,true)" of old setting definition for "kodion.install.inputstreamhelper"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.463 T:3393565552 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: loading setting values
2019-03-05 20:09:41.471 T:3393565552 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: loading setting definitions
2019-03-05 20:09:41.471 T:3393565552 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2019-03-05 20:09:41.472 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: cannot reference separator setting in old setting condition "eq(-5,true)" for "kodion.mpd.live_streams"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.472 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-5,true)" of old setting definition for "kodion.mpd.live_streams"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.472 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: cannot reference separator setting in old setting condition "eq(-7,true)" for "kodion.install.inputstreamhelper"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.472 T:3393565552 WARNING: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-7,true)" of old setting definition for "kodion.install.inputstreamhelper"
2019-03-05 20:09:41.476 T:3393565552 DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: loading setting values
 And its filling and filling .... Eek
Nothing to worry about?
(2019-03-01, 19:28)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@a8960
Currently not possible with the add-on, I do intend to add it in the future. https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/558

Ok. Thanks. I'll be waiting...

Another Problem:

In all the Mix Playlists generated by youtube that I saved in "Saved Playlists"... like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10NZQF0...rt_radio=1

When I try to play it gives me an error...:

Kodi 18.1 , Kodi 18.0, Kodi 17.6, Windows, Raspberry Pi...same error..

Log

Is there a solution?

Thanks.
@skyhigh69 
Would need a complete debug log (wiki), they are working as expected here.

@simonmoon 
You should be able to sign in with any/multiple accounts using the same private keys. They are not limited to the account that created it.

@Luke Cage
Not sure what would have caused that. Running Settings - General - Configure subtitles may resolve the issue. ~alpha4 also makes a minor change to that setting.

@Gothico
This is fixed in ~alpha4

@a8960
The issue with those playlists is fixed in ~alpha4

Post #2 and the test repositories have been updated with ~alpha4
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...t-versions
[fix] fixed saved playlists that don't belong to a channel
[fixup] fix failed to parse enable condition "eq(-#,true)"
[fixup] subtitle setting choice, change `value` to `default`
(2019-03-06, 18:43)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Luke Cage
Not sure what would have caused that. Running Settings - General - Configure subtitles may resolve the issue. ~alpha4 also makes a minor change to that setting.
You were right. The following seems to have stopped logging the messages. Thanks.
First "Settings >> General >> Configure subtitles : No" and then "Download subtitles before starting playback? (Default: No) : No" in the popup.

And confirming that this one is also resolved after upgrading to v18 (you predicted that this would be resolved in v18, before the release of v18). Thanks again.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2803836
@anxdpanic  i have a possibly feature request/suggestion to add. Try to explain:
It's possible to add a feature to create a prefereed "Channel" menù ? For example....... i know there's the "Subscription" list and there's also present the "My Subscription" (normal and filtered) but whit this addictional list i thinks it's possible to create a shortcut to some channel to access directly to his video list.
For example..... now for access to a video channel list you need to open the "Subscriction" list, found the channel among all if you have a lot of channel subscripted.

Whit a prefereed list you can create a little list of preferred channel....... click "Ok" over a name and boom... have access directly to his video updated list. Somethigs like a shortcuts of "Go To <namechannel>" present's on context menu but avaible from a main list.

It's clear what's it's my idea ?

*EDIT*
For example... i tryed to google search. Found some alternative like:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/4...favorites/
Or problably this "old" addons:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=159284&page=5

It's possibly to add somethigs similar ? I thinks it's usefull if you want to follow a channel that you are not subscribed to Smile
Something to manage channels better would be useful. Even YouTube itself doesn't manage this very well, although there are some 3rd party chrome addons to help with this (see below), but as you wrote nothing really available for Kodi anymore, and google removed it's similar native feature as well for some reason.

Currently I just have a "Channels' folder (and sub folders) created in Super Favourites to which I add channels but it is completely inconvenient to keep organised and up to date, and it doesn't sync either.

I would like to have effectively 'Playlists for Channels', so that this works, can be managed, and syncs across both the Web and Kodi, but I don't see a way to achieve this at the moment unfortunately.

But there is a chrome addon called YouTube Subscription Manager that already does a lot of this (except the Kodi part), is still updated and supported, and tries to replicate the old YouTube Collections functionality in some way. It's not perfect but it tries to be useful:

Youtube Subscription(Collection) Manager Wrote:Using this simple extension, you can create collections that seamlessly fits into the YouTube webpage.

This extension enables you to:
★ Create/modify/delete collections list.
★ Group channels to collections. One channel = few collections.
★ Add custom icon for collection.
★ Show last videos from collections and channel.
★ Auto sync your collections.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...authuser=1
https://yousub.info/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...-Mar2515-1
https://www.youtube.com/user/dimachipko

It would be a good start if the developer of YouTube Subscription Manager also offered a Kodi addon (or an api that Kodi could utilise). His android app (in beta I think) syncs with his chrome extension, so I assume a Kodi addon could sync to this as well somehow.

Wishful thinking maybe, but dreams are free - except that they require @anxdpanic to code them... Angel Nod Big Grin
Unable to view activation code to sign in

Every time I select Sign-In on youtube the small window with the init code is briefly displayed, but then it's immediately covered by the youtube settings window. There isn't enough time to see the code, thus I'm unable to sign in. This has been a problem for some time. This is the same whether I use the latest youtube plugin from the Kodi repo, or the latest git release. I've tried different skins and it's exactly the same. It's also the same on a new Kodi install, as well as one with several addons added. I'm currently using Kodi 18.1 Leia, with Youtube plugin version 6.4.0.

A brief error message is displayed (extracted from the log):
Quote:ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting access token: Code: |400| JSON: |{u'error_description': u'Credentials in post body and basic Authorization header do not match', u'error': u'invalid_request'}|

ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] LoginException: [400] invalid_request: Credentials in post body and basic Authorization header do not match

I'm using fully updated Arch Linux, running under Plasma 5.

Here's an updated, clean debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/aworukijuy.kodi.

If I click on any other youtube link (eg Popular Right Now), I get a popup saying "Youtube: forbidden".

I've searched this forum, as well as the previous one, and have done a Google search without finding anything. I'd be grateful for any help. TIA.